First Timer typical mistakes

booking and overpaying for stuff thru Walt Disney Travel Company---"sure we arrive at 9pm , leave in the morning on our last day, but give us those wonderful UPH's!"

Looking back to our first trip -

Paying rack rate for hotel!

Not reading any guide books before going! (internet wasn't even available to miss out on!)

Going in August and not having a clue that it would rain every day!

Thinking one day was enough for MK!

Going out for a late night at Pleasure Island & really thinking you will get up early to go to the parks the next day!!! Yeah Right!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

Two of my favorites (from experience being a Miami resident and having had serious back surgery):

1. " We don't need a sweater at WDW in December - it never gets cold in Florida, right?"
Answer: Orlando temps drop down to 30's and 40's at night (esp. at Epcot, I don't know why) and while that might be spring to New Yorkers, the added humidity in Fla. makes evenings chilly sometimes for kids & older folks. I personally love it; it's the only time I can wear a sweater up there! LOL

2. Even though I had surgery on my (fill in the blank - back, knee, ankle, etc.) I won't need to rent a wheelchair or an ECV. If they can walk, I can walk!
Ans: Well... yeah, but not all day or fast enough after a few hours, esp. in the summer. Don't be proud & admit you have a problem, before you become one. If people think you're cheating because they see you walking sometimes, get a pass from Guest Services that alerts CMs that your problem is not obvious, but it's there. :wave:

Priority Seatings

I know that this one has been mentioned before, but I just couldn't help but to mention it again. This is sooo necessary at the busier times.

We were at Epcot this last NYE (wednesday, 12/31) . We had a lunch p/s for the Land, and a supper one for Le Cellier. When we were checking in at the Garden Grill we overheard another couple ask "when is the next open reservation ?" The castmembers answer "Next Tuesday" !! We actually saw people in the counter service area in the lower level using the top of the garbage can as a table.

We knew it would be the most crowded time of the year, and planned accordingly. We felt so sorry for those who had not. :sad2:

"I'll remember where we parked"

"Let's hop on over to Epcot (from MK) and ride Test Track"

"Getting on a WDW bus and thinking you can go from CR to BC in 15 minutes" (try 1 hour)

"You only need a room to sleep"

"Sure you can join us for our vacation"

My neighbors’ mistake. Not researching and planning what you want to do before you get there. When they returned home from DL, everytime I asked them, “Did you do/see___”, they just looked at me with a blank look.

I felt really bad for their littlest daughter who is my son’s age (3 1/2). She did not see or ride Pooh, only saw one princess, missed story telling at the castle. She did not see Playhouse Disney or do any character meals.

After a while, I just stopped mentioning the things that we did on our trip because I started to feel really bad for their kids.

:(

Originally posted by deedeew80
Going out for a late night at Pleasure Island & really thinking you will get up early to go to the parks the next day!!! Yeah Right!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I do this! Then again it is just me that I have to get moving in the morning. But I figure I can sleep when I am at home :)

Oh -- Aren't these pins kind of cute? I will just buy one.

:crazy:

Next day:
:hyper:
lanyard, lanyard, lanyard. Must have lanyard/

I can't help but mention this classic....

"what time is the 3:00 parade?"

Not getting a FP before spending time watching a parade or having a meal! This error cost you an hour each time!

My newbie mistake was for my one and only trip (so far) to DL....
Oh, we don't need to "see" Indiana Jones - we've seen that a WDW!!!! Found out later from my nieces that it wasn't a show - Could kick myself for that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter