First Timer typical mistakes

Rodrigo

Epcot Mexico
I remember some time ago someone posted a very funny list of the most common mistakes of people visiting the parks. But I cant find it anymore.

Please post your first timer big mistake!

- Arriving to the parks at 11am
- Asking at 5pm: What is a FP ? :confused:
- "My 5yo DD doesn't need a stroller!"

others?

Spectromagic starts at 8, so we should get a spot about 7:45.

We can break in a new pair of shoes, there won't be that much walking, and they do go with my shorts!

"We are going from open to close so we dont waste our money"

Look! The line to Indy Speedway doesnt look that long let's get in it!! LOL

"I think I'll wear my 6 inch spike heels to the park" How much walking could it be?

Riding the Teacups after Chef Mickey's (or any food consumption)

"Let's eat dinner at a restaurant at 6" or "let's have lunch at noon" and trying to do so without a PS - yeah right!

"But I don't need a hat." - especially if you are, shall we say, follically challenged.:earseek:

"I think I'll wear my 6 inch spike heels to the park" How much walking could it be?

I actually sae a woman wearing 4"(no exageration) sling backs on Main street. The really strange part is, she looked pretty comfortable while my blisters had blisters and I was wearing an old comfortable pair of worn-in sneakers.

I personaly never made furst timer mistakes because these forums educated me without painful personal experience.

"Let's meet up somewhere in front of the castle". I hear that one all of the time especially with people who I travel with. I always have to talk them out of that one.

Buying new sneakers the day before and thinking you will break them in in one day! OUCH!

Spending all day in one park (MGM), just for the show at night and not getting any rest or food. (Had hopper passes):rolleyes:

1. It's only one park (speaking of DL). We only need one day, right? (Yeah....riiiiiiight.) :rolleyes:

2. I'll just buy my water in the park.

3. I don't need any spending money. I'm not going to buy any souvenirs. :laughing:

4. We don't need a park map. We'll just look around.:confused:

5. We don't need to stay for the fireworks. We already saw some on the 4th of July at home. :earseek: :crazy:

I'll have to post later when I think of more!

:wave2:

Originally posted by LIFERBABE

We actually saw a lady dressed up in 6-inch heels walking from the AKL bus stop to WS. I thought to myself, "she's never going to make it throught the evening in those!" Sure enough, we saw her at our resort at the end of the evening barefooted, carrying her gorgeous spiked heels.

Let's not stay for Illuminations. Seen one fireworks show, ya seen them all.

(Fine with me. Leaves more available space for the rest of us! :jester: )

When we went to DL in April, we had 7:40 PS for Goofy's Kitchen (on a Saturday night). When we got there to check in, standby people were being told the wait was 90 minutes to 2 hours. There were a lot of disappointed looking kids and parents there.

I smiled smuggly as I walked back to my DH and told him how smart his wife was! :cool2: (Thanks to these boards, of course).::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter