Florida Amendment 2

Look at all the wonderful, supportive people who have posted on this thread. :thumbsup2 Have to look at the glass as half full instead of thinking about the narrow-minded bigots who lurk.

Oh, and spellcheck is a wonderful thing. ;)

Gonna have to ask that folks remain civil to one another, whether we agree with others or not.

I'm gonna have to find that Ignore feature. The banjo music is getting a little loud!

Gonna have to ask that folks remain civil to one another, whether we agree with others or not.

Hehe, I heard Rick has a special liscence....

untitled-2.jpg

And I love how gay people love to quote the bible and only use the part they like and no I don't believe in divorce or birth control as well as abortion is out right murder and for one more thing is if you read the bible it clearly states no man shall lay with another man and no woman shall lay with another woman for it is an abomination agianst the Lord and one last thing is why do think that GOD destoryed sodom and gamora.

So.. 'partial Bible belief' is not acceptable ... it's worth noting that...

The Bible prohibits the eating of shrimp, clams & lobster...

Leviticus 11:9-12
These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Deuteronomy 14:9-10
These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat: whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

The eating of pigs is prohibited (as are rabbits incidentally..

Leviticus 11:4-8

4 " 'There are some that only chew the cud or only have a split hoof, but you must not eat them. The camel, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is ceremonially unclean for you. 5 The coney, [a] though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you. 6 The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you. 7 And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8 You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

And slavery is OK...

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

Sexual slavery is OK...

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

If they won't be your slaves willingly, you can murder them...

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

And don't even get me started on the eye for an eye, the public stonings, the ritual human sacrifices, the approval of wife-beating etc...

Obviously I can go on.. The Bible says LOTS of things... EVERYONE picks and chooses from it to form their own relationship with God.

Or is it safe to presume that all Christians avoid shellfish, pork and approve of slavery and murder and all the other bad things that the Bible seems to condone?

In this day and age, to blindly accept every word in it as printed is folly.

Knox

So.. 'partial Bible belief' is not acceptable ... it's worth noting that...

The Bible prohibits the eating of shrimp, clams & lobster...

The eating of pigs is prohibited (as are rabbits incidentally..

And slavery is OK...

Sexual slavery is OK...

If they won't be your slaves willingly, you can murder them...

And don't even get me started on the eye for an eye, the public stonings, the ritual human sacrifices, the approval of wife-beating etc...

Obviously I can go on.. The Bible says LOTS of things... EVERYONE picks and chooses from it to form their own relationship with God.

Or is it safe to presume that all Christians avoid shellfish, pork and approve of slavery and murder and all the other bad things that the Bible seems to condone?

In this day and age, to blindly accept every word in it as printed is folly.

Knox

Not to mention that Leviticus mentions that wearing garments woven from two different fibers is an abomination. My, my, my, all those poly-cotton blends out there. We're ALL going to hell for those!
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl:

Not to mention that Leviticus mentions that wearing garments woven from two different fibers is an abomination. My, my, my, all those poly-cotton blends out there. We're ALL going to hell for those!

About about Poly-acrylic .. that's really two plastics.. I should be ok there right? :)

Knox

I shall start praying for the metrosexuals of the world.

Dont forget all the Disney employees!

Talk about a cotton/poly/ethyl/plastic blend!:lmao:

Leviticus 11: 7-8
7 And the pig, though it has a split hoof completely divided, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. 8 You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you.

I hope people realize this also means that playing football is a mortal sin. Looks like the whole NFL is going to hell...

I hope people realize this also means that playing football is a mortal sin. Looks like the whole NFL is going to hell...

If you have to believe in order to get into Heaven, shouldn't you also have to believe in Hell to get into Hell? ;)

I voted against amendment 1, although it didn't do any good.

I will do my best against this one...don't get me started on how this makes those of us with children feel. Our families have absolutely no protection in this state. :sad2:

sorry to hear the government is being unreasonable

best wishes

Wow...just wow...some people. Makes me ashamed of being a Christian...oh wait, I don't have to be ashamed because they're the ones who apparently didn't understand Christ's teachings of acceptance of EVERYONE (and yes, God did create Steve too no matter how the informed like to banter "cute" little sayings).

I am a doctor of psychology and I wholeheartedly support the adoption of children by gay/lebians and parenthood by EVERYONE who wants to be a parent. There is no inherent harm in a child being raised by same-sex parents...the important thing is that it is a loving home, and it's ridiculous that FL already stops loving individuals and couples in the gay community from sharing that with children in need.

AMEN!

At least gay people can CHOOSE to have children. It pisses me off beyond belief to see some of the american trash who are allowed to keep having children.

All these arguments against gay rights are the SAME ones I heard in WI last year. Last time I checked, this nation is not supposed to be governed based on religious beliefs. Neither side should be quoting scripture because the Bible can be so easily twisted to your own side. IMO the New Testament is the only one that matters, but that's a debate for another thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter