First DCL cruise - first ever cruise, actually - on Wish

ahappydisneydad

Earning My Ears
I cruised on Wish last weekend (Jul 14-17) and just thought of sharing my experience. I read a lot on the forum while planning and just had to write it back to try to help future cruisers as you all helped me.

I ignored advice on this board and didn’t care for checking in until a couple days before boarding. Bad decision. We got boarding group 27 and boarding was really chaotic. Not only that, but 10 minutes after we set foot on the boat the safety instructions started. We therefore only got to start our full experience after some hours of not-that-fun things.

We were kind of upset - mind you temperature was in the high 90s - until I got to the theater for the first night show. What an amazing show. Short but hitting all high notes. That first night we had dinner at Arendelle - we didn’t think a lot of it, maybe because we were tired. My 6yo went to Oceaneer’s Club before dinner - and had a blast. After dinner, it was bedtime.

Following day we skipped Nassau (been there in Feb) to explore the ship. It was an amazing day. Had breakfast at 1923 (highly recommend it) and hit the pools. We found that Chip’n’Dale’s pool is nice to beat the crowds. We spent all day by the sun, had amazing drinks, staff was incredibly friendly (even for Disney standards) and had an incredible time.

At evening, Little Mermaid at the theater (really Broadway standard musical) and dinner at Marvel (we asked and were accommodated to change our dinner rotation to be in the same restaurant andt table as my brother-in-law). Dinner was good.

Next day, Castaway Cay. Wonderful. What a nice setting. Beautiful. Good food, good drink service, everything running smoothly and great.

Got back to the ship and did something different by myself: went to the movies to catch the latest Indiana Jones. It was awesome.

Dinner was again at Arendelle (because of the rotation change) and this time we got a super prime table and got to enjoy the whole show. We loved it. It was definitely a highlight. Food this time was amazing.

Next day we had breakfast at Arendelle - very good - and unfortunately it was time to go. Departure went smoothly and was uneventful.

We had an amazing time. Loved it every second after the safety drill. Three days were very little. We will definitely return!

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed your first Disney cruise! I agree about Indiana Jones. We saw it on our cruise a couple of weeks ago, and really enjoyed it. I went in with a bit of a chip on my shoulder because of all of the not so positive reviews I had been reading. I felt it fit right in with past movies. I do think the tuk tuk scene went a little long. 🤣 I am shocked that people still pan this movie. So happy to have seen it with a bunch of fans who cheered and clapped their enjoyment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter