First stay at AKV and it was a nightmare experience

IanKH

Have you been pleased with any of the WDW resorts? Thanks judy

They did offer me add-on points in what was called Hotpoint Villas, but I don't know, it did look a bit like a refrigerator box to me. Though on the plus side it did have a ditch view and they changed the newspaper lining every 4 days.:rotfl2:

I heard that when your waiting for bell services to take your bags, the dingos will eat your babies. Can someone who has stayed there verify this?

Quit whining! There's only two of them. How many can they eat? You'd think they were velociraptors the way some people complain. (BTW the 'raptors are on the Jurassic savannah, in back of the resort.)

<sarcasm>

No, no, no. I said I wanted December 24th to January 2nd, 2 bedroom, Club level. I am only able to pay $8.00 per point.

Please help! We NEED to take my dying mother to WDW. It has been her dream to visit during Christmas and New Years specifically, with her grandchildren before she dies; we predict that will be on January 3rd thus the neccesity to check out on the 2nd.

We do want DDP. Can my 3 children share one DDP? They are very skinny and if instructed to do so will only eat one meal a day; so we really only need one DDP to split between them. We will let Grandma have their snack vouchers as this is her *special* trip and last visit to WDW. :sad:

Speaking of vouchers, does anyone know where I can get some free Southwest drink vouchers? I have some coupons I can trade for them. Ohhhh, my Southwest Ding just went off! Gotta work on airfare next!! :cheer2:

</sarcasm>
;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Unfortunately I think I saw this post in December but it was for VWL. You know it was Grandma's last wish to see VWL at Xmas!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Unfortunately I think I saw this post in December but it was for VWL. You know it was Grandma's last wish to see VWL at Xmas!

Hrmph! That was GRANDPA!

In his younger days he was a logger up in Oregon. After retiring to the desert he longed to see the woods one last time before he died. Since the trails in the woods are not paved (not to mention that his memory & eyesite were shot) we felt a trip to VWL would be the perfect last trip for him before he went to meet his maker. :sad1:

Tears are streaming down my face.

My sister thinks I am crazy.

I lost it with the dingo post. :rotfl2:

Quit whining! There's only two of them. How many can they eat? You'd think they were velociraptors the way some people complain. (BTW the 'raptors are on the Jurassic savannah, in back of the resort.)

I don't think she's whining? Sounds to me more like "hoping"? :happytv:

Don't understand why they wouldn't let me feed all my leftovers to the animals- wouldn't it save on maintenance fees if we all did that? I thought all animals liked crackers and potato chips. Now they say I'm banned from ever staying there again- not fair

Don't understand why they wouldn't let me feed all my leftovers to the animals- wouldn't it save on maintenance fees if we all did that? I thought all animals liked crackers and potato chips. Now they say I'm banned from ever staying there again- not fair

WHAT?! You mean I can't pitch my leftovers off my balcony and feed those cute little animals? Not even the lettuce from my tuna sandwich? I thought giraffes liked leafy greens?

Well that settles it. I'm not staying there. Waste of points. What was Disney thinking? (And to top it off now we have a flood of ignorant AKV owners trying to steal my reservations out from under me.)

DW and I took the in-laws to AKV for a lovely rest -- we thought it would be nice to take the old folks somewhere warm and AKV was just the ticket -- or so we thought.

We didn't mind the giraffe poop in the jacuzzi tub. We accepted it was a part of the ambience.

We didn't even mind the elephants stealing the peanuts from our 2nd floor balcony and we fully agree with AKV mousekeepers using the elephant trunks as power-washers to save on maintenance fees for us.

I even appreciated seeing all the rusted out military vehicles rotting in the savannah. I've seen enough war movies to know that parts of Africa must look more like used car lots than untouched wilderness. Having the bell staff dressed as German Afrika Korps soldiers and making us carry our own luggage while they pointed bayonets at us was also a nice touch -- it made the long forced march to our room just a part of the total theming of the resort.

Our rental car was found jacked up on cinder blocks when we were packing up to go to the airport. Since a few of my friends have told me about what happens to cars left around places like Mogadishu I didn't mind one bit. That was one of the trip highlights! We felt like we were right in Africa.

However, the one thing that really turned us off the resort was the vultures circling over the pool when the senior citizen's aqua-fit class was in session. The poor vultures couldn't tell if all these old folks resting after the exercise class were alive or dead. The screams from the old people made such a din.

We won't be back to AKV anytime soon -- that's for sure.

However, the one thing that really turned us off the resort was the vultures circling over the pool when the senior citizen's aqua-fit class was in session. The poor vultures couldn't tell if all these old folks resting after the exercise class were alive or dead. The screams from the old people made such a din.

We won't be back to AKV anytime soon -- that's for sure.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You're evil, you know. Ok, I nominate this post for a keeper.

<sarcasm>

No, no, no. I said I wanted December 24th to January 2nd, 2 bedroom, Club level. I am only able to pay $8.00 per point.

Please help! We NEED to take my dying mother to WDW. It has been her dream to visit during Christmas and New Years specifically, with her grandchildren before she dies; we predict that will be on January 3rd thus the neccesity to check out on the 2nd.

I was about to just flat out give you our points until I read it was to take your dying mother to WDW. I had initially thought you were bringing a missionary family from Thailand.

If you read my previous post about the circling vultures you will realize that your trip planning is not necessarily encumbered by your mother's expected demise. While we aren't allowed to toss food and garbage over the balcony @ AKV, dead bodies are apparently welcome. :scared1: (it's in the ultra fine print in the POS). It's all about the Circle of Life and makes a wonderful teaching moment for all the guests.

We told you - it was the juice boxes where you crossed the line! No straws allowed remember?

PS: Giraffe's like peanut butter. We smeared some on DSs face and that cute lil giraffe came over and licked it clean off!

Since AKV is so messed up I guess all these "NEW PEOPLE" will be booking the good dates at SSR. I hear their all slobs, all that annimal dung on their shoes.:scared:

<sarcasm>

I came back from the MK with my Mickey (mylar) balloons, and they took them away! Said they had to deflate them so as to not hurt the animals.... I couldn't believe it. Told them they had to reimbuse me for the $10 they cost. Total Rip off.

CM then proceeded to take away my giant slurpee. Something about straws and the styrofoam cup. I was so shocked, went outside to calm down.

So I was admiring the giraffes, calming down and smoking my cigarette by the savanah, when a CM comes up shrieking at me!

blah, blah, blah....

</sarcasm>

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :laughing: :eek:

One things for sure, you got the jump on everybody! At least it will help to take the heat off of SSR bashing for awhile, or did that stop back some time ago?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter