Floral Arranging help!

kandeebunny

DIS Veteran
I hope this is the right forum!

I need help locating a 12" high container or vase to make a floral arrangement for a flower show in! I am doing a traditional or oriental design and the only specifications are the container must be 12" tall and *not* black.

I also do not want to spend $40+ on a vase!

Thanks guys!

(mods if this is the wrong forum please move it!)

Thanks!

AC Moore, Mike's, Joann's...did you check there?

You could try Hobby Lobby, or pretty much any craft store (such as aforementioned Joanns or Michaels) that sell artificial flowers. Also, some larger garden centers sell containers (and supplies for silk arrangements - we have Porters here in Ocala).

I used to work at a florist, and I'm sure they'd be willing to sell you one of their generic 12" vases (or get you one from their supplier) at a reasonable price.

The issue I keep running in to is it cannot be clear or black. I found a Pasta container in the shape of a vase today that may work and look really different! AC Moore, Michaels and Joanns had nothing that met the qualifications!

Thanks everyone! I am going to call a few florists tomorrow!

Oh, not black or clear...hmmmmm

We have a wholesale floral place that is open to the public. They have some ceramic things there. Can you use metal?

What about a place like Stein Mart, T H Maxx, Kohl's? Not sure what is in your area...

Can you paint your container? They sell pretty cool spray paints that make clear glass look like stained glass. Or even a black container look like stone or something.

I found one at Ross' today, I was going to try on a swimsuit and it was staring at me!!!

Thanks everyone!

Glad you found one - post a picture & let us know how the competition comes out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter