"Free" Breakfast options

jeanigor

DIS Veteran
I'm looking at different hotel sights and notice that most Good Neighbor hotels offer some sort of breakfast offering. I am sure that they are not all created equally. Vacationing up in Canada, 'complimentary breakfast' usually means some donuts and coffee. Some hotels in Orlando have extensive buffets included with your stay. I like to pinch every penny I can, some call it being cheap--I see it as being able to save some money so I can take another trip.:goodvibes

What does the hotel you stay at offer as their "free breakfast" and it that a reason that sways you to stay there?

Last couple times, I've stayed at Quality Inn Anaheim.

They have waffle makers, toast, English muffins, fresh fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, donuts, danishes, cereal, coffee, milk and juice.

Embassy Suites South has an amazing free breakfast but it's also a mile away.
Cooked to order omlets or quick grab scrambled eggs, saugage, potatos, bread and donuts,cereal, juices and coffee, pancakes, fruit...

Candy Cane Inn has cereal, bagels, toast, fruit, yogurt, cream cheese, donuts, muffins, juice and coffee. I usually have a bagel with cream cheese. I would love if they added some hard boiled eggs though.

Desert Inn and Suites has pastries, toast, cereal and usually apples or oranges. Sadly, no yogurt or hard-boiled eggs. Breakfast service starts at 7:30.

I believe the Super 8 on Katella had muffins/pastries, toast and cereal. I'm guessing there was fruit, too, but I really don't remember. I do remember having to give my room number to the lady behind the counter in order to get a ration of milk. I think breakfast service started at 7:00 or earlier. We were able to get food and still make it to the park before 8:00 rope drop.

Comfort Inn Maingate has make your own waffles, toast, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, cocoa. You have to take ART to get to the park though.

Tropicana had a very lame breakfast when we last stayed there years ago. I barely remember it, but I think there was a piece of fruit and maybe a muffin or something like that and some juice. I do remember there were several items offered that you had to pay extra per item for. I also remember the woman working in the breakfast room being very unfriendly and watching everyone like a hawk. This was several years ago. Maybe things have improved. :confused3

I really like the Candy Cane Inn breakfast that has been mentioned already.

Hojo on Harbor and Fairfield Inn on Harbor DO NOT offer breakfast, probably practically the only properties in each of those chains not to offer complimentary breakfast. We still like Hojo a lot though. If we can get a rate cheap enough compared to all its neighbors, I'm willing to bring or buy my own breakfast.

RI Maingate, hot breakfast, eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, juices, fresh fruit, moo and more. Nothing is free, it is built into the cost of the room charge.

Jack

Park Vue Inn has waffles (that you pour and bake yourself), french toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sometimes bacon or sausages, yogurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit salad, bagels, donuts, toast, hard boiled eggs, cereals, milk, juices, coffee, teas, hot chocolate, chocolate milk, and maybe more that I'm forgetting. They also offer free dinner, one night was tacos with all the stuff you'd need, one night was mini sliders, one night was cheese enchiladas. Each night the dinner also has tossed salad and 2 kinds of soup. We saved a fortune by eating breakfast and dinner at our hotel. They also have free warm baked cookies and lemonade as well as water bottles in the front lobby 24 hours a day.

Park Vue Inn has waffles (that you pour and bake yourself), french toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, sometimes bacon or sausages, yogurt, cottage cheese, fresh fruit salad, bagels, donuts, toast, hard boiled eggs, cereals, milk, juices, coffee, teas, hot chocolate, chocolate milk, and maybe more that I'm forgetting. They also offer free dinner, one night was tacos with all the stuff you'd need, one night was mini sliders, one night was cheese enchiladas. Each night the dinner also has tossed salad and 2 kinds of soup. We saved a fortune by eating breakfast and dinner at our hotel. They also have free warm baked cookies and lemonade as well as water bottles in the front lobby 24 hours a day.

For Park Vue, I've heard that the breakfast room is on the second floor with no elevator and that you are not allowed to take food out of the breakfast room. Do you know if that is true and if they make an exception for the handicapped?

Radisson Suites near Knotts Berry Farm (5 miles from Disney) has cooked to order omelets/eggs, pancakes, fruit, hash browns, toast, cereal etc.

Hampton Inn & Suites (about a mile away) has pour your own waffles, eggs, breakfast meat, hot and cold cereal, pastries, bagels.

I've stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn (across from the entrance to the Park) on my past 2 trips. They have a free breakfast that has biscuits & gravy, toast, pastries/donuts, fruit, cereal & yogurt; it's not the best selection, but it's a great time/money saver because one can eat breakfast before going to the Park in the morning. Supposedly, they will soon be adding more variety to the breakfast (pancakes, eggs and bacon or sausage, IIRC).

For Park Vue, I've heard that the breakfast room is on the second floor with no elevator and that you are not allowed to take food out of the breakfast room. Do you know if that is true and if they make an exception for the handicapped?

It was on the 2nd floor with no elevator that I could see but I'm sure they probably have one for the service carts and employees if nothing else. It's true that you can't take food to go but definitely give them a call, they are super friendly and helpful.

Peacock suites have cold and hot cerial, coffee, oj, pastries, bagels/toast and hard boiled eggs.

Quality Inn adds waffles, eggs and bacon.

They will bring food down to you. I know this is the case for guests using thier HCA rooms that are downstairs from the dining area.

Please tell me someone else has stayed at the Best Western Stardust Inn (when you turned out the lights there were glow in the dark stars on the ceiling)...I don't even know if it exists anymore it was back behind Disneyland, but it was dirt cheap and they advertised "hot" breakfast in a train caboose on their property, sounds cool right? It was the sadest free breakfast ever! Two potato slices that were as thin as chips, a piece of bacon that looked like lunch meat and some weird looking eggs. My husband and I still laugh about that. But we did have an amazing view of the fireworks from our balcony!

Please tell me someone else has stayed at the Best Western Stardust Inn (when you turned out the lights there were glow in the dark stars on the ceiling)...I don't even know if it exists anymore it was back behind Disneyland, but it was dirt cheap and they advertised "hot" breakfast in a train caboose on their property, sounds cool right? It was the sadest free breakfast ever! Two potato slices that were as thin as chips, a piece of bacon that looked like lunch meat and some weird looking eggs. My husband and I still laugh about that. But we did have an amazing view of the fireworks from our balcony!

We stayed there when I was a kid! I remember that train car!!

We stayed there when I was a kid! I remember that train car!!

I just googled it and it looks like it's a Travel lodge now. People said the breakfast was good so maybe it got better since 8 years ago. Our room was definitely no frills, but not that bad, just funky!

Thanks everyone for their input. Since it is just me, I will give the Park Vue a whirl!

I didn't read other answers, so sorry if this is a repeat. Desert Palms which is a pretty quick walk to the park, has an amazing free breakfast. It was different every morning. One day was gravy and biscuits, sausage. Another was pancakes. Etc. It had lots of hot offerings along with cereal, toast, pastries, coffee, soda, milk, fresh fruit. It was yummy and I was super impressed :)

Desert Inn and Suites has pastries, toast, cereal and usually apples or oranges. Sadly, no yogurt or hard-boiled eggs. Breakfast service starts at 7:30.

How do you get a good place in line at Disneyland if the breakfast doesn't start until 7:30???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter