First dining wait list

Gzub1003

Mouseketeer
So I am wait listed for first dining on are cruise that leaves next Friday. At this point I am figuring I won’t get moved. I know I can try when I get on board but has anyone ever had success getting it done over the phone before hand? I spoke with a cast member a few weeks ago about something else asked and she said no. But I know you can get a different answer with every person you talk to. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

No, the CM’s on the phone have no power. There is a specific dining team that goes through the guest list and waitlist a few days before - between 7 and 2 days before the cruise - and finalize the table assignments. The CMs on the phone can only move you if there is availability in the system, something you can check yourself online.

Unless your group is abnormally large, you got on the waitlist very late or you do not have young children in your group, the odds of you getting main are still very good. They only make a small portion of main dining spots available online because they know it is a must for a lot of families with young kids. They use the waitlist to assign it to people that want it enough to request it. And they only go through the waitlist once or twice before the cruise, very close to it.

No, the CM’s on the phone have no power. There is a specific dining team that goes through the guest list and waitlist a few days before - between 7 and 2 days before the cruise - and finalize the table assignments. The CMs on the phone can only move you if there is availability in the system, something you can check yourself online.
Ok thanks. maybe there is a slim chance I get moved before we board then.

Also check when you get onboard. Things can be fluid with people making changes all the time. They normally post up a restaurant on boarding day and you can try to get Palo and Remy reservations and make changes to regular dining. We have had to go there a few times to make sure we got a table with our friends that we were cruising with. My fingers are crossed for my November cruise as I have never waited this long to be moved off the waitlist but things have been different since COVID. Best of luck!

Like Marc D said, make sure you check the website online yourself to see if you have the ability to change to first seating. The one time we were assigned second seating, we repeatedly checked on the website and one day we had the option to switch to first seating.

Like Marc D said, make sure you check the website online yourself to see if you have the ability to change to first seating. The one time we were assigned second seating, we repeatedly checked on the website and one day we had the option to switch to first seating.
Thanks. I do keep checking. If it wasn’t for my 4 year old I wouldn’t even mind the second dining. Lol

check on your reservation that it says wait listed for main dining. I called web support today and it's now showing on my reservation for waitlist for main dining. Sucks that I can't check times anymore since the link says cancel request.

Your best bet is to board asap and to ask to be moved upon boarding. People do it every cruise and it works on a first-come, first-served basis, for as long as availability holds out. I've often been among the first to Dining Changes because I like to confirm a private table, and each time there were people there asking for a change to first dining. Those requests were routinely granted- undoubtedly because it was early on and they still had the availability to make the switch.

There's also the option of writing an email to DCL and explaining your situation.
If your cruise wasn't so close you'd have a good chance of getting changed. - I've requested changes a couple of times via email and was successful. But we had plenty of time before the sailings, I'd say 4-8 weeks before.
Still, give it a try. Make sure you mention your 4yo child.

For our 9-night this summer on the Fantasy, we were second dining all the way up until we checked in at the terminal for our cruise. Then once in the terminal, I looked to see our dining rotation and realized only then (like 11:30 am on Embarkation day) that our dining had been moved to main seating from second seating. Even that morning, checking the app at 7 am it showed me as second seating -so changes can and do occur.

I’m on the 10/29/22 cruise and waitlist for main dining have been switching this week. Several folks got theirs, but I grabbed mine myself. I check the app often and caught it available on Tuesday and got it. So relieved.

I am in the same boat as OP literally (same sailing) and figuratively (waitlisted for main). We had main dining on the 9/30 cruise before it was cancelled and we had to rebook to this one so I did call yesterday just to ask if there is anything they can do to get us on main and no dice—just have to keep fingers crossed waitlist comes through or else try on the ship. Will keep my fingers crossed for both of us!

I am in the same boat as OP literally (same sailing) and figuratively (waitlisted for main). We had main dining on the 9/30 cruise before it was cancelled and we had to rebook to this one so I did call yesterday just to ask if there is anything they can do to get us on main and no dice—just have to keep fingers crossed waitlist comes through or else try on the ship. Will keep my fingers crossed for both of us!
Thanks and Good luck to you to.

Just got an e mail that we got switched to main dining. Thanks to everyone for your support. Haha
We still have late :(

Hope they are still processing but I suspect we didn’t make the cut… we booked late so I am not too surprised but guess I will have to try on the ship.

Ah ok, we are the Wish. Same sail date different ship I guess. Fingers crossed we get ours tomorrow’
Good luck!! I know 3 ships are leaving that day from the crap I had trying to check in at midnight. Let me know how it goes.

I’m on the 10/29/22 cruise and waitlist for main dining have been switching this week. Several folks got theirs, but I grabbed mine myself. I check the app often and caught it available on Tuesday and got it. So relieved.
We are on the same sailing as you. We are waitlisted for first seating. I just downloaded the app - haven't used it before. If I click the change button will it keep what we have and on the waitlist unless I change it? Don't want to go to the end of the line, if I screw something up with not knowing how the app works.

We are on the same sailing as you. We are waitlisted for first seating. I just downloaded the app - haven't used it before. If I click the change button will it keep what we have and on the waitlist unless I change it? Don't want to go to the end of the line, if I screw something up with not knowing how the app works.
I wondered that too. I checked often and if it wasn’t available I just arrowed out. I did it so many times. Finally it had both open and I clicked the early one. Sorry I don’t know if it changes your position. Keep in mind when you board, go to enchanted gardens right away on deck 2. If there’s a table set up, they will be available for dining changes. We have always gone there first, before lunch when we wanted to change dining, or request a private table. That was my plan if I hadn’t gotten it this time. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter