Food Coupons thru Connections

heidihiden

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone. I have been reading about the food coupons offered through Connections. Members seem to think they are a good thing. I am trying to figure out when they are a good value. 29.00 dollars for lunch per person is a lot of money. And counter service vouchers for 10.50 seems to be a lot. we travel down every year and I don't seem to spend that much money on lunch. We love to eat at Japan but the chicken and beef combo is only 12.95. So I need help on figuring out if these are a good deal. What they include, and what restauraunts you would save money in by using them. Help!!!:smooth:

Mary - once again, thank you!

I have a question about using a lunch voucher for the Garden Grill in Epcot. It has one * on mousesavers. If they only have a one price lunch, ($17), that is not a good deal for the connections coupon, right? That is the only menu option I have seen. Is there any other? :confused: I've never eaten there, but we are planning on lunch this time.

:) gillian

Gillian, you're absolutely right. I goofed on that one! I'm going to fix it on the site right now.

Mary

I just wanted to say, that I am going to buy some of the vouchers.. they aren't a good deal all the time.... you have to take a look at the menu's to figure it out... But, I plan on doing a couple of sit down lunches at the last PS time of the afternoon, which is 4:30 I think.. First stop on my list, the Concourse Steakhouse!!! We could never afford it otherwise!!! There are some good deals for the counter service as well.. you just have to take a look at where you want to eat & what it will cost.. don't forget to add tax & tip as well, because that's included in the coupon...

I have a question about the Connection coupons that I hope someone can answer. Can 2 adults split a meal -- if it isn't a buffet? or even 1 adult 1 child share ? I would never eat that much food by myself but if I could share with my 20 yo dd or 6yo son we could probably make 1 coupon between us worthwhile.

I haven't gotten my Connection package in the mail yet and are going to Disney in 6 days!! I wanted to call them to get some coupons ASAP! Anyone have a phone number?

We just got back from WDW. We ordered a few of the lunch coupons, the $10.50 ones and 2 of the $29.50 coupons. We used one of the $10.50 coupons at MK's Harbour House. We ordered a combo fish and chicken platter, beverage, and apple pie. All we saved was $.50. My hubby and I both agreed that we would not have had the apple pie if it wasn't for the coupon so we really did not save anything. We did use a $10.50 one at Beaches and Cream and was well worth it. We ordered the Prime Rib sandwich with french fries, a chocolate malted as our beverage and a banana split for desert. This was definitely worth the price since it would have cost us about $25.00 otherwise. Also tip and gratuity are included. We were able to share this and it was plenty. We did not use any of the $29.50 coupons. We were going to use them at the Concourse Steakhouse but you would have to use them by 2pm and we just did not feel like a big lunch.

KPatches, When you ate at Beaches & Cream, were you seated at the tables or were you standing at the counter? We were thinking about doing the Concourse Steakhouse or LeCellier... We do big lunches sometimes so could do Concourse at 2:00 one day... Otherwise LeCellier late in the day (4:00 is the last seating?) Anyways, thanks for any more info on Beaches!!!

We were seated at the counter at Beaches and Cream but we also would have been able to sit at a table so we were told. They were very busy at the time and we didn't want to wait for a table. Also in order for the $29.50 coupons to work make sure to check out what the cost of the lunch items on the menu are and if it would make it worth while to use the coupon. It seems that there are more places to utilize the $29.50 coupons at Epcot and MGM. I noticed that some of the entrees would wind up costing less than what the coupon is worth. We had been to Epcot for dinner on the fourth for the Blast package and didn't want to use our hopper to go back just for a lunch.

Kpatches, did you have any problems using the coupons? Do all the CMs know about the connections program and do they encourage you to order the most expensive meals? TIA

We only used the coupons twice. Once at Harbour House in MK and the other at Beaches and Cream. The CM's seemed to know just what the coupons were. The CM at Beaches and Cream was the one who told us that for a beverage we were able to order a shake or malt plus any dessert that we wanted.

about these........I got upset with connections because mine have not gotten here in time and I am leaving on Friday. Well the rep told me that I could get them elsewhere, and send them the receipt for the difference. I questioned where else I could buy them, she apologized and said I couldn't buy them, that they only came with packages. So I have a feeling that these are what come with the packages that include breakfasts.

Thanks KPatches!! Looks like I'll be getting a good number of light lunch coupons for Beaches & the Pepper Market at CSR where we are staying in September!!! What I've done, is to go over to www.wdwig.com to look at all the menu's... I've picked out where we would like to eat & then decided if it's worth it... the 29.50 lunch isn't worth it in a lot of cases, but in some cases, it's a steal!!!

Glad you had a good time & had no problem!!!

We are going to be in Disney on Sunday and just got part of my order from Connections (child breakfast coupons) that I placed 2 days ago. I am assuming the rest of my coupons are on there way!! I like all the information about Beaches and Cream as far as the lunch coupons go and the great value you can get for only $10.50 (regarding kpatches comments). I did,however, do some of my own figuring and discovered that the Character Breakfasts (usually $16.95 for adult, $8.95 for child) with tax and tip would save us a mear $4.00-based on our tip of 15%. Does anyone tip in addition to these coupons (with tips already included)? That would really give us NO savings. I would love to hear about other great places to save big.

Disney*All-Stars* We are definitely not tipping in addition to the coupon... Thats one reason why we are getting these coupons!! Otherwise you are right, breakfasts are not a good deal!!! One thing of interest, I called connections & they are all out of the Light Lunch 10.50 coupons!!! I'm bummed because I was going to order 10 of them... I hope they get them back in stock soon!!!

It really depends on how much tip is added. In my rest. we add tip of 15% on larger parties. We are in an area (Philly) that normally tips 18%-20% , so a lot of people add $$ to the table making it better for us, and it's much appreciated. I've noticed that when we travel in the south, people tend to tip less, so it may not be as needed. If you are using a cert. for some people but not all, you should tip on your part of the bill. I'm planning on sharing a meal with my DS with a lunch cert. so I'll leave extra on the table since the check should of been for 2. Hope this helps.

Disney All Stars adds a standard grat. to everything - I don't think you need to/ or would be expected to tip anything more there - I was speaking more of a full service rest. - If the breakfast is buffet - I don't think you should have to tip more. I've never done the character breakfast and just realized it was a buffet. I would only consider tipping more at a full service establishment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter