Flights

I've just noticed Norse Atlantic are starting to book flights. They are only offering Oslo to MCO at the moment. From LGW you can fly New York from 22nd August

Well on skyskanner there's a 14.5 hr air transat flight which will be a few hundred pounds more for the family of four, changing in montreal or a direct virgin flight that's a grand more.

The air transat flight isn't showing on the airline's website, nothing on that route after June. It's just on flight websites like gotogate, which obviously worries me that the same thing could happen again.

Very disappointing.

The air transat flight isn't showing on the airline's website, nothing on that route after June. It's just on flight websites like gotogate, which obviously worries me that the same thing could happen again.
I just watched The Airport: Back in the Skies Ep 5 (BBC1, iPlayer now probably) and they covered some of Jet Blue's difficulties having grabbed temporary (Heathrow) slots during the lockdowns. Now the big boys are getting back in the game they are having to fight to keep them.
Other budget airlines may have similar problems which obviously means their long term schedules may be at risk.

I gave in and bought my flight. Just shy of £600 including one checked in bag.
Actually, £100 for one bag might make me reconsider an Owners locker. I don't go every year, otherwise it would be cheaper and a no brainer. Going twice every three years it would be more expensive, but not by much, than checking a bag every time. Is the convenience worth it?

For various reasons I had to buy a flight on Friday to fly out tomorrow for about a fortnight.
LGW MCO non stop less than £300. Hand luggage only but a decent allowance so not too bad.

£300 flights that is amazing! We're paying more in taxes for our reward flights this summer to Tampa than we did in 2018 for flights over Christmas to MCO.

Norse atlantic airways have just released their flights from LGW to MCO and FLL. They only go upto October at the moment ( not sure if they will be flying to Florida over the winter). Even adding baggage and seats prices seem very reasonable.
Hope that helps some summer travellers yet to book flights!

Norse atlantic airways have just released their flights from LGW to MCO and FLL. They only go upto October at the moment ( not sure if they will be flying to Florida over the winter). Even adding baggage and seats prices seem very reasonable.
Hope that helps some summer travellers yet to book flights!
Thanks for reporting this. I have already bought my ticket with BA and this would cost around the same. But it's good to have more options for the future :)

I gave in and bought my flight. Just shy of £600 including one checked in bag.
Actually, £100 for one bag might make me reconsider an Owners locker. I don't go every year, otherwise it would be cheaper and a no brainer. Going twice every three years it would be more expensive, but not by much, than checking a bag every time. Is the convenience worth it?
I've just seen this post.
We have an owners locker, not to keep clothes in ( as there's 3 of us) but to keep things in like a travel kettle, 4 gang US / UK extention plug, plates, cuttlery and glasses to use in the room, scissors, paracetamol some toiletries and probably more things than I've forgotten. I would love to be able to travel with just hand luggage, but it's completely beyond me. I'm envious of those ladies who board a plane with a handbag the size of a postage stamp - meanwhile I'm lugging along the kitchen sink :rotfl2:

No, Norse has only just started up, but I believe they are the old Norwegian airlines planes. I'm going to watch how the flights operate over the summer to get an idea of whether to use them in the future.

I think next year prices may come down because Norse air is now on the route and more competition can only be good news, they started too late for this year to have an impact, plus there may be a softening of demand next year.

The only real advice is to book at a price you are happy with, and then don't check them again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter