Flying in the night before a cruise

gsmith0113

Mouseketeer
hi all, we are flying in the night before our cruise and are looking into different options on where to stay and how to get back and forth to MCO before and after the cruise.
I have looked at goportcanaveral and it seems reasonable, any experiences with their shuttles?
one of our kids will need a car seat if we rented a car, so we would like to avoid that if possible...
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

We used goportcanaveral in May. We stayed at the Fairfield north of MCO. We were the only ones there and they gave us a town car instead of the shared van. On the way back they were super easy to find, they have a podium set up on the sidewalk right as you exit the terminal area. It was a coach bus on the way back to the airport. Would use them again for sure.

We used them last November. It was cheaper than the Disney shuttle. We had coach buses to and from airport. No problem getting their but had to wait over an hour on disembarkation day. Luckily we had later flights so we didn't miss them but some on the same shuttle did.

We used them last November. It was cheaper than the Disney shuttle. We had coach buses to and from airport. No problem getting their but had to wait over an hour on disembarkation day. Luckily we had later flights so we didn't miss them but some on the same shuttle did.
What time was your flight?
Just curious. Our flight is about 1 PM

Around 4. I think the bus picked us up close to 11. The young man we checked in with kept calling to ask where our bus was.

We used them last Jan and have already booked with them for our next cruise in March. We had a late return flight, 2:00. We were off the ship around 8 or 8:30 last time. We didn't have to wait for the bus, it was pretty full when we got on it. We did have a long wait at the airport, but the security lines were long, so I was glad we had plenty of time to get through. We stayed at the Marriot's Courtyard at Lake Nona. It was really nice, but not near any tourist areas. It had a nice pool and a good breakfast. We're staying there again in March. Last time we used Go Port they used the transportation company called Stylus(or something like that) I received an email that they now have their own transportation company. I don't know if it will make any difference. I was happy with the service each provided.

We used a car service, I can't remember which one right now, but they were substantially cheaper that Disney and we ha private transportation in a Town Car.

But in your case, I would get one of the hotels in the area that offers free shuttles to/from the airport and cruise terminals, usually located between the two.

I do a one way car rental. A few car rental companies change huge fees for one ways but Enterprise doesn't.

Be sure the drop off location is 710 MULLET RD CAPE CANAVERAL FL US 329204562. There is a free shuttle and it is really close to the ship.

I do a one way car rental. A few car rental companies change huge fees for one ways but Enterprise doesn't.

Be sure the drop off location is 710 MULLET RD CAPE CANAVERAL FL US 329204562. There is a free shuttle and it is really close to the ship.

How is the pick up at MCO for Enterprise work? Can you go right to the garage like Alamo? They seem to have the cheapest rate right now for the one way rental.

Thanks!

Be sure to search for coupons. You never know. I booked through my office's travel app and saved a lot. Bjs travel sometimes has good rates. I am not sure if you have to be a member or not.

Last year we used GoPortCanaveral to get to the coast and onto the cruise.

We only needed a one way trip and they discounted the pricing, taking that into consideration. Our experience ...

• We followed their instructions and called them when we had retrieved our luggage. They let us know where to meet the van.
  • We then waited about an hour :crazy2: wasn't happy about that. Then we went to the other side of the terminal to pick up additional passengers - more waiting
  • There were way too many of them to fit into our van but there was another one right behind us (so something happened to our van between the time we called and were picked up).
  • Drove to the coast and we were probably the second stop
  • Our hotel, while not the nicest, served our purposes nicely and wasn't icky (would be a place to spend several days at the beach in Cocoa Beach for a pre / post cruise holiday). Had two bedrooms, living room and kitchen! "On" the beach. the Hotel was Wakulla Suites.
  • The next day we were picked up by another company and taken to the port. There was supposed to be multiple stops, but at our first stop there was a HUGE Line. Loaded up everyone that could fit then off to the port. There were 2 other ships in port that day besides the Fantasy.

In typing this, I think that I made it sound not that great. But in reality, I would do it again if we decided that we didn't need a car. If I remember correctly, the pricing was pretty good as well.

I know they are in the garage..... but can you go RIGHT to the garage or do you have to stop at the desk inside the terminal first?

Alamo, I just walk to the garage, as I have already entered all my info online.

I haven't rented from them in 2yrs. Last yr Alamo,which drops off at the same address was cheaper so I used them. This year it is enterprise in November.

Since we are DVC members, we normally stay at WDW the night before and then have the the cruise bus pick us up at our resort and take us to the port. Of course we only do this when we are departing from Port Canaveral.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter