From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got on cafe press and they appear to take the Mickey front, but I cannot get the logo on the back to be bigger than a postage stamp. Please help me!!

I customized and ordered our shirts yesterday and this morning I got an e-mail from Zazzle telling me my order was canceled. The information on the shirt was copyrighted.

Result: Not Approved
Content Issues:
--- Design contains an image or text that is copyrighted.

Did anyone else get canceled or is this just going to be a sign of the kind of Monday I'm going to have. sigh :sad1:

So now what? Any ideas? What would be the copyrighted parts to change. Plus, I have no idea how to change the picture. I used the Panama map from Jeff for the back and the small Mickey shaped head with map inside on the front.

Happy Monday to everyone......
Barb

Just a reminder to everyone - if you have a paint program and an ink-jet printer, you can make your own T-Shirts quite easily. Doing your own iron-on shirts can be a fun project, and they even have special paper now that will work on colored shirts (though I prefer just to use a plain white T-shirt).

It's also a lot cheaper. :rolleyes1

Just a reminder to everyone - if you have a paint program and an ink-jet printer, you can make your own T-Shirts quite easily. Doing your own iron-on shirts can be a fun project, and they even have special paper now that will work on colored shirts (though I prefer just to use a plain white T-shirt).

I think we are going to look at that option. Can't decide what i want on my shirt yet...

Well..welcome to sunny California...currently 115 degrees here .. ugh!

Actually, there t-shirts are MUCH cheaper (www.vistaprint.com in US). How was the quality of the t-shirt and logo on the shirt? I now they charge a fee for uploaded graphics but the t-shirts are less than $7.00 and I believe the image upload is a one time fee of less than $5. And, it doesn't look like they have kids sizes.

I've used Vistaprint for other stuff (mousepads and mugs) and the quality was quite nice. Actually they do a lot of freebies for post its and what not. Let me talk with Jeff and see what he says.

I got on cafe press and they appear to take the Mickey front, but I cannot get the logo on the back to be bigger than a postage stamp. Please help me!!

Cafe Press will reject anything Disney. They'll let you make stuff, but they'll up front tell you no when they review the product.

Cheaper, yes, quality no. Jeff and I did this for a number of shirts for scavenger hunts, and after a washing or two (sometimes 3) the shirt looks like crud. So yes, cheaper, and if you only wear the shirt for the cruise, it's fine. Jeff and I usually wear the stuff later on.

I'll ask Jeff to look into Vista Print.

Cafe Press did this on shirts for us for the Mediterranean Cruise in 2007

diswebbanner_hiresx1-1.jpg

Actually, there t-shirts are MUCH cheaper (www.vistaprint.com in US). How was the quality of the t-shirt and logo on the shirt? I now they charge a fee for uploaded graphics but the t-shirts are less than $7.00 and I believe the image upload is a one time fee of less than $5. And, it doesn't look like they have kids sizes.

To be honest, those were the only T-shirts I've ever made so I have nothing to compare them to! The quality is ok, about average if I had to rate it. And unfortunately, they don't have children's sizes. I had to make them myself with iron-on transfers.

Cafe Press did this on shirts for us for the Mediterranean Cruise in 2007

diswebbanner_hiresx1-1.jpg
That amazes me. They absolutely rejected the image for this cruise. (Jeff tried on Cafe Press first) In '05 they rejected half of our images (the ones that were more Disney).
Y'all can try, but they've already rejected the image for Jeff.

I am joining the group with no luck on the sweatshirts. I had a hard time figuring out how to personalize it. I guess I will wear the one from 2008 that we got on the ship.

Is anyone keeping a list of those going to Disneyland after the cruise? I think I read way back that there was a group staying at Paradise Pier. We just made reservations there.

Spent the weekend working on my FE gifts.I hope everyone likes them. It has been a lot of work but also a lot of fun.

I e-mailed Zazzle this morning and haven't heard back from them. So their problem is with the Mickey shape that we are putting on the front?

Can someone who is "computer talented" help those of us who are not and design a small something we can put on the front? Maybe a DIS logo. Or is that copyrighted? Or something else that is more creative?

And now I won't get the free shipping I had yesterday!

Please help! And could the new acceptable options please be added to the Zazzle site with the Panama Canal map that Jeff has under monorailpilot?
That would make it a lot easier for those of us who don't know what we are doing when we try to customize the shirt. I had a hard time getting the Mickey shape to a place where I could then import it!

Thanks for all the helpers out there! We'll get shirts yet.
Barb

Would this help?

PCCruiseBadge2a.jpg

It is the Magic (as I have only been on the Magic). If anyone has a decent picture of the Wonder, I could substitute it.

--Kay

I tried to go in to order my certificate for the crossing and it says the document is gone. I tried to order mine when the link first went up but it would never let me connect. Am I to late?

I hope I didn't miss it!

Thanks!

Ok...so don't shoot me! Since we chose not to go with a lanyard for a FE gift...

I decided I really want a personalized lanyard for this cruise so I have been looking at the company I used for our 2008 PC cruise.

They went up a little in price but not bad.. they come to $1.50 each with the name tag holder (for those nice name tags Cardidog is making us!). They will be black with Dis-green writing.

Here is a picture of the 2008 lanyards we had made.

100_2982.jpg

Sorry for the smallpicture..somewhere I have a larger one..but it's just to get the general idea of the colors. As for the saying..I'm not sure yet...the saying repeats but there are 52 character spaces.

If you are interested in ordering any - I will be happy to order them and get the money from you later. If you want them shipped to you before the cruise, I will figure out postage. To make sure we don't get allmixed up in the holiday mailing...I will make the deadline to order them .. October 21...If you have a suggestion for a saying..let me know. Also..when you order..could you let me know your cabin #. Thanks!

Right now I have Our WONDERful Cruise - Panama Canal - January 2011 but I am open to suggestions!

Thanks!

Love It!

Ok...so don't shoot me! Since we chose not to go with a lanyard for a FE gift...

I decided I really want a personalized lanyard for this cruise so I have been looking at the company I used for our 2008 PC cruise.

They went up a little in price but not bad.. they come to $1.30 each with the name tag holder (for those nice name tags Cardidog is making us!). They will be black with Dis-green writing.

100_2982.jpg

Sorry for the smallpicture..somewhere I have a larger one..but it's just to get the general idea of the colors. As for the saying..I'm not sure yet...the saying repeats but there are 52 character spaces.

If you are interested in ordering any - I will be happy to order them and get the money from you later. If you want them shipped to you before the cruise, I will figure out postage. To make sure we don't get allmixed up in the holiday mailing...I will make the deadline to order them .. October 21...If you have a suggestion for a saying..let me know.

Right now I have Our WONDERful Cruise - Panama Canal - January 2011 but I am open to suggestions!

Thanks!

I love everyone's ideas for shirts. This is the only picture I have of the Wonder as we only cruised on it one time. Whoos! It is the Magic! My mistake!!

074.jpg

They went up a little in price but not bad.. they come to $1.30 each with the name tag holder (for those nice name tags Cardidog is making us!). They will be black with Dis-green writing.

100_2982.jpg

If you are interested in ordering any - I will be happy to order them and get the money from you later. If you want them shipped to you before the cruise, I will figure out postage. To make sure we don't get allmixed up in the holiday mailing...I will make the deadline to order them .. October 21...If you have a suggestion for a saying..let me know.

Thanks!

LOVE IT SO MUCH! We had them for the Mediterranean Cruise and everyone loved them. I would be very much interested in buying them. Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter