Flights

MK12

Earning My Ears
We have a booking for WDW in September 17th to 1 October this year.

When is best to book flights for best cost? We typically book as a package deal via travel agents but took advantage of the 50th anniversary offer and booked direct with Disney.

I have an alert set up on skyscanner and the price has been relatively stable, but don't want to leave it too late (and also don't want to over pay).

I always book as soon as I get the dates fixed. In my experience, flights only get more expensive nearer the departure date. So it´s def. cheaper to book early. Having said that, I always go in peak season so I am not sure if that matters. Sep is low season so you might be able to get a better price if you wait a bit.

but don't want to leave it too late (and also don't want to over pay).
It's a bit of a gamble. Prices are already odd - I actually extended my October trip by a day because the return flight on my planned departure was twice the price of the days each side, so how they priced that I have no idea. (I'm using the saving on the fare to pay for the extra day - man maths :) )

I think the only likely drops are if there are still seats available very near to departure, when they might discount them to fill the plane. But there is also a good (probably higher) chance the flights will sell out. If you are solo and don't mind going a long route with changes to get there regardless that may not matter to you.

Booking airline tickets once you have finalized your travel plans is generally a good idea. You have no idea if there will ever be specials offered in the future and typically the non-stop and/or 'best' connecting flights go first. On a given flight, there are various price breaks. Once the lowest price seats sell out, the fare jumps to the next higher category.

People often seem to book flights that depart at 6 am and then closer to their travel date realize that means they have to get up and depart for the airport as some absurd time. I think the time to consider that is when you are first booking your tickets. Depending how many airlines service your departing airport, you may/may not have many choices of when you travel.

I am currently debating booking a flight for January. Only going 1 way as heading on to Belize after. If I were to get a return and use a low cost flight to get back to Orlando prior to hopping the channel on the return leg I would need to wait until Virgin releases June 23 flights probably around August 22 time. Play already have one way flights up for around £200pp. What to do, what to do?

It does doesn't it. No food or entertainment included (which almost made my husband veto it out of disappointment at not being able to watch films for 7hrs) but with a bag each.

Excellent price if including a bag. Just bring your own food (or buy onboard) and Ipad for movies and you are all set.

We are going in August and are flying into Tampa with BA. MCO prices for the summer are ridiculous with the direct routes.

I've looked at Play as well to keep in mind for future. You have to pay for everything like cabin bag, hold baggage, seat selection and food / drink, but definitely worth totting up to compare. The other low cost airline that were due to start this year are Norse Atlantic, but I'm not sure what Florida airport they are flying into.

According to news today Orlando cracked a list of the world's top 10 busiest airports by passengers for the first time last year . MCO was 7th busiest airport in the world in 2021, and from what I've seen this year it's getting busier.
Don't expect the airlines to pass up the opportunity to max profits on the back of that demand.
And then there's the oil price thing ...
Oh yes, quite agree. Just have to get a bit more creative as I can't afford, and actually refuse to pay the amounts they are wanting!

We have a booking for WDW in September 17th to 1 October this year.

When is best to book flights for best cost? We typically book as a package deal via travel agents but took advantage of the 50th anniversary offer and booked direct with Disney.

I have an alert set up on skyscanner and the price has been relatively stable, but don't want to leave it too late (and also don't want to over pay).
I would probably book asap as the price of flights are fairly stable just now, no guarantee that will continue though given the current climate.

We are going in August and are flying into Tampa with BA. MCO prices for the summer are ridiculous with the direct routes.

I've looked at Play as well to keep in mind for future. You have to pay for everything like cabin bag, hold baggage, seat selection and food / drink, but definitely worth totting up to compare. The other low cost airline that were due to start this year are Norse Atlantic, but I'm not sure what Florida airport they are flying into.

They try get you to pay for a cabin bag, but you do actually get to take a backpack sized bag on for free. (And a duty free bag. I'm pretty sure I have a duty free carrier bag in the bag bag for supermarket trips. No prizes for guessing what we take our packed lunch in).

I've just booked. It's a good point about flight prices going up in general.

Last edited:
Will be interested to hear your review once you are home. It's certainly an airline I would consider for future trips.

I've booked the flights today. They were relatively stable to be fair, but I've noticed prices creep up the last couple of weeks by a few quid.

Flight pricing seems to be a bit bizarre this year. We paid about 30% more for our flights in February this year than we’d have expected to pay pre COVID. After the prices started to creep up for flights this summer, we decided to take the plunge and book. They were £500pp two months ago and one month ago had already jumped to £600pp.

Will be interested to hear your review once you are home. It's certainly an airline I would consider for future trips.
Unfortunately I can't as I received an email today tell me that the flights are cancelled as the route is suspended. Great.

Back to the drawing board

Unfortunately I can't as I received an email today tell me that the flights are cancelled as the route is suspended. Great.

Oh no, thats pants! I wonder if they jumped the gun on licenses or landing slots or something

That´s a bummer. Hope you can find some other flights at a reasonable prices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter