From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now it's time to get back to MIL's. FIL passed away early Monday morning so we've been spending most free time over there.

Sorry to hear about your FIL. It is good you can spend time with your MIL at the moment.

rrbb, Im sorry about your fil, your poor mil is lucky to have you both.

Alan, Len was just on the phone to say I should catch the news to watch the new dreamliner taking off.

All this talk of toy story, I was looking at the cinema web sites, might go tom night I think, Im not keen on 3d, but what do you guys think?
I think the cinema near us doesnt do 3d or I could come back into edinburgh for 3d????

All this talk of toy story, I was looking at the cinema web sites, might go tom night I think, Im not keen on 3d, but what do you guys think?
I think the cinema near us doesnt do 3d or I could come back into edinburgh for 3d????

It should be on the ship in September I think Lynne. We are going to wait till then as it will be (sort of;)) free.

Toy Story 3 was ment for 3-D. They had it in mind when making the movie. Well we had a great day at Dosneyland. After our day in the parks I went to a Midnight showing of Inception. Man this move is not only really good but a total mind trip. I really liked it. It just maybe the best movie that was not animated I have seen all year.

It should be on the ship in September I think Lynne. We are going to wait till then as it will be (sort of;)) free.
Well its funny you should say that because.....

I went on the odeon web site and its £9.90 plus a booking fee each:scared1: am I getting old or miserable( yes,I know..both) but thats a bit steep, Now I know why I never go to the cinema much! I was really going to see it to get me excited about the cruise (as if I need that) but now I think about it, its the kids holidays and it might be a bit,what can I say...frustrating.
I am with you Marilyn, I will see it on the Magic.
Toy Story 3 was ment for 3-D. They had it in mind when making the movie. Well we had a great day at Dosneyland. After our day in the parks I went to a Midnight showing of Inception. Man this move is not only really good but a total mind trip. I really liked it. It just maybe the best movie that was not animated I have seen all year.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Well its funny you should say that because.....

I went on the odeon web site and its £9.90 plus a booking fee each:scared1: am I getting old or miserable( yes,I know..both) but thats a bit steep, Now I know why I never go to the cinema much! I was really going to see it to get me excited about the cruise (as if I need that) but now I think about it, its the kids holidays and it might be a bit,what can I say...frustrating.
I am with you Marilyn, I will see it on the Magic.

Well, there are kid's on the ship, so it might me a tad, what can I say.....frustrating, there too!!!!! However, if we go later at night or perhaps on a port day it might be better.

My experience onboard was that it was the parents who were annoying. I don't know why, though it is often the same at WDW in the 3d shows. They seemed to think they had to explain everything to the children, or laugh the loudest, or make silly comments. I just can't understand that at all. Children being a bit itchy bum or whatever, or asking funny questions etc 'can' be funny, but not the adults.

Well, there are kid's on the ship, so it might me a tad, what can I say.....frustrating, there too!!!!! However, if we go later at night or perhaps on a port day it might be better.

My experience onboard was that it was the parents who were annoying. I don't know why, though it is often the same at WDW in the 3d shows. They seemed to think they had to explain everything to the children, or laugh the loudest, or make silly comments. I just can't understand that at all. Children being a bit itchy bum or whatever, or asking funny questions etc 'can' be funny, but not the adults.

Trust me, the kids on the disney ship are not like the kids you get in the cinema beside me, last time they were throwing popcorn at everyone,spraying coke, had feet on the back of chair, I turned around and there shoe had almost pinned me by the hair to the chair, you know I have late dinner always and I can honestly say the kids were so good at dinner times, actually at most times they were good.
In my experiance (me and Shaunie) she know more about what is going on than me!

Trust me, the kids on the disney ship are not like the kids you get in the cinema beside me, last time they were throwing popcorn at everyone,spraying coke, had feet on the back of chair, I turned around and there shoe had almost pinned me by the hair to the chair, you know I have late dinner always and I can honestly say the kids were so good at dinner times, actually at most times they were good.
In my experiance (me and Shaunie) she know more about what is going on than me!

I so agree about UK cinemas. I miss the days of having a cinema attendant, or whatever they were called who stood at the back during the films and dealt with troublemakers. Anyone making a noise got the torch light shone on them. Mind you they would probably get beaten up these days if they challenged anyone!:sad2: (I didn't mention late dinners at all though did I??)

Good morning, Happy Cruisers!

RRBB, sorry to hear about your fil. You have our sympathy.

There was a 'rip-snorter' of a thunderstorm here last night - the lightening was practically continuous. We were without power for a couple hours right at bedtime. Came on later and woke us both from a fitful sleep - and it was STILL thundering. This morning, all is calm, but very wet and humid - another Florida Morning in New York.

FE gifts. . . hmm. I really must think about that. I don't think I'll make anything hand made this time - too many projects on the plate for fall. . . but I could sure use some ideas.

Happy Day, all!

I'm eagerly awaiting Virgin America's SF to Orlando service - that theoretically should be available by then. Since Southwest fares for when we want to travel are already absurd, we figure there's no harm in waiting - even if Virgin America delays the route even more, there's at least a chance we'll see a sale between now and say, September. :sad2:

Fares for when we want to travel are also already absurd...and when you look at the seating charts, only a handful of seats are sold. So I am also hoping prices will drop...I am checking on a daily basis.

One day I saw a great rate back from L.A., and was stupid not to book it right away. I waited to talk to DH and DG (grandpa) because it was not non-stop, and would require one connection. By the time I went back, the fare had jumped $400! Oh well...I can only hope it comes back down.

Does anyone know, when airlines release new dates, when do they release them? At midnight, or later in the morning (8am, 9am)? Just wondering when I need to be standing by at my computer for the JB release tomorrow.

Quick note to say I finally got the site updated (List and Link to new thread). I'll get the map updated later today. If you aren't on the list, I missed your PM or e-mail so please resend. If I missed a pic, please resend.

I'm still working on the zazzle image as I need to get the one we have resized which is taking some work to make it clean. I've also modified it a little with the creator's permission and approval to make it work a bit better on the shirt. I'm hoping this week.

For those who don't know, I umpire little league baseball and with tournament time, the last month has been insane. I have managed to be umpiring something like 25 of the last 30 days and managed to not have Jen kill me for it. :) The good news is, it all stops very soon :)

Quick note to say I finally got the site updated (List and Link to new thread). I'll get the map updated later today. If you aren't on the list, I missed your PM or e-mail so please resend. If I missed a pic, please resend.

I'm still working on the zazzle image as I need to get the one we have resized which is taking some work to make it clean. I've also modified it a little with the creator's permission and approval to make it work a bit better on the shirt. I'm hoping this week.

For those who don't know, I umpire little league baseball and with tournament time, the last month has been insane. I have managed to be umpiring something like 25 of the last 30 days and managed to not have Jen kill me for it. :) The good news is, it all stops very soon :)

Thats cause she loves you:love:

Is everyone making there own fish extenders? I sent my screen name to add to tigfanjeff. We are on there with a pic. Jimmy and Jane 7514. Anyone going to Disneyland while in California? First trip there and might not ever get the chance again.

Is everyone making there own fish extenders? I sent my screen name to add to tigfanjeff. We are on there with a pic. Jimmy and Jane 7514. Anyone going to Disneyland while in California? First trip there and might not ever get the chance again.

Hi Jimmy & Jane!

I can tell you, I am not making my FE! I've made several in the past, but a dear sweet friend offered and I did NOT turn her down:laughing:

Quite a few of us are apparently going to DL, after the cruise. Can't WAIT!

Hi...
Because of luggage wt retrictions we wont be doing fe stuff.
We wont be going to disney land either:guilty: no time left! but plenty of others are going.

Welcome!

I am in the process of making my FE. I had one but it was Magic specific so I decided to make a new one. Thing is, I am hand sewing it! Might take me a while!

As far as Disneyland, doesn't look like we are going to make it since DH has to return to work. There is a slight possibility that DD and I will stay for a few days but most likely we'll all return home together. I do really want to go but would rather wait until DS and DH can go too.

Hello Jimmy and Jane. No FE here. Since I live about 30 min from DL I can safely say I will be going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter