Florida Resident Discover Disney Passes in 2022? Park Reservation Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

maloned

DVC Member 2006
The last several years, Disney has offered Florida Residents a discounted 3 or 4 day pass from January to May, called the Discover Disney Pass. We visit once a year using this promotion, which make the visit much more economical for our family. The tricky part is that these tickets usually don't get announced and sold until the first week of January. Well, we are book at Disney's Polynesian Villas over the long MLK holiday weekend in January. In the past, it delayed us in getting our Fastpasses, until the tickets were placed on sale. But now, the concern is in getting Park Reservations. We are concerned that Park Reservations might not be available 2 weeks before we arrive. So we are wondering if we should bite the bullet and get the existing 4-days passes, which are $294 per person, so we can secure park reservations, or should we gamble, wait to see if Disney even offers the Discover passes, considering the current ticket price hikes and 50th anniversary. The Discover Disney 4-day passes was $199 per person. They go up in price slightly every year, but the possibility of saving nearly a $100 per person, for a 4 person family, is enough of a big deal to make us indecisive. Any and all advice would be appreciated. Thank you all for your help, today, in the past and in the future (sorry for being so long winded).

I don't think Park Reservations will be an issue in January.... even for MLK weekend. It will be busy, but not Thanksgiving or Christmas busy.
That said MLK weekend was a block out date for those Discover Passes.... might as well get the regular Florida Resident tickets (1/3/4 Pass).

Following..... however, I fear the most predictable response, because of all the money driven changes, is that it won’t be offered this year.

I remember last year they were announced on Jan 1 and went on sale Jan 4. I'm following as well.

I went on a Live Chat with a cast member to ask. Hoping they might be able to tell me something. I know that they can't say certain things. They said to just watch the reservation calendar and if some dates start turning yellow on the days before our trip, to book. Part of me wants to wait and get the discount. The other part of me thinks MLK weekend will probably be blacked out, if it ends up being offered, so I should just go ahead and buy what's being offered now.

I think reservations will be available, however I wouldn't be surprised if the promotion is no longer offered

Lol this isn’t a promotion! It’s a POS like all the other Disney changes. Monday through Friday! What a joke... better off getting the pixie pass.

I have Fla res tickets that I purchased last year, November to be exact. It was $64/day for the four day, one park per day.
so why is this Current resident deal better?
I canceled the trip I was using these for ( actually it started this Sunday thru sat)
Just changed those Tix till 9/22, kind of a random date avoiding holidays. The Tix said good for use any 4 of the seven days and that included the weekend for my dates. Not sure I’ll even use them in Sept honestly. But wanted to have them secured with dates rather than simply expired. There was no exclusion stating they couldn’t be changed more than once.
if the Tix are still “ date based” then Fla residents still get like 40 percent off, ( a Very Good deal imho) since not renewing AP’s.
so.. Disney is now giving the discount but took away the weekends.. is that the latest change??

Thx for posting. Ohhhh.. this is the BLOCKS OUT ALL WEEKENDS😉. The other Fla resident I got for $64 has NO exclusions.

The Florida Resident Discover Disney Passes for 2022 have not yet been announced as of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021. In the months leading up to the respective year, Disney usually announces ticket options and promotional offers. In order to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information about Florida Resident Discover Disney Passes in 2022, it is recommended that you visit the official Walt Disney World website or contact their customer service.

During Disney's phased reopening during the COVID-19 pandemic, the park reservation system was implemented as part of the park reservation system. Despite the fact that the system's requirements may change, here are some general tips for making reservations:

On the official Walt Disney World website, you can check the availability of park reservations before buying or using your tickets. There may be limited availability on certain dates or in certain parks.

As park reservations may be in high demand, it's advisable to make your reservations as early as possible, especially for popular dates.

Create a Disney account and link your tickets: Make sure you link your tickets to your Disney account on the official website or the My Disney Experience app. Reservations can then be made for parks.

Understand the specific requirements and processes for making park reservations, as they may vary depending on the ticket type, date, and other factors.

Consider adjusting your plans or selecting an alternative option if your preferred park or date is not available. Park reservation availability can change, so periodically check for any updates.

There may be outdated information provided, so for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding park reservations and Florida Resident Discover Disney Passes for 2022, please refer to the official Walt Disney World website or contact their customer service directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter