For those of you who haven't been following HP at IOA

Interesting. I'm sure it will be amazing. I noticed it said WDW was expanding Fantasyland to combat this. Didn't Al Lutz mention something about the WDW execs actually cutting back on this, afraid to spend too much? I keep hearing things like that. How do they expect to compete? Didn't you say you were skipping WDW to go to Universal this year?

Interesting. I'm sure it will be amazing. I noticed it said WDW was expanding Fantasyland to combat this. Didn't Al Lutz mention something about the WDW execs actually cutting back on this, afraid to spend too much? I keep hearing things like that. How do they expect to compete? Didn't you say you were skipping WDW to go to Universal this year?

For HP fans, nothing WDW comes up with will combat HP at IOA. I know our next trip to Orlando will be to stay on Universal property (for FOTL access) and to see the new HP stuff. Sorry Mickey! :lmao:

Honestly I don't expect to do a vacation trip this year, as my DD is heading off to college and BOY HOWDY is that expensive. However if we find the $ in the budget, I would do Universal this year for sure.
I don't think anyone can guess what will happen at WDW, I think they will have multiple options, and some of the choices will be based on UO attendance.

Honestly I don't expect to do a vacation trip this year, as my DD is heading off to college and BOY HOWDY is that expensive. However if we find the $ in the budget, I would do Universal this year for sure.
I don't think anyone can guess what will happen at WDW, I think they will have multiple options, and some of the choices will be based on UO attendance.

Oh, I remember someone saying they were going to Universal this years. I thought it was you since you posted this. Must have been someone else.

Our boys have been in private school since pre-k so I'm hoping we will finally save some money when they get to college in a few years. :rotfl: At least if they go to a Jr. College first. I have my heart set on going to WDW when they finally graduate, or maybe we will wait a tad longer and go for our 25th anniversary. Since we've never been to WDW, that will take priority over Universal. But I can see the draw. I'd think about going there too if we had been to WDW alot.

no. I think you were thinking of me....you just didn't key into the first part of my "confession" which was "if we go to a park this years...." unfortunately it is a big IF!
My DD did private school k-2 and 7-9, but even that experience is nothing compared to a 4 year tuition bill of $84,000.00! Plus we need to come up with room and board ! and supplies and books! and maybe some visits through the year!

I wonder if the Harry Potter: The Exhibition tour is coming to So Cal?

As a HP super fan girl, I'm excited for this (if I ever make it over there), if they make it look anything close to the pictures, it's going to be amazing.

I'm a huge HP fan and I'm excited about making a trip to IOA to see this, but honestly 75% of my trip will still be on Disney property.

I'm a huge HP fan and I'm excited about making a trip to IOA to see this, but honestly 75% of my trip will still be on Disney property.

We're doing Disney for Mardi Gras, but I think our next vaca will be a 3-day trip to UO after HP is open. I *might* use it as an excuse to do a Disney trip too and make it a 10-14day vaca. If I do that, it won't be until Apr 2011.

I wonder if we will need FOL passes when we go November 10-17? We are staying offsite this trip and was hoping FOL would be unecessary. We are going during a quieter time but with HP their may be no quiet time. Any opinions?

no. I think you were thinking of me....you just didn't key into the first part of my "confession" which was "if we go to a park this years...." unfortunately it is a big IF!
My DD did private school k-2 and 7-9, but even that experience is nothing compared to a 4 year tuition bill of $84,000.00! Plus we need to come up with room and board ! and supplies and books! and maybe some visits through the year!

Oh, I missed the IF. :rotfl: Well, good luck with that bill! We have twins so it will be two at once. They are just going to have to go to a Jr. College to start, or maybe the local university in our city. Unless they get some kind of scholarship.

There is a rumor over on our Universal planning board that they may exempt the new HP ride from the FOTL benefit, or limit it to one ride, or instead open an hour early........I think what it means is long line for everyone. I bet the rest of the park would be fairly slow at those times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter