• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Florida resident part time

jmj32

Earning My Ears
Good Morning…I own a condo in Florida but it is currently rented out. I am a resident of CT. I was told that I could purchase resident tickets as long as I had a copy of most recent mortgage statement. i would purchase tickets online and then bring documentation to park window. Hoping I understood that correctly.
my mom is a legal dependent of mine As she lives with me and has dementia. I was told she could not get Florida resident ticket since her name is not on the mortgage. But, I feel that I was misinformed. I would think that if I show that she lives with me in Ct and can show documentation that she is my dependent, I could purchase discounted resident tickets for her also.
I feel that the Disney website explanation is very generic and unclear for my situation.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good Morning…I own a condo in Florida but it is currently rented out. I am a resident of CT. I was told that I could purchase resident tickets as long as I had a copy of most recent mortgage statement. i would purchase tickets online and then bring documentation to park window. Hoping I understood that correctly.
my mom is a legal dependent of mine As she lives with me and has dementia. I was told she could not get Florida resident ticket since her name is not on the mortgage. But, I feel that I was misinformed. I would think that if I show that she lives with me in Ct and can show documentation that she is my dependent, I could purchase discounted resident tickets for her also.
I feel that the Disney website explanation is very generic and unclear for my situation.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/proof-florida-address/

We have to show proof of residency for my dependent child (18, still in high school). So unfortunately anyone over 18 needs to show proof of same FL address. He uses his bank statement.

I believe you are out of luck regarding your mother. I had a similar situation with my barely adult son. I interpreted it the way you did. The ticket selling CM didn’t. I did not get the AP pass for him.

BTW, I feel that Disney is actually pretty generous with even having seasonal resident qualifications. I wouldn't push it too far.

Confirming that every adult needs a proof of residency. In our case, we used the water bill which was in my name and the cable TV bill which was in my wife's name. We had to go to a ticket window with our documents every year to renew our resident annual passes.

I was told on the phone yesterday one person needed to verify proof of residency and then other household members just needed something like a piece of mail to the same Florida address as the verified individual’s.

This quote is what made me call: “Additional members of the same household must only provide proof of same residential address”.

I have similar situation. I take my legal documentation and he also has a bank account with the FL address and have not had an issue in 7 years getting his FL AP.

I've never heard of needing to show proof of residency across multiple years. I just go online and select the renew option

I've never heard of needing to show proof of residency across multiple years. I just go online and select the renew option
When you first got yours you likely showed them your ID to get it and that was your proof.

For as long as I can remember you needed proof to get it. Last few years you could give proof online if you have a FL ID. If you do not you have FL ID, you have to go in person with proof from a list they provide online. Someone posted the link above.

When I renewed last year I wanted to change my AP (drop Water Parks) and I had to do in person and once again provide proof. CM told me that anytime you do in person you need proof.

Disney has to request proof because if they didn't abuse would be rampant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter