Fox rental car experiences?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone- anyone have experience with Fox?
Looks like you need to shuttle from MCO to get to them. How did that go? Looks like spouse can drive free?

They look like the cheapest option this November, but leary to use someone we haven’t before (we have used Alamo and Avis)in the last.

Thanks for any input!

Hi everyone- anyone have experience with Fox?
Looks like you need to shuttle from MCO to get to them. How did that go? Looks like spouse can drive free?

They look like the cheapest option this November, but leary to use someone we haven’t before (we have used Alamo and Avis)in the last.

Thanks for any input!
Their reviews are not good. You can look at Google where there are over 7000 reviews and a 2.6 rating out of 5.

It's been a long while but we used Fox once and only once, in CA. They tried to upcharge us for everything (admittedly, not unique to them) and then tried to charge us for cleaning when they alleged we had a dog in the car (we did not - dog was back at home, we were on vacation). That was enough for us, never again at any price.

Yikes. Thank you for your replies Will steer clear.
Autoslash continues to be my best way to save money. If you plan far enough ahead it usually saves us >$100 on a week-long rental - sometimes a lot more than that. Costco is also good, but we've found Autoslash is even better.

Autoslash continues to be my best way to save money. If you plan far enough ahead it usually saves us >$100 on a week-long rental - sometimes a lot more than that. Costco is also good, but we've found Autoslash is even better.
Thanks! Yep we have used those in the past and also undercover tourist. It’s still so high 😩
Maybe we will book the best “pay later” rate we can get with Alamo or Avis and just keep checking… appreciate your replies!

I feel like prices change as much as airfare. My car rental with Costco for May has been as high as $480 and now $413, but I got a better deal last week at $420 with a $25 shop card. Good luck!

Thanks! Yep we have used those in the past and also undercover tourist. It’s still so high 😩
Maybe we will book the best “pay later” rate we can get with Alamo or Avis and just keep checking… appreciate your replies!
I wouldn't limit yourself just to Alamo and Avis. Any of the 10 companies with cars on site at MCO are reputable. Really it's only four companies. Avis owns Budget and Payless, Enterprise owns National and Alamo, Hertz owns Thrifty and Dollar, and Sixt stands alone.

We use Alamo at MCO for 2 reasons: (1) You can check in online the day before, print out your paperwork, skip the counter and go directly to the garage (in all terminals A, B and now C) and (2) choose your car from a row of vehicles. If the price is within $40 or so of the others it's worth it to us. Otherwise, we use Budget. Never tried Sixt but heard good things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter