For the Love of Disney - PTR

1 week dance!:santa::dance3::woohoo::cheer2:
Time to start packing! Right now the weather here is great. 57! Hope it stays like that for when you arrive.
P.S- New TR started

I hope things are going well!! Have the girls gotten over H1N1?? I bet your busy packing and getting ready to go!

I'm here, I'm here and I have updates. I'm sorry....I am the worst pre-trip report writer ever! I think about DIS all day long...if only I could dis from work. We have been busy, but that's not an excuse. I've been planning and shopping like a mad woman. I am packing today and will have pictures of the shopping madness and outfit planning later today. I do have a few updates for right now though....

PS Thanks for bearing with me and not ditching my report. I've really missed you guys! I promise to give you a good trip report for your loyalty!!! :lovestruc

ITINERARY

You know as well as I do that this is only a rough draft - yes, we know it will probably never happen this way, but it's nice to have it kind of mapped out so we have some idea of where we should be when. We are truly looking forward to relaxing and taking things a little slower this trip. We want to make sure that we take in more shows and parades this time and just soak in as much magic as possible. So, without further ado...

Friday, December 4th
We will start the day normally (as normally as possible when you know you’re leaving for Disney World that evening). I will work a half day, run a few final errands and finish packing before the other 3 get done with school at 3pm. We want to leave for Indy as close to 3 as possible. It’s a 2 hour drive and they are an hour ahead of us. We plan to check-in to the hotel, order a pizza for dinner and eat pool-side. Trav and Caya can swim while Hayley and I knock out as much of her homework as possible. I don’t want her to have to do much while on vacation and I certainly don’t want her to have to lug around extra books. We’ll try to make it an early night but I know we won’t be able to sleep.

Saturday, December 5th
Travel Day – Flight: 7:00am IND --> MCO 9:15am, Magical Express to Polynesian, Check-In, Lunch at Captain Cook’s, Meet family at Disney Studios, take it easy doing what we can until 5ish. Bus to Poly, Monorail to Magic Kingdom. Grab quick dinner (Pecos Bill) and get a seat for 7:00 pm Spectro / 8 pm Wishes. At exactly 9:00pm (or as close as possible :angel:) ride Splash Mountain for Dad. It was his most favorite ride and he died at exactly 9:00pm on a Saturday. If we are still functioning, ride a few more rides before calling it a night. Park closes at 1:00am (we will NOT make it this long).

Sunday, December 6th
Magic Kingdom Rope Drop (9:00am), ride as many rides as possible (probably skipping most of Fantasyland as my nephews will want the more thrill type rides). Lunch at Cosmic Rays or Pinnochio Village Haus. Mid-afternoon break at Poly. Evening at Disney Studios. Ride what we can and make sure to see Osborne Spectacle of Lights. Park closes at 11:00pm. Say good-bye to the family.

Monday, December 7th
Animal Kingdom Open (8:00am), Fastpass Safari, Ride Everest and possible do a show before 10:25 Breakfast at Donald’s Safari-Tusker House. Use Fastpass and conquer all other must-do’s. Afternoon break if necessary. 5:05pm Dinner at Whispering Canyon Café. Then depending on how we feel, Magic Kingdom for 7 Spectro / 8 Wishes (park closes at 11pm) or head to Downtown Disney for some shopping.

Tuesday, December 8th
Magic Kingdom Day (for the princesses)!  9:00 am Rope Drop. Dumbo and maybe one other ride. Breakfast at Cindy’s. Spend the rest of the day doing whatever the princesses want to do. Afternoon break and then depending on how we feel one of the following options:
1. MVMCP
2. 6:55 pm Dinner at Chef Mickey’s
3. Epcot – World Showcase, 9:30 Illuminations
4. Downtown Disney

Wednesday, December 9th
Rest & enjoy the resort day! Sleep in until we wake up on our own (we’ll really need it if we go to MVMCP). Do laundry if necessary. 10:10 Breakfast at OHana. Swim, Rent Surrey Bike or Boat, Nap, whatever we feel like doing all day long. Possible Epcot-World Showcase in the evening (9:30 Illuminations).

Thursday, December 10th
Disney Studios (open at 9:00am). Fastpass & Ride Toy Story, Ride Tower of Terror and possibly Rockin Roller Coaster. 10:15 Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. Make sure we see Little Mermaid & Playhouse Disney at some point. Stay until we need a break and possibly return in the evening.

Friday, December 11th
8:05 am Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Magic Kingdom – Fantasyland, ride everything we can. Afternoon break. Monorail to Epcot, enjoy what we can. 8:20pm Dinner at LeCellier. 9:30 Illuminations if we make it. Ride until our hearts are content. Park closes at 12:30am.

Saturday, December 12th
It will be up to the family to decide on either Animal Kingdom or Epcot this morning. 5:05pm Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern. 7 Spectro / 8 Wishes (if we want/need to see it one last time). Park closes at 11:00pm. Start packing!?!?!

Sunday, December 13th
Pack and send luggage to Bell Services. 10:20 Breakfast at Crystal Palace. Enjoy what we can at Magic Kingdom in our final moments (boo hoo hoo). Magical Express pick up somewhere around 1:00 pm. Flight: 4:15pm MCO --> IND 6:35pm. Get checked suitcase, shuttle back to Hampton to get truck and head home. 2 hour drive – I’m being optimistic and planning to be home by 8:30pm our time. Throw a load of laundry in and crawl to bed – we all have school/work in the morning. The girls & Trav just have a four day week before starting Christmas Vacation…I have a 5 day (but I might have to work

on that bit ;))!

UP NEXT: PACKING LIST

sounds great!!!

I'll be at Epcot EMH on Fri the 11th!! Maybe we will bump into each other!!!

We plan on hitting Epcot all day on the 12th since we have an early ADR-4pm for CLP 6:45 show so we decided what we don't get done the night before ie: prolly Soarin and TT and will ride those crazy the next morning!!

10 days for me, it's getting soooo close!

PACKING LIST

Carry-On: < 55 in (h + l + w) plus 1 Personal Item
Checked: < 61 in (h + l + w) = $15 each way

Car
Directions/ Map
Pillows/Blankets (more for the ride home)
Small Cooler (drinks, snacks for ride over-my kids are starving after school)
Disney Movies (haven't picked yet - any suggestions)
Disney Music
Garbage Bag

Trav's Backpack
ID, $, CC
Phone, Charger
Video Camera, Charger, Disks
Ibuprofin

My Bag
ID, $, CC, Phone
Plane Tickets
Cameras (Nikon DSLF & Canon Elph), Chargers, Batteries
Planning Binder (has all travel info included-see way below)
Planning Book (haven't decided which one(s) yet - what do you take???)
Trip Journal, Trip Notebook, Pencil, Pen
Puzzle Book (? - Will I ever use this?)
Sunglasses, Glasses/Case, Contacts
Gum, Mints
Chapstick, Bandaids

Carry On Suitcase
Next Day Clothes
Swimsuits
Autograph Books
Sharpies (Key Ring Sharpies)
Goggles
Pool Toys
Stroller Cover
Stroller Bandanas

Hayley's Bag
DS, Charger
iPod, Charger
Phone, Charger
Camera, Charger
Wallet, $
Trip Journal (I made - note to self: post pictures :))
School Work (what's left of it, hopefully most is done after Friday night)
Mickey Ears
Flash Light/Book Light
Book, Notebook
Sunglasses
Lanyard, ID
Deck of Cards
Elephant (favorite stuffed animal)
*Stuff* (little surprises I've picked up over the last few months)

Caya's Bag
Blanklie (Blanket she must have to sleep)
Wallet, $ (Mommy or Daddy will hang on to this - the kid has about $300 she's saved for Disney)
Trip Journal (I made - note to self: post pictures :))
Color Wonder, Markers
Sunglasses
Mickey Ears
Key Markers
Wipes
Lanyard, ID
Kids Cup
Disney Kids Book
Stuffed Minnie (I think this is what she's decided on)
Princess Light Up Spinner, Flash Light
MP3 (little Mickey shaped one if it EVER COMES! boo)
*Stuff* little surprises I've picked up over the last few months)

Checked Luggage
Jeans, Capris, Shorts
Shirts, Hoodies, Jackets
Bras/Undies, Socks
Pajamas
Cup (toothbrushes)
H2O Camera
Batteries (AA&AAA)
Tennies (2 pairs each)
Flip Flops (1 pair each)
Belts, Hats/Visor
Hair Stuff (Bows, Ribbons, Ponies, Clips)
Jewelry (hmmm, do I really need this???)
Robe, Slippers ???
Costumes
Shampoo / Conditioner
Shower Gel
Face Soap / Moisterizer
Shave Gel / Razors
Lotion / Body Spray
Deoderant
Toothbrushes / Toothpaste (ours and Caya's)
Pick/Brush/Comb
Gel / Darn Straight / Flat Iron Spray / Hairspray
Make-up
Tweezers
Qtips
Dryer
Flat Iron
Band Aids
Mole Skin
Sunblock
Aloe
Germ X
Bug Spray
Tums (haven't used these since I was pregnant, but with all that dis food...)
Ibuprofin (Adult / Kids)
Nyquil / Dayquil (Sinus & Flu)
Kids Cold Medicine
Vitamins
Midol
Prescriptions (don't have any as of now but leaving it on list just in case)
Bug Spray / Citronella Candle (for balcony / patio)
Pop Up Hamper
Detergent / Dryer Sheets (got the all in one)
Shout Wipes / Tide Pen
Dish Soap
Febreeze
Shoe Organizer (do we need this at POLY???)
Wall Hooks (do we need this at POLY???)
Extra Hangers (do we need this at POLY???)
Small Baskets
Safety Pins
Zip Lock Bags
Night Light
Beach Towels ???
Ponchos (with small garbage bag to store when wet)
Umbrella
Granola Bars
Pringles
Drink Mixes
Fruit Snacks
Gum/Candy

Binder
Travel Documents (Airline, Poly, Magical Express)
Reservation #'s (Dining, Airline, Poly, Magical Express, Hampton (night before))
Mousekeeping Envelopes
Tip Envelopes
Health Ins Info
Personal Labels
Kids ID Labels
Email Addresses
Samps (for postcards)
Mailing Labels
Notecards (haven't done these yet but want to make one for each day)
Hole Punch (to hook photo pass, etc. to a key ring ???)

Stroller (I'm so nervous we are going to forget this!!!)

Kitchen Sink :rotfl:

A recap of my questions above - can anyone help? :lovestruc

1. What movies should we watch on our way to and from Indy (one each way)?

2. Will I wear jewelry (you know, the cute stuff other than wedding rings) at Disney?

3. Room Organizing Items - are these necessary at Poly? (Shoe Organizer,
Wall Hooks, Extra Hangers)

4. What planning book(s) should I take?

5. WHAT DID I FORGET???

UP NEXT: TO DO LIST

TO DO LIST

This is the "To-Do" list I started many months ago - it's pretty random, as things popped into my head for planning or packing I jotted them down. It's not in any order but I thought I'd still share for those in the early planning stages.

x Trip Plans
x Touring Plans (including Travel Day Plans)
x Priority Seatings (Date: September 6)
x Make Kids Journals
x Print Kids Journals
x Bind Kids Journals
Make Mousekeeping Envelopes (Merry Mousekeeping)
Make Kids IDs (www.roadid.com)
Laminate Priority Seating
Laminate Basic Touring Plans
x Shopping List
x Shop (In Progress)
Autograph Books - Make them
x Take care of newspaper and Mail (Date: November 25)
x Make arrangements for Happy (dog) and Baylie (bunny) (Take to Aunt Teresa on Thursday 12-03-09)
Start Scrapbooks
x Pre-Check In (Date: November 25)
Online air check-in (Date: December 4)
Prepare daily zip-loc bags (Clothes, $, etc.)
x MP3 Players for Girls (w/Disney Music)
x DVD Player w/Disney Movies (taking laptop)
x Trip Journal
x Note Taking Book (purse size)
x Inform School
x Get Homework
x Get Carry-On Bags for Girls (Hayley - Red Polka Dot / Caya - Minnie)
x Reserve (or buy) stroller
x Make Countdown for Home (100 days?)
x Disney Gift Cards / Disney $'s
x Schedule Haircuts for the week before (Nikky & Hayley - Wed 12/2)
Clean out Fridge
Clean House
Laundry (this will be right up until the last minute)
x Labels for refillable mugs, stroller, camera, etc.)
n/a Pre-Purchase Photo Pass :sad1:
x Disney Color Books/Markers/Crayons
x Break In Shoes (all of us)
Make invitations for each character meal
x Get Travel Games for waits/restaurants/travel
x Markers on key ring
Get CD - Official Album of WDW
x Disney Gameboy Games on Ebay ?
Fill M&M tubes with Quarters/Pennies for Penny Press
x Baggallini (or something similar)
x Take a sharpie - Write name/# on photopass, passes, etc.
x Take a hole punch - Punch holes in Passes, Photopass etc. for key chain ?
x Print and Take Menus
x Pack 1 bag for 1st night and 1st day
x Bring cables to hook cameras to TV
Take a fam pic every morning - know what everyone is wearing if lost (& for scrapbook)
Don't forgot about boat from Epcot WS to DS
x Plan Outfits (Ebay --> Gymboree Cherry Pie ???, Etsy, Ebay, Disney Couture)
x Take Empty Cups (add liquid once through airport gates)
x 100 Day Party (Date: August 27)
x Check out Disney books from library
x Measure Caya to see how close she is for rides
Turn in change jar for cash
x Make labels for post cards
x Purchase Disney stamps for post cards (non-Disney)
Notecards for each day
x Visit: Play Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom online.
x Visit: Visit www.pixiehollow.com and create a Disney fairy.
x Watch a Disney movie each week until our trip
Make homemade pizzas shaped like Mickey
Write Disney and ask for travel brochures
Order Disney Catelog (1-800-237-5751)
x Get bandanas/ribbons for stroller & luggage
Go to bank to get cash (some small bills for tips)
x Order free Disney planning video
x Read as many trip reports as possible
x Get in shape for trip (always going to be a work in progress :rotfl2:)
x Make Mickey shaped pankcakes or go to Ott's for breakfast Saturday before our trip
Make CM Thank You Cards
x Get Magic Kingdom Game (@ Amazon.com)
Be specific with journal. Color of monorail. Row of Splash Mtn. Etc.
Get Manheim and the Mouse
Attach velcro to autograph pen and book
x Get Purex All In One Laundry Sheets
x Get a pop up laundry hamper with pocket for detergent
x Get a Tide to go pen
Palmolive Dish Cloths ($2 for box of 20)
Get glow necklaces at craft stores
Make first pictures say "if found, call 217-530-3393" and lock it
Search for camera backpack
Leave a small gift for the girls every morning
Put Disney Trivia or This Time Next Week Notes in lunches
x Make a Disney Countdown Chain (Red, Black & Gold)
x Buy stroller cover
Use plastic coupon organizer for bandaids, bug repellant, wipes, etc.
Buy a couple 3M hooks (hang jackets, swim suits, etc.)
Pack a flat box and packing tape to ship items home if need be.
Use straws to pack neclaces
x Disney Games (Guess Who, Uno, Trivial Pursuit & Memory, Magic Kingdom)
Disney Popcorn (Walmart)
x Disney Snacks (Walgreens/Dollar Store)
Take Hidden Mickey book to monorail hotels.
x Bring Caya's "Rose" Light Spinner
x Put battery operated Christmas lights on stroller.
x Take candy canes and hand them out to cast members! :o)
Bicycle lock ??? (is this really necessary in Disney-i hope not)
Neat Sheet for parades, etc.
x Hang canvas car organizer on stroller (GOT BAG INSTEAD)
Take pictures of suitcases (inside and out) in case they are lost.
x Buy S hooks at dollar store for stroller.
x Buy gum and take with.
x Put glow necklace on stroller at night to find it easier.(got Christmas lights)
Tear out back pgs of UOG(with tour plans), laminate, punch, attach with binder ring.

Wow you sure are a planner! Why couldn't you post this before I left you have such great ideas! If you ask me Epcot really needs a rope drop day. No DTD? We went there our last say and had so much fun. The girls would love it. I have to see pics of the autograph books. Too funny about needing a bike lock- def. NO NEEDER. We brought a back pack and put it in a locker at night we went to the locker for pants and jackets to change into. Some mornings the girls wore pants and then at around lunch time we went to the locker and changed. Our week the pants in the mornings weren't necessary but being floridians we wore them. You'll be fine with out them. Pack for freezing cold and really hot weather-you never know until you're there in the winter in Fl.
At Epcot I saw a wheelchair decorated for x-mas every square inch was decorated. It was amazing. I had to take a picture. Can't wait to see your stroller decorated.

Yay!!! Glad you are back!! It is so close now!!! We leave Wednesday and I have a TON to do!!!! So, your days look great and your packing lists look great! Do you have any Disney Christmas movies? Maybe bring them to get the girls in the spirit??!!

Hi Nikky!! So glad you're back!! And WOW! Your lists are AMAZING!!!! I think you have everything covered!! How about some Christmas movies for the trip? I took planning books with me on our trip and never used them. But I guess your favorite one is always good to have just in case--right? Can't wait to see pics of everything!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the tips - I really appreciate it. I was having a terrible time fitting in an Epcot rope-drop...it will probably end up happening on our final Saturday. We will definitely go to DTD at least once - I have that penciled in as a choice for a few different nights. I love DTD - great ambience! :lovestruc Glad to get reassurance on no bike lock - I've had several people tell me recently that they had things get stolen. I've never even been a little bit scared about that but we haven't been in a few years.

Wow you sure are a planner! Why couldn't you post this before I left you have such great ideas! If you ask me Epcot really needs a rope drop day. No DTD? We went there our last say and had so much fun. The girls would love it. I have to see pics of the autograph books. Too funny about needing a bike lock- def. NO NEEDER. We brought a back pack and put it in a locker at night we went to the locker for pants and jackets to change into. Some mornings the girls wore pants and then at around lunch time we went to the locker and changed. Our week the pants in the mornings weren't necessary but being floridians we wore them. You'll be fine with out them. Pack for freezing cold and really hot weather-you never know until you're there in the winter in Fl.
At Epcot I saw a wheelchair decorated for x-mas every square inch was decorated. It was amazing. I had to take a picture. Can't wait to see your stroller decorated.

I hope you have the best time ever - I'm going to go to your PTR now to check for any updates on the eve of your trip!!! I'll be on the lookout for you at Disney! :lovestruc

Yay!!! Glad you are back!! It is so close now!!! We leave Wednesday and I have a TON to do!!!! So, your days look great and your packing lists look great! Do you have any Disney Christmas movies? Maybe bring them to get the girls in the spirit??!!

Thanks Becky! Christmas movies are a great idea - I'll have to see what we have or make ANOTHER last minute run to Walmart! ;)

Hi Nikky!! So glad you're back!! And WOW! Your lists are AMAZING!!!! I think you have everything covered!! How about some Christmas movies for the trip? I took planning books with me on our trip and never used them. But I guess your favorite one is always good to have just in case--right? Can't wait to see pics of everything!! :goodvibes

BEFORE I CAN FOCUS ON DISNEY

There were several "big" things we had to get through before I could focus solely on Disney. As of last Saturday night I could officially check everything but Disney off my list and get fully into Disney mode.

First we had Caya's Birthday Party. She turned 5 on November 18th and we had a Fancy Nancy Party for all her little friends on the 22nd.

20091122_7496_edited-1.jpg

20091122_7527_edited-1.jpg

Then I had to make it through my first Thanksgiving without my Dad. My sister from CT and her family came home so that helped a ton. Her and I actually cooked the entire meal (my first time cooking a Turkey). We ate later in the day, about 4 to give ourselves plenty of time and then played games all night. My Grandma who is 83 kicked our butts at Apples to Apples.

And the final to do was decorate for Christmas. We got our tree the weekend before but it was sitting bare in the family room all week. I tackled that Saturday night so I would be free to pack all day Sunday.

20091129_7429.jpg

Now, the rest of my posts will be DISNEY ONLY!!!

THE WEEK BEFORE - SUNDAY

Sunday, November 29th ~ I got up early this morning and spent a few minutes updating my pre-trip report (finally, right?)! I folded the last bit of laundry and started getting ready to pack. I like to make organized piles before I start putting stuff in suitcases. I made piles for Checked Items, Carry-On Suitcases & Carry-On Bags. (Eventually I even made signs but don't have a picture with those! haha)

20091129_7898.jpg

I worked up the courage to actually begin the packing process and planned outfits for the girls. I did Caya first. Layed them out one by one and then picked matching socks and hairbows for each. She’s the most fun to dress! I used zip locks and vacuum sealed them (with my butt-haha). I was amazed at how much I could pack this way. I got 12 outfits in her teeny tiny suitcase. I picked up the remaining clothes we didn’t pack and put them away. Hayley was up next. She brought me her clothes and I told her what I needed and she’d go get it (like playing fetch). Wow, this is the way to pack. Butt on the floor…someone bringing you everything you need. I used zip locks for her also. Her suitcase is a little bigger than Caya’s and she actually had extra room (that I’m sure we’ll fill before Friday)! I packed for myself next and with the help of zip locks (and my butt) I was able to get all my clothes into my suitcase. It’s jammed full but at least it’s all in one. Travis probably won’t pack until Friday morning! Ugh!

I got on a roll and forgot to take pictures of Hayley's before I stuffed them in zip locks. There aren't quite as cute as the tiny ones so you're not missing much! ;) Here is her suitcase - notice there is a little extra room even :)

20091203_7939.jpg

Here are Caya's outfits.

20091129_7918.jpg

20091129_7914.jpg

20091129_7915.jpg

20091129_7916.jpg

20091129_7917.jpg

20091129_7920.jpg

20091129_7921.jpg

20091129_7922.jpg

20091129_7923.jpg

20091129_7924.jpg

20091129_7925.jpg

20091129_7926.jpg

20091129_7927.jpg

I picked everything up and pulled out the scrapbook stuff. I made an autograph book for Caya and then helped Hayley make hers.

Hayley's Tink -
20091203_7937.jpg

Caya's Minnie -
20091203_7936.jpg

We had frozen pizza for dinner because I was too busy to cook. Before I knew it, it was bath time and bed time (for me too ;))!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter