FOP at Rope Drop

There's another thread on this topic where I posted exact times from my pics I took for our ride, long story short, we parked at 7:15 for an 8am EMH and were off the ride by 8:15. I have knee issues so we weren't trying to race everybody to Pandora or anything like that, we just kept pace with the crowd.

That gives me hope!

True but, a) it's a 90 minute wait with 60 minutes being before the park opens, so I am not wasting precious park time (it's a totally different mindset for me) and b) I was just able to buy my ticket last Friday.. there were no FP's for FOP.

An alternative is getting in line right before closing when the wait is generally 30 minutes or less. This uses no park time at all and may be more efficient and less stressful than waiting outside of the gate in the morning.

An alternative is getting in line right before closing when the wait is generally 30 minutes or less. This uses no park time at all and may be more efficient and less stressful than waiting outside of the gate in the morning.

Good point.. unfortunately, I am at MK in the afternoon/night with a friend.

To piggyback on this post, we're going next Monday to the parks and plan on doing rope drop for FOP at EMH. I was thinking of arriving at 7:30, but is that way too late? Should we get there at 7 instead? My bf will not be down for waiting 2 hours for any rides :)

ETA: EMH starts at 8 am. Thanks!

Like, do you have to show up an hour early for opening still to have a good shot at a FOP wait under an hour if you can go through the AP line?

This is anecdotal, but we were lined up in the turnstile next to the AP line, and it was definitely shorter than the other lines. However, by 820 when they started letting people past the turnstiles, you couldn’t push your way through the crowds behind us to get into the AP line, which would still leave you in the back of the pack. So, it’s probably best to still show up at least an hour before official park opening.

Well, starting Jan 11 ME is back to 3 hours before your flight . Does that help ? :)

Off topic, but is that information posted somewhere? I just added ME and was told it’ll be 4 hours. Thanks!

Edit: Please disregard, I found the information!

This is anecdotal, but we were lined up in the turnstile next to the AP line, and it was definitely shorter than the other lines. However, by 820 when they started letting people past the turnstiles, you couldn’t push your way through the crowds behind us to get into the AP line, which would still leave you in the back of the pack. So, it’s probably best to still show up at least an hour before official park opening.

This makes sense! I hadn't thought of that!

In October, we ran later than planned and got there a few minutes after rope drop and we waited 90 minutes for FOP. So definitely get there early way before rope drop. Even 5 minutes can make a difference. Within 5 minutes, we probably had another 200 people behind us in line.

We had also gone the evening before to try to do park close. We waited for 2 hours and only got maybe halfway through the queue before we left. Apparently they were running on only 1 theatre that night.

Okay - what about morning EMH rope drop plan for this? Heading down next week - and we would be going on a day that EMHs at AK start at 8 am. Could we head to the park at 7am (driving from an on-site resort - hence probably at gate about 7:30) - or do we need to be at the gate waiting to get in at 7am?

The goal is to ride FOP - and then wait for Navi (hopefully not too long of a wait).

To piggyback on this post, we're going next Monday to the parks and plan on doing rope drop for FOP at EMH. I was thinking of arriving at 7:30, but is that way too late? Should we get there at 7 instead? My bf will not be down for waiting 2 hours for any rides :)

ETA: EMH starts at 8 am. Thanks!

Even for EMH, if you get there at 7:30, the park will likely already be open and you'll be behind a huge crowd. I'd be there no later than 7:15, and 7:00 would be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter