First time staying at SSR

izzylovesmickey

DIS Veteran
and we have a cash reservation. I want to be sure i've got my thoughts straight. Could someone please confirm/correct me?

We will have a 2 brm villa. Are we more likely to have a dedicated 2 bdr or a lock off?
There are 5 of us on the reservation with the possibility of a 6th for one night. I know we are supposed to have daily mousekeeping. Will I need to request towels for the fifth/sixth person?
Any suggestions for things that aren't provided that people find they need? I plan to bing laundy supplies but it seems as the kitchen should have the basics that we would need to cook/eat. Do we need salt/pepper?

Thanks for any help!

Not sure about the dedicated vs lockoff but on a cash reservation you will have daily mousekeeping. Your villa will be stocked with the standard towels for the max occupancy, no need to request more. There will be a box of laundry detergent (enough for 1 large load or 2 small loads) and the kitchen will have the basics. You'll find a couple of dishwasher powder and a small bottle of dish detergent.

Bring your own salt and pepper ... it will not be stocked in your villa.

It will not be "stocked" with like you'd find in a house rental.

Enjoy your trip. SSR is unique is so many ways.

Bring napkins, paper plates etc. They only provided paper towels.

I sometimes just pack an extra towel or two. Or our own pool towels. This way we have extra for showers or pool.

Have a great time. Take advantage of proximity to Disney Springs, so much to do and see.

Bring napkins, paper plates etc. They only provided paper towels.

I sometimes just pack an extra towel or two. Or our own pool towels. This way we have extra for showers or pool.

Have a great time. Take advantage of proximity to Disney Springs, so much to do

Thanks! I'm glad you mentioned the paper plate/napkins. We plan on taking advantage of DS. We usually stay at BC and are used to going into Epcot evenings so now we'll actually enjoy DS. Everyone is finally 21 so it should be fun!

Check your reservation. It might say lockoff if you got the lockoff. But I don't think it says dedicated for a dedicated two bedroom. Anything you plan to consume, except for Joffrey's coffee, you'll need to bring. You will have a small pack with sugar and creamer for the coffee. The packet of coffee will make 4-6 cups. If you want more or you plan to bring your own brand of coffee, you'll also need filters (flat bottom, basket type Mr Coffee 10-12 cup style). They don't provide salt, pepper, sugar, etc. You'll get one small single use box of laundry detergent each service day. Since you are paying cash to Disney, you'll get a full cleaning every day. With a two bedroom that sleeps eight, you'll get eight bath towels, four hand towels and eight face cloths.

OP: This will tell you what is stocked in the kitchen. I don't think you need to bring paper plates if you are staying in a 2BR, unless you just don't want to bother running the dishwasher.

http://dvcnews.com/index.php/resorts-29831/saratoga-springs-66472/guest-room-inventory-72514

I would assume that you will be in a dedicated, but a lockoff may be possible.

Check your reservation. It might say lockoff if you got the lockoff. But I don't think it says dedicated for a dedicated two bedroom. Anything you plan to consume, except for Joffrey's coffee, you'll need to bring. You will have a small pack with sugar and creamer for the coffee. The packet of coffee will make 4-6 cups. If you want more or you plan to bring your own brand of coffee, you'll also need filters (flat bottom, basket type Mr Coffee 10-12 cup style). They don't provide salt, pepper, sugar, etc. You'll get one small single use box of laundry detergent each service day. Since you are paying cash to Disney, you'll get a full cleaning every day. With a two bedroom that sleeps eight, you'll get eight bath towels, four hand towels and eight face cloths.

Thank you for the replies! This makes it easier. We plan to stop at a store on our way from the airport so I'll have a list ready! We are getting excited to try this. I never do laundry but might this trip with it so handy and pack less (and boy would that be a good thing lol). I don't plan to cook but figure if the weather gets bad we have a fall back. Looking forward to the extra space since we are bringing DD's boyfriend this trip and our niece may join us one night to celebrate DS's 21st b'day.

Any suggestions on which area to request?

I never do laundry but might this trip with it so handy and pack less (and boy would that be a good thing lol).
It's a lot more convenient when they are "your" machines. In a shared facility, you have to stay there and move your clothes promptly so as not to hog a machine. In your villa, you can toss a load into the washer on your way to dinner, and not bother drying it until you get "home" hours later. For me, having the washer/dryer is a packing game-changer. I normally visit in late February/early March, when Orlando weather can be unpredictable. Having a W/D means I don't need to predict exactly how many pairs of pants vs. shorts I need...

Since you are paying cash to Disney, you'll get a full cleaning every day. With a two bedroom that sleeps eight, you'll get eight bath towels, four hand towels and eight face cloths.

Deb, we are also paying cash to Disney for our stay (we have rented points before and had no cleaning and limits on towels, etc.). I am wondering, if like when staying at a regular Disney resort, we can request extra towels and washcloths instead of having the strict limits on towels that you have as a renter or owner of a timeshare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter