First tattoo, age of DS, DD?

My kids got tattoos in January.
Sounds like they managed to do it just in time; in a lot of places the parlors have had to close for a while because of covid.

Yes, it's become - not 'obligatory' - but very compelling for siblings in many families to share similar inkings, however tiny. (Sometimes mom and dad are asked to do it, too, with them, aren't they?)

Sounds like they managed to do it just in time; in a lot of places the parlors have had to close for a while because of covid.

Yes, it's become - not 'obligatory' - but very compelling for siblings in many families to share similar inkings, however tiny. (Sometimes mom and dad are asked to do it, too, with them, aren't they?)
Yes, they are.

I will advocate thinking about it and making sure that it is something you really want on your body forever. That is what I've told my kids since I got mine and when they've asked questions about them. ..

I was the first in my household to get one. I got my first one just over 4 years ago, my wife got her first and so far only one two years ago.
So they took your advice so far?

So was it maybe at first just a bit hard to 'let go' when you knew she could now go have it done, without your say-so?

Nope didn’t bother me. The only reason I didn’t sign for her to get one prior to her turning 18 was I didn’t want her to come back years later and accuse me of letting her get something stupid.

Her body, her decision.

(There's already a thread on ripped jeans!)

Up here, bank employees not unusually have visible tattoos; maybe in your area also?
I wouldn’t have the first clue what bank employees look like these days — I haven’t been to a bank in more than a decade.

I wouldn’t have the first clue what bank employees look like these days — I haven’t been to a bank in more than a decade.
It's undoubtedly more and more widespread, isn't it? although it used to be a man thing, yet today it seems that it's not unusual even for grandmothers and granddaughters to bond together with inking.

yes, some of them do, some of them have more tattoos.
Perhaps, then, this would be why your daughter that you mentioned hasn't had it done yet?

At around 18, it does seem to become for so many a very compelling thing to have done.

Perhaps, then, this would be why your daughter that you mentioned hasn't had it done yet?

At around 18, it does seem to become for so many a very compelling thing to have done.

No, I think she just realized I was right in saying that whatever design she picked today might not be the one she wants forever. I know her -- I was the one who repainted her room 3 times in the last 10 years and wall colour is much easier to change than a tattoo. :rotfl2: She is like this about absolutely everything.

No, I think she just realized I was right in saying that whatever design she picked today might not be the one she wants forever. I know her -- I was the one who repainted her room 3 times in the last 10 years and wall colour is much easier to change than a tattoo. :rotfl2: She is like this about absolutely everything.
I know what you mean about young ppl changing their minds!

Maybe some of her tattooed friends also had similar thoughts but felt so compelled to have it done anyway: at around 18 a tattoo is kind of: Ohh, I feel an adult now...

Seems like at the time you really did want to have it done badly, then? :)

I guess I must have lol. Not gonna lie it was impulsive in the moment. I had wanted one and planned to get one when I was 18, but it just sort of happened that day. At the time, tattoos were illegal in the state I lived in. We happened to be in New Hampshire the day after prom and so I took the opportunity to do it while I was there bc they were legal in NH.

I guess I must have lol. Not gonna lie it was impulsive in the moment. I had wanted one and planned to get one when I was 18, but it just sort of happened that day. At the time, tattoos were illegal in the state I lived in. We happened to be in New Hampshire the day after prom and so I took the opportunity to do it while I was there bc they were legal in NH.
Yes, you're right; at times parlors located near state lines must get significant business because of different regulations, right?

Seems in retrospect that you at that time must have been quite the 'target' customer that your parlor in NH would have been looking for, don't you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter