• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Foldable Wagon as luggage cart?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Does anyone use a foldable wagon to get stuff from the car to the room? We are local now and only stay DVC for a few nights at a time. I have been noticing more foldable wagons and think it seems like a great idea. Since we only stay for a few days, we never have more than one suitcase but its all the small things that make carrying impossible like water, Powerade, snacks, extra shoes, etc. They look like they would fold up easily into the closet in the DVC studios and if Disney allows personal luggage carts, Im assuming they allow foldable wagons but wanted to get some insight from the boards.

They definitely allow them at the resorts. I think most people grab some large Disney shopping bags for stuff like that, but there shouldn't be a problem if you already have the wagon.

Does anyone use a foldable wagon to get stuff from the car to the room? We are local now and only stay DVC for a few nights at a time. I have been noticing more foldable wagons and think it seems like a great idea. Since we only stay for a few days, we never have more than one suitcase but its all the small things that make carrying impossible like water, Powerade, snacks, extra shoes, etc. They look like they would fold up easily into the closet in the DVC studios and if Disney allows personal luggage carts, Im assuming they allow foldable wagons but wanted to get some insight from the boards.
Yes - we use my little pink foldable wagon every time and everywhere we go to haul stuff to our room - especially Disney

We use a small folding two wheel cart. We put it in our luggage when we fly in too. It's great for getting cases of libations from the main building ordered through GG to the rooms way out there in moderate resorts.

I can't speak to a foldable wagon as it relates to DVC, but I can say foldable wagons are AWESOME! We purchased one when DS went to college in a different state. Ours folds up easily, and it is a godsend when schlepping stuff from car to dorm room. As a new DVC member, if I were local (we're not...we fly in from the midwest) I would most definitely throw our foldable wagon in and use it on every trip. DS now has a car and drove himself back to school after the holiday break, and when he was loading the car, the first thing he put in the car was the wagon. Even the 21 year old knows how awesome it is!

If you decide to take the plunge and purchase one, we bought ours on Amazon. There are tons of options out there, and I'm sure there are lots of places to purchase. They are pricier than we expected, but definitely worth every penny. DS #2 is headed to college in the fall as a freshman, and depending on when moving days are for both boys, we might have to buy another one.

We used one last year. We had driven from home, and stayed at Pop. Wagon was so helpful to bring in the cases of water, snacks, cosmetic bag, etc. Suitcases roll so we could just wheel those along but it's the other stuff. Makes it so much easier! Plus sometimes the baggage cart area is far from the room so this eliminated having to schlep one of those over. (PS we also used it for college for our boys!)

Thanks for all the helpful replies and advice! I am sold and have purchased my first folding wagon. I cant wait to try it out at Disney next month :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter