First trip without kids!!! Suggestions?

My wife and I are going in February for 5 days for s runDisney event and the kids cannot come due to school. Will be the first time we are there together without the kids. Looking forward to it! It will be very different. I did one trip solo but I know that my wife can't/won't do things at the pace I set in that trip.

We are on our third trip without kids and we can't wait. It is so relaxing. I know my sons are married and we have traveled with them and their wives before they were married but we are looking forward to this trip in Jan without them. I don't know what it is going to be like in Aug. We are taking them to Disneyland to celebrate our 40th anniversary.

Our third trip without children or grandchildren is during Flower and Garden this year. We will be staying at YC this trip and it will be our first EPCOT resort stay. I'm looking forward to just walking to EPCOT or HS. We usually do a tour, dine in a nicer restaurant that kids don't always like, and ride only those rides we enjoy. Last time we decided to walk slowly thru each country in EPCOT and truly enjoy each part. It really was a lot of fun. We do make FP+ and dining reservations but often ignore them and park hop to follow our moods. It is so much more relaxing and so much more fun!

PS - The children and grandchildren have gotten used to the fact that we go without them;)

We went once without our kids. It was such a different experience! We missed our kids, naturally. And thought of them often while we were there, but we had a blast! As many others have said, a dining experience that the kids wouldn't go for was high on our list. We chose Spice Road Table in Epcot. It was great. Get a late res and take your time - you can watch Illuminations from there. Just enjoy going at your own pace and doing what YOU want instead of balancing the needs and wants of the kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter