• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fireworks or World of Color?

Both shows are great but if you had to choose one, which would you recommend?

• Total voters

delwood16

Earning My Ears
For the Disneyland experts out there: I’m taking a friend that’s never been to Disneyland along with her 2 year old daughter to the parks next month and want them to see one of the nighttime spectaculars. For those who have seen both shows, which do you recommend we prioritize? We’re likely not going to be able to stake out a viewing spot an hour before the show either, so ease of finding a decent viewing location 15 mins or so before the show should be taken into account too 😊

World Of Color would be fun but it might be hard to find a good spot without waiting for a little while, unless you want to do the dessert party.

I might do Fireworks, but somewhere out of the way like Galaxy's Edge. My son was terrified of fireworks at that age. It would be tricky if you were on Main St. and had to make your way out of the park or to a quiet spot in a hurry.

Do you think the 2 year old will still be awake for Fireworks or WOC? Maybe a daytime parade would be a good alternative. Or even the night time one, since that happens earlier than fireworks.

You could ask your friend if the 2 year old would be awake, and also if she has any issues with fireworks or loud noises. WOC is pretty bright/loud even though it isn't fireworks.

WOC for sure! You can see fireworks in so many other places

I agree. World of Color is a fairly unique offering and is very cool. The fireworks are impressive too, but are similar to other shows. Also, there is always the possibility of the wind cancelling fireworks, but WoC should run excepting pretty extreme circumstances, which is unlikely.

It depends tbh, I think for least amount of waiting I would choose the fireworks from the train station. They are far enough away that it's less noisy and you can see all of Main Street.

WoC is nice and as many have mentioned before it is less noisy. But even as an adult I have to stand on the very first row and get soaked, otherwise I am not able to see anything. I can't imagine a 2 year old would have a better time at it unless you choose to pay for the dessert party.

Fireworks. You can easily watch from ROA and get to a quieter location if needed. I doubt a 2 year old would appreciate WOC.

We did WOC Dessert party...our boys were 5 and 2 at time of the trip and they loved it. We did the fireworks the night before, and our 2 year old wasn't amused (My MIL actually started the walk out with him before they finished).

I personally like WOC better, but I also voted for WOC for two practical reasons already noted by PPs. First - my kids had issues with fireworks at that age; I at least learned that in situations with easier escapes than DL in December. Second - fireworks get canceled pretty regularly, and it would be a huge bummer to bank on one show and have that happen.

Toddlers being toddlers, I wouldn't necessarily pick either one and assume they will be entertained LOL. At that age, my kids (now teens) would have put nighttime entertainment well below rides, characters, climbing on things, and treats. ;)

I would probably go with neither. First, are you going on the weekend because the fireworks likely won't run on weeknights in January. Second, when my DD was 2 she loved the fireworks on the 4th of July, so we figured she would really love the fireworks a few months later at Disneyworld. We were wrong. They are so much louder in the parks and the booms really echo. We found ourselves having to rush her into the Emporium and cover her ears. Unless you are sure that the noise won't bother her, I would skip trying to get some great spot to see them over the castle. You could also go for a less crowded spot than Main Street that doesn't involve waiting around, but I would be prepared to make a hasty exit into a store- or some people bring sound cancelling headphones. As far as World of Color-- at that age, my DD would have liked it, but unless you do the dessert party and she has a chair--- there is likely going to be a lot of waiting to get a decent spot and as it is standing only in the viewing area, a 2 year old won't see much unless you are holding them high the whole time, or get a spot in the wet zone on the rail. At age 2, mine absolutely adored the parades. I would go with planning to catch a parade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter