Free dining is back monday 20th for 2013

Hi I'm hoping to book for next year but keep hearing about extra savings using Quidco! Could someone please explain Quidco to me:confused3 Sorry if I'm being a bit of a dunce about this. Would reservation still be thru disney or would it be Quidco?

Your reservation would be with Disney, on the web most companies offer other businesses a cut of the sale price in order to drive customers to their sales page.

Quidco takes advantage of that and is like the ultimate broker passing most of that commission fee to you, I suspect they keep some although they claim not.

You sign up and find the link to disney once you're logged in on their site, this then forwards you to Disney but remembers that you got there from Quidco, Disney also know this as there is a special flag in the web address or special cookie.

Later when you pay your balance, Disney will pay commission to Quidco who pay it to you.

Since starting with Quidco a few years ago I've been paid £1200 in total just by using their links rather than going direct. I'm sure others have earnt a lot more. You let Quidco keep £5 per year from your payments as their reward!

Hi I'm hoping to book for next year but keep hearing about extra savings using Quidco! Could someone please explain Quidco to me:confused3 Sorry if I'm being a bit of a dunce about this. Would reservation still be thru disney or would it be Quidco?

I don't know all the in's and out's of Quidco but can tell you the basics as I understand them.
Your booking would still be through Disney, there is a link you click on Quidco which re-routes you to the Disney site and activates the cashback.
You have to wait for the cashback, it's not immediate, some come back to you in 1 month others 6 months.
It costs either £5 a year or £5 one off payment (I think?) to use quidco which comes out of your first cashback instalment.

Hope this helps, if there is any wrong info up there feel free to fix it :)

Thanks for all the info. Makes sense to me now:)
Why would anyone NOT use quidco since booking still through disney and they take £5 from cashback? Is it just that people (like me lol) dont always know about it or does it affect the room location eg worst room in category or something?

Why would anyone NOT use quidco since booking still through disney and they take £5 from cashback? Is it just that people (like me lol) dont always know about it or does it affect the room location eg worst room in category or something?

I have been posting on here for years, if you buy anything on the internet you should use a cashback site, I have had over £3,000 back now for doing nothing.
You don't even have to buy anything they have a No-brainers http://www.quidco.com/no-brainers/
eg. Order a free simcard and get back 60p
I just bought AA breakdown cover with Relay for 2 people driving any vehicle £101, got £60 cashback.

When Disney check you in they have no idea you bought via Quidco, it makes no difference to your booking at all.

You must always get a separate price going direct. It is entirely possible that the quidco linked price while not more expensive than a regular price, might not present you with the same discount options as other routes.

Take for example car insurance through a comparison site. This year when I got a quote I used gocompare I think. This told me the cheapest policy, I then went back to quidco and used their link to go direct to the policy provider which would have got me £60 cashback, however, to match the price from gocompare I had to bump the voluntary excess much higher than gocompare was providing. I then cleared my cookies (get used to this if you're a quidco regular) and tried direct with the provider. This price came out somewhere between the gocompare price and the quidco after cashback price. It's particularly relevant to things like insurance as you aren't buying anything physical and the price is actually quite fluid.

When you then factor in the different rates that totalcashback offer it can be quite time consuming finding the lowest price! Worth it I think but definitely time consuming.

Have they sold out of studios at OKW for next August? For my dates it's only showing 1 bed as available.

10/08 for 14 nights.

We were after 10th for 21 nights and also noticed no studios, even moving to a later departure didn't show any so possibly booked. The free dining has been available before remember, this is second round.

Just booked ssr studio room from 20th October 2013 for 14 nights for £1846 with free dining. Was pleased with that price. Not sure how we will get on in the studio as only stayed in a 1 or 2 bed before but as only myself,dh and dd are going next year we didn't see the point if anything larger.

Just booked ssr studio room from 20th October 2013 for 14 nights for £1846 with free dining. Was pleased with that price. Not sure how we will get on in the studio as only stayed in a 1 or 2 bed before but as only myself,dh and dd are going next year we didn't see the point if anything larger.

That's a fantastic price for an SSR studio and only works out at £132 per night with food and tickets, well done with getting that price.

We were checking prices with Disney for November 2013 and the best we can get (without quidco discount) is £2,552.20 for an OKW studio with food and tickets.

Once you've experienced a 1 or 2-bed it can be a little disappointing when you first stay in a studio but as you have park tickets and free dining you'll only really need the room for a place to sleep in. The one-beds are great if you're not on the dining plan or are not visiting the parks daily.

That's a fantastic price for an SSR studio and only works out at £132 per night with food and tickets, well done with getting that price.

We were checking prices with Disney for November 2013 and the best we can get (without quidco discount) is £2,552.20 for an OKW studio with food and tickets.

Once you've experienced a 1 or 2-bed it can be a little disappointing when you first stay in a studio but as you have park tickets and free dining you'll only really need the room for a place to sleep in. The one-beds are great if you're not on the dining plan or are not visiting the parks daily.

I assumed the price was without tickets.

Thanks Wayne, now I understand, price quoted doesn't include the park tickets, I thought for one minute that there might be another glitch in Disney's pricing system.

Thanks Wayne, now I understand, price quoted doesn't include the park tickets, I thought for one minute that there might be another glitch in Disney's pricing system.

Now that would tempt me onsite again.:goodvibes

I was number crunching yesterday, it works out about £50/nt, £1,000 for 3 weeks more for us to return to OKW compared to offsite so a glitch would be the only way I can see us back at OKW : (

Now that would tempt me onsite again.:goodvibes

I was number crunching yesterday, it works out about £50/nt, £1,000 for 3 weeks more for us to return to OKW compared to offsite so a glitch would be the only way I can see us back at OKW : (

Yes Wayne, we are also number crunching and have not yet decided on Disney's latest deal, we are members of DVC and the discount over the previous years made it more economical for us to book the free dining and heavily discounted rooms at OKW. But with the large jump in prices, DVC and staying off site is proving in many ways to be more attractive to us, so back to the numbers just to make sure.

Noticed from your last trip report (really enjoyed reading it) that for part of your holiday you did have 2-studios in your party at OKW, if that were to happen again and both parties were going to be staying for the same or almost the same amount of time, it might be just slightly cheaper to have a 2-bed instead of two studios and then you will have the benefit of the larger rooms?

Noticed from your last trip report (really enjoyed reading it) that for part of your holiday you did have 2-studios in your party at OKW, if that were to happen again and both parties were going to be staying for the same or almost the same amount of time, it might be just slightly cheaper to have a 2-bed instead of two studios and then you will have the benefit of the larger rooms?

There was about £100 (£50/family) saving.
We have done a few trips(5 or 6) now with friends & relatives, enjoyed every one, sharing space with others is certainly not our type of holiday. Our first visit on 1993 was with relatives, get on with them as well as anyone we know after a week they had to get another place, thankfully we still get on great with them(they are coming over this weekend) we still have a good laugh about that trip but I wouldn't risk any friendship by sharing a room/villa/condo again.

We have done a few trips(5 or 6) now with friends & relatives, enjoyed every one, sharing space with others is certainly not our type of holiday. Our first visit on 1993 was with relatives, get on with them as well as anyone we know after a week they had to get another place, thankfully we still get on great with them(they are coming over this weekend) we still have a good laugh about that trip but I wouldn't risk any friendship by sharing a room/villa/condo again.

i totally understand, we are travelling (hopefully) and possibly staying at the same resort as eldest ds bff, he wants us to get rooms together... now while i dont mind meeting up for pool time or drinks, i dont want to have them with us all the time, its my family time...iyswim....

sounds harsh but its the only time we dont argue constantly lmao!!

Understand fully, we've had similar trips many years ago and it can get very stressful, but bear in mind that at OKW about half of the 2-beds are classed as lock-offs and these are a combination of a 1-bed with connecting doors to a studio on the side.

The studio has its own entrance and key as does the 1-bed and so the connecting doors need not be opened at all, so two separate units.

Therefore, if a 2-bed lock-off can be requested and guaranteed it does give larger parties a better overall room layout compared to two studios and at a comparable price.

The other types are classed as dedicated 2-beds and these have a second sink and vanity in place of the small studio kitchen, there's also no exterior door from the studio so only one entrance into the 2-bed unit and these are definitely not recommended for two different parties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter