Food Coupons thru Connections

They are currently also out of the Adult Character Breakfast coupons. Waah! I really wanted to get this stuff ordered and taken care of. I know it's not that much of a savings, but our character breakfast is on our last morning there and it would be nice to have that prepaid so we don't have to budget for it. (a character meal is a real splurge for our budget! ;) )

Just wanted to give an update, Connections has the $10.50 certificates back in stock, just ordered 14 of them!!!

just stumbled across this thread.
I would be interested in the 10.50 coupons, what a great deal at Beaches n'cream!!! you can use them there for dinner also?
Is there a certain number of vouchers you have to buy, or a minimum??

that seems to be the only real bargain, unless you plan on huge lunches.

thanks!

Laura :)

There have been a lot of unfavorable posts about the lunch vouchers on the thread "Connections Stock" A lot of people, myself included, have ordered lunch vouchers and not received them and are getting a big runaround from the Connections customer service reps. Just thought you might be interested.

We received our 10.50 vouchers the morning that we left. So far we have used then at Beaches and Cream, where we used 2 and the waiter asked if we were splitting the milk shakes and meals (2 adults/2 children) and I told him yes, and so he had everything split for us. There was more food than we could all comfortably eat, and although we had planned on getting one of the big desserts (banana split etc.) we were just to full so settled on smaller desserts and still had trouble finishing those (the kids were more interested in getting back to the pool than gorging themselves. In total, our bill would have been close to $50.00 with tax and tip, so we saved a lot using only 2 vouchers (21.00). When the meal was complete, the waiter said your finsish, you don't have to do anything. There was no check etc. Please note tip is included on the 10.50 vouchers as well! We used one Voucher at Wilderness Lodge and I think I saved 2.50 not really worth the hassel, and we had to get the ice cream dessert at the time we got the rest of the meal, which forced us to have dessert first as it would melt. We will try CSR tomorrow. We split meals at the Brown Derby and LeCeller and didn't have a problem. I ordered a bowl of the cheddar soup at LeCeller in addition and the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby because they had both gotten great reviews. Remind your spouse that tip is included!!! My husband tipped at LeCeller. I stayed around long enough to make sure the bill was right and then took the kids out and as we reviewed our savings, discovered he had tipped extra. We have found we are choosing the most expensive items on the menu (you have to like steak) and are probably eating more than we normally would. It is fun getting to pick the most expensive rather than least expensive, but I'm not sure we need to eat all that much.

Thanks for the info Realpatt... How did you go about splitting meals at the sit down restaurants? Was that between an adult/child... we are 2 adults, 2 children... My children barely eat, so splitting a meal might be an option.... Let me know how the Pepper Market goes, we're staying at CSR over labor day weekend!! We'll be eating there a LOT!!!

At the Brown Derby and LeCellars, we just passed the plate, didn't actually get separate /split plates. We shared the appetizer, and at each I had ordered something (soup at Le Cellar, Cobb Salad at Derby), so once my husband finished his half, he just passed over the plate. There is no way we could both eat an appetizer, entree and dessert. Not to mention the great bread at Brown Derby. I also forgot to mention that at Brown Derby we ordered the steak and the waitress asked if we'd like 4 grilled shrimp with that, and I said sure! It was all included with our voucher. We ordered the kids meals off the kids menu which was actually a pretty good deal at both places because it included drink and was about $5.00 a piece, which is what it costs us anywhere with a drink. Kids desserts were the same price as an ice cream from a vender, but they chose to wait for the ice cream bar rather than order in the restaurant. Pepper Street Market was pretty good, nice array of choices. I also checked out the snack bar at the pool, and you could get some savings there as well, but not as big. You can definitely save some money. We also tried the food court at CBC, saved about 5.00 a meal (got beef ribs), but wouldn't go back there again (too loud, noisy, hectic) I don't now if the vouchers would work for a full size pizza there (which would feed more than one person (price starting at 16.00) but if it does that would be a good deal. We had planned on returning to Beaches and Cream but there was a thunderstorm tonight and we thought they might be crowded and since we couldn't swim too we decided to skip it and try CBC. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks Realpatt, love reading your report. Can't wait til we are there!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter