vamassey1

DIS Veteran
Welcome one and all to our Fall 2020 trip report!

If you have followed one of our trip reports in the past I :welcome: you back and :thanks: for sticking with us! If you're new I want to extend and warm :welcome:and hope you enjoy the ride.

This trip happened in the fall of 2020 so I'm going to ask you to go back in time and remember those scary and uncertain times, but I promise lots of fun. This was back when we all wore masks everywhere and only went without while eating and when in our rooms. The was back when the parks closed early and finding food options was hard. It was also before the parks got really crowded but we also saw lines snaking all over the park due to the distance requirements.

Where to start?

I guess we should start with the Who, What, When, Where and Why.

I'm going to go a little out of order and restate the obvious. The What. It's a trip to Disney of course. This was our first Girl's Trip to Disney and something we were lucky enough to repeat in 2021 and hope to repeat again in the future. It was mine and Danielle's first trip since the parks reopened, but Michelle's 2nd trip since she snuck in a last minute trip over Labor Day weekend with Jimmy and the kids. It was a very short trip of just 3 nights, but we packed in as much as we could. I'm hoping this report doesn't take us as long as the last report did, but since it's much shorter it really shouldn't (I hope).

Who

First up is me, Vanessa aka Mary Sanderson. I'm the Mom and main trip planner. I'm very happy to say that I have raised my girls right, to love Disney. I didn't have as much luck with my oldest and only son, Brent. The girls have followed in my footsteps and have inherited the talent for turning any conversation to one about Disney. My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom. I don't have a favorite character but my favorite thrill ride is Tower of Terror.

1652490020888.png

Next up is my oldest daughter but actually my second child Michelle aka Winifred Sanderson. She was married and at the time of this trip had 2 children but now has 3 and is still married. She is my ultimate planning partner. I'm hoping she will help with writing this report like she has done in the past. Her writing style is so fun and she has no issues with laughing at herself. She identifies with Belle and inspires me to "dress-up" and relax more. She's going to have to chime in on her favorite park.

1652490502297.png

And last but not least is the baby of the family, Danielle aka Sarah Sanderson. She loves Disney and has been going since she was 3. She is the reason we took this trip in the first place. She also enjoys dressing up and between her and Michelle I have had to up my game. When we took this trip Magic Kingdom was her favorite park but she has since changed her mind. Her favorite character and rides is ever evolving too. She was in her Senior year at LSU when we took this trip. She has since graduated and has just accepted a permanent position in Disney World.

1652490889023.png

I think I may need to post some recent pictures of us since so many of our pictures are going to with our masks on. If you're just meeting us you may not know who we really are. This was picture was taken October 2021, the last time we were all together.
1652491195421.png

Which brings me to the ones we left behind. Dennis my DH and the girl's Dad did not make the trip. Jimmy, Michelle's DH was also left behind with Gia and John Paul. Jimmy was actually working out of state at the time so it made it easier to leave him behind. Michelle's wonderful mother in law kept John Paul while Gia was with her Mom. If you read our last 2 reports you will be very familiar with John Paul .

When

Our trip started early Thursday morning October 8th and ended on Sunday, October 11th.

Why

That's right I'm skipping the where for now. The Why is such an important part of the story. I think most people had a rough time with 2020. We all lived with uncertainty and we all needed something to look forward to. Danielle was living her dream when the world shut down in March of 2020. She had just started with the Disney College Program in January. She was having the time of her life making new friends, working at Cinderella's Royal Table and enjoying the parks. When the kids were sent home in March and told the program was closed indefinitely she was crushed. She had taken that semester off from school and would not be going back to school until the fall. She came home to isolation and at first no job and nothing to keep herself occupied with. She couldn't see her friends at first either. I decided she needed a pick me up and so did I. In May of 2020 Disney was still taking reservation and was even selling Halloween party tickets. She had a small Fall break at school so I booked a short 3 night trip for just the 2 of us at Movies and purchased party tickets. We were going to do the party and try to fit some park time around it. I also booked our flights in May. Fast forward a bit and the party was cancelled in June so we were refunded the tickets. No big deal we just added more park time. Michelle joined the party in July and CRT opened up, so of course we had to book that. Danielle was really looking forward to seeing her old work buddies. Our flights went through some changes too. We originally had direct flights with Southwest from New Orleans to Orlando. We ended up leaving later and having to change planes in Atlanta on the way down, which got us to Orlando later. Our departure flight was changed to a later time which made up for it by giving us more park time. Michelle ended up sticking with an early return flight than Danielle and I.

Now this will bring us to the Where.

Our original reservation was for Movies. When Disney started opening up the resorts and parks it was announced that not all resorts would be opening. When it was announced the Movies would not be open in October we were offered either Pop or The Little Mermaid section at AOA. This was done in July. We have never stayed at AOA so I picked it and we were all excited. A few weeks later it was announced that AOA would not open in time so we were offered another move. Since this was our second move we were upgraded to Kidani and given a $100 gift card!!! It was only standard view but it was Kidani. We were over the moon and tried to get Dennis to join us, but he declined. Our girls trip was looking better and better.

That should cover most of the trip starter info. Up next will be travel day.

Last edited:
Woohoo 🎉
Am I first here? Never been first at anything before unless you count year 8 music test ( which I’d probably fail now some 46 years later 🤣). Heading back to read. So excited for this report as I love all your precious ones. Thanks for writing 🥰😘

What a great intro!
It’s so weird to think back to the early days of the pandemic and how much it affected all our lives regardless of where we lived and to remember how much it kept disrupting people’s plans again and again. Luckily in your case you got a fabulous upgrade out of all the madness. I do remember feeling so gutted for Danielle as she’d just started living her hard won dream and then it was snatched from her but wow has that turned around now. Can’t wait to hear more and I’m so glad the girls both share your love of Disney and encourage you to dress up/Disney bound. I love the outfits. Great choice for Halloween 🧙‍♀️

I’m here so excited to read all about it! I love your pictures as the Sanderson sisters!
I have to laugh because I just posted on my TR and I still have a mask on lol 😆
Nice upgrade to Kidani, we stayed once in a one bedroom and loved it. My son and husband actually came on that trip, many years ago.
My husband’s favorite thing was going into the gift shop to get his mug refilled :rotfl2:

So excited for a new trip report - love hearing about your adventures! I had an annual pass for 2019-2020, which was extended due to the parks' closure, so I actually got to visit quite a few times during the pandemic (I think 5??) - and had some great trips. Crowds were low, and without FPs ride lines moved quickly. Can't wait to read about your experiences.

Woohoo 🎉
Am I first here? Never been first at anything before unless you count year 8 music test ( which I’d probably fail now some 46 years later 🤣). Heading back to read. So excited for this report as I love all your precious ones. Thanks for writing 🥰😘
:welcome: Yes you win the prize for being first. But wait I don't thing we have a prize.

What a great intro!

Thank you!

It’s so weird to think back to the early days of the pandemic and how much it affected all our lives regardless of where we lived and to remember how much it kept disrupting people’s plans again and again. Luckily in your case you got a fabulous upgrade out of all the madness. I do remember feeling so gutted for Danielle as she’d just started living her hard won dream and then it was snatched from her but wow has that turned around now. Can’t wait to hear more and I’m so glad the girls both share your love of Disney and encourage you to dress up/Disney bound. I love the outfits. Great choice for Halloween 🧙‍♀️

I kept thinking how different everything is now. We all went through so much that year. We've all experienced such a roller coaster. We did have some interesting outfits for our girls trips. Originally Danielle were thinking about Rapunzel and Mother Gothel, but when Michelle joined in the Sanderson Sisters were perfect.

I’m here so excited to read all about it! I love your pictures as the Sanderson sisters!

:welcome: I'm so happy you're here for the beginning. We got lots of great interaction with our outfits.

I have to laugh because I just posted on my TR and I still have a mask on lol 😆

I have soooo many pictures of us with masks for the trips since Covid. I'm looking forward to a trip with no mask pictures.

Nice upgrade to Kidani, we stayed once in a one bedroom and loved it. My son and husband actually came on that trip, many years ago.
My husband’s favorite thing was going into the gift shop to get his mug refilled :rotfl2:

We loved the upgrade. We didn't have mugs to refill but we did love the gift shop. We meet the most wonderful CM who had been there for years and had earned so many recognitions.

So excited for a new trip report - love hearing about your adventures!

:welcome: So happy you're still with us and enjoying our reports.

I had an annual pass for 2019-2020, which was extended due to the parks' closure, so I actually got to visit quite a few times during the pandemic (I think 5??) - and had some great trips. Crowds were low, and without FPs ride lines moved quickly. Can't wait to read about your experiences.

I really liked the extension on my 2019-2020 pass too. I wish I had gotten 5 trips out of it. You did great. The low crowds are gone for good.

:welcome: Yes you win the prize for being first. But wait I don't thing we have a prize.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
kept thinking how different everything is now. We all went through so much that year. We've all experienced such a roller coaster.
You know that old saying “ what doesn’t kill your makes you stronger” 💪
My heart aches though for those that lost loved ones during the pandemic. Two of my friends lost their mothers and it was awful not being able to support them in the usual way. No wake and only 10 people allowed at the funeral which didn’t even allow all of their immediate families. We finally had lunch together last month but that was almost 2 years after their mums died. It was amazing to finally hug eachother in person and definitely appreciate that more post-pandemic than I ever did before so maybe some good came out of it all.

We did have some interesting outfits for our girls trips. Originally Danielle were thinking about Rapunzel and Mother Gothel, but when Michelle joined in the Sanderson Sisters were perfect.
You all looked brilliant!
When you do a girls trip part of the fun is the ones you leave behind.
Not quite the same as a girls Disney trip but I am going on a girls trip to Glasgow to see the Christmas market with my daughter and sister to visit my two nieces who live there ( my sister’s girls) and I can’t wait! The men in my life do not get the joy of a Christmas market🤣

Last edited:
Hi Vanessa! You definitely raised your girls right! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

So looking forward to hearing all about your awesome girls trip!

Popping over from your other TR. great start. Looking forward to reading more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter