From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Len and I were away up North over the weekend, len done a marathon(clever dick), I done a half, I beat my pb by 3 mins, I managed 2hrs 11mins:cool1:
I am pretty pleased, more pleased really that after missing 2 races because of injuries I have struggled to fix out my achillies problems.... I actually managed to finsih.:cutie:

WTG Len and Lynn! Congrats!!!
Jack is feeling better. It actually wasn't an ear infection, but a sinus infection. He's bounced back quite well, thanks for asking!

Glad to hear he is better! So sad when the little ones are sick.

Well, we're enjoying some cooler weather (mid 80s) and rain today and that should continue till tomorrow. We had a lot of rain earlier in the summer but it has been quite dry since then. This rain is much needed!

I guess it's the first day back to work for a lot of people after a long weekend. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Congrats, and that is a great time if it's your pb!

Jack is feeling better. It actually wasn't an ear infection, but a sinus infection. He's bounced back quite well, thanks for asking!
Glad he is getting better.
I'm allowed to have senior moments nowadays!!! :rotfl2: I did wonder if I had already mentioned it!!;)

How do you feel today after the run? Are you working? How is the packing/organising going?

I feel good thanks, I packed my make up and nail varnish today:rotfl:
YOU?

Well done Lynne & Len!! Maybe in 2012 you guys will run the Disney?

Jen, Glad to hear the baby feels better!

Any news on the doggles? You must be frantic. I hope someone didn't steal them :scared1:

Glad he is getting better.

I feel good thanks, I packed my make up and nail varnish today:rotfl:
YOU?

I need both of those before we leave!! Last minute things.

I have gone through the documents and sorted them. Been shopping. Just finished helping a neighbour do her Esta application as today is the last day for a free one. The site is so busy and slow. Anyway she is pending(I believe a lot are with it being so busy), so I will check for her on Friday, and then will have to leave it with her and her daughter to sort if no good by then.

We're going to try to do a mini meet and greet at Bay Lake on the 5th for those of us staying at WDW the night before we depart.

Jeff is still working on the Zazzle image. He's a bit swamped right now and not meeting his self-imposed deadlines. He's picking up all the slack from me and school....

We have a dinner reservation on the 5th at LeCellier at 7:15. I don't know what time you had in mind, but I think we will be doing as many rides as possible until dinner.

We have a dinner reservation on the 5th at LeCellier at 7:15. I don't know what time you had in mind, but I think we will be doing as many rides as possible until dinner.

We're having lunch at LeCellier on the 4th! YUM!! My favorite restaurant at WDW!!! :) We couldn't get dinner reservations... was totally booked for dinner the days we're there by the time I made all of our dinner reservations.

Len and I were away up North over the weekend, len done a marathon(clever dick), I done a half, I beat my pb by 3 mins, I managed 2hrs 11mins:cool1:
I am pretty pleased, more pleased really that after missing 2 races because of injuries I have struggled to fix out my achillies problems.... I actually managed to finsih.:cutie:

Wow, that is sooo great!! Congratulations on the races! 2:11 is a great time! Good for you!! :cheer2:

I've done so many 1/2 marathons and a couple marathons a ton of shorter races (5K, 10K), amongst triathlons, too. I love to run (hence my screen name!)

But, I'm still dealing with a severe ankle injury, so I haven't been able to run for almost 7 months now.... driving me crazy! :sad2: But, that is ok. I have a lot of great things I am doing and able to focus on, and I am thankful that the rest of me is very healthy, so I really don't have much to complain about! :)

I am currently having problems with my Achillies (as well as a few other things in my ankle), so whatever was wrong with your Achillies, I sympothize! ;)

My goal (fingers crossed) is that I'll be able to run the Castaway Cay 5K!!! I hope hope hope I can do it! We'll see... that is 4 months from now. I will have to be able to start running first, though! Hard to say when that will be at this point.

Anyway, congrats on your achievment! I bet you feel great!!

Take care,
kathy

Has anyone ever used the dining plan at DL? Is it worth it? We purchased it and now I am not sure if this is what I want. It has been several years since I have been there - the last year the Magic sailed from the west coast. I need some dining tips for our three day stay and if it is worth buying this plan.

We always felt the dining plan was worth it at WDW, but now sure about DL. HELP:scared1:

Well done Lynne & Len!! Maybe in 2012 you guys will run the Disney?

Jen, Glad to hear the baby feels better!

Any news on the doggles? You must be frantic. I hope someone didn't steal them :scared1:
yes, that is DEFINATLY the plan !!!!! I e-mailed them today to ask the dates, 5-8th in 2012:thumbsup2
Wow, that is sooo great!! Congratulations on the races! 2:11 is a great time! Good for you!! :cheer2:

I've done so many 1/2 marathons and a couple marathons a ton of shorter races (5K, 10K), amongst triathlons, too. I love to run (hence my screen name!)

But, I'm still dealing with a severe ankle injury, so I haven't been able to run for almost 7 months now.... driving me crazy! :sad2: But, that is ok. I have a lot of great things I am doing and able to focus on, and I am thankful that the rest of me is very healthy, so I really don't have much to complain about! :)

I am currently having problems with my Achillies (as well as a few other things in my ankle), so whatever was wrong with your Achillies, I sympothize! ;)

My goal (fingers crossed) is that I'll be able to run the Castaway Cay 5K!!! I hope hope hope I can do it! We'll see... that is 4 months from now. I will have to be able to start running first, though! Hard to say when that will be at this point.

Anyway, congrats on your achievment! I bet you feel great!!

Take care,
kathy

I had terrible trouble with achillies tendon but seem to have gotton over it, Im not sure I love to run but I do it to keep fit.
thanks for your kind words.
I know it drives us nuts when its not an option to run.:dance3:

Take care,
kathy

Good luck!!! I plan on running the CC 5k. I've only ran one 5K race and it was in May. It was hot and humid (high 80's, humidity near 100%) and there were 2 overpasses to run over twice each (and I hadn't practiced on hills at all) and I finished in 30:00:04. I was 54 out of 262 for my age group so I guess it was okay but I was hoping to finish with a better time. I haven't really been running much so I guess I need to more often. :goodvibes

We're having lunch at LeCellier on the 4th! YUM!! My favorite restaurant at WDW!!! :) We couldn't get dinner reservations... was totally booked for dinner the days we're there by the time I made all of our dinner reservations.

This was always a favorite of mine & my husband's and I know my grandson will love it. I booked it in July and the date & time I got was the only thing they had then during our stay. It is amazing how it books. I see where beginning in March it is going to two coupons on the dining plan. Glad they waited a few months!:yay:

Good luck with your running. I hope you are all ready in 4 months. I am content to walk Jasmine!

And speaking of dogs, have we heard anything about the two missing dogs? I can't quit thinking about them.

thank you!!!!

All the chat about PIF around here has saved my reservation. MY PIF date was listed as Oct 22. I am a compulsive planner (that's why were all here - no!?!). Budgeting falls under the catagory for me, so I had it all planned out to the Final Payment. All the talk about PIF s SEP 8 had me checking and guess what? My agent had my date wrong. I would likely never have checked if you all hadn't been chatting away about it. I don't even know what would have happened and I don't really want to but I imagine that they would have got me sorted out, but now they don't have to. I will make my payment for the SEP 8th deadline.

Whew:eek:

The dining plan at Disneyland is nothing like the dining plan at WDW. It is voucher based - paper vouchers, not electronically coded credits on your room key, and the vouchers are valued exactly at the price you prepaid and are issued in various increments (you get some $5 vouchers, some $10, some $20.) This results in the DL plan being strictly prepayment, with no opportunity for savings.

Also, you will NOT receive change for using the vouchers, so there's a possibility you will lose money if you don't spend their exact amount. (You can add some money when paying, you just can't get any back. For example, if you want to use a $5 voucher to buy a $3 bottle of Diet Coke, you would not get the $2 back. There would be two options: Find something eligible for purchase with the voucher that costs $2 and buy that with the Coke; or do something like buy a second $3 Coke and pay $1 in addition to the voucher.)

The vouchers are also not accepted at most, if not all, of the Downtown Disney restaurants, so if you want to eat there at all you may want to rethink the prepaid plan.

A certain amount of those vouchers are also designated for a character meal or meals. The number of character meals you get vouchers for depends on how long you stay. They'll also be designated for breakfast, lunch or dinner (if you buy a 3 day plan you will get vouchers for one character breakfast and something called Breakfast in the Park, for instance. Plus, the restaurants for the breakfasts will be pre-selected, you don't choose which one.) If you don't want a character meal, or the particular meal offered, don't do the plan. You also don't get the opportunity for a character meal every day.

I would not recommend the DL plan unless you are specifically only interested in prepayment (and even then it might be a partial prepayment, because depending on your plans, the vouchers you are given may not cover all your meals), and you plan to eat most if not all of your meals inside the Disneyland parks or at the Disneyland resorts.

It also sounds as though with the paper vouchers, it is exactly like using money, except you don't get any change. I don't see the advantage (I have no interest in prepayment for convenience).

I see where beginning in March it is going to two coupons on the dining plan.

Regarding Le Cellier, starting March 1 it will be two dining plan credits for DINNER ONLY. Lunch will still be one credit.

Good luck!!! I plan on running the CC 5k. I've only ran one 5K race and it was in May. It was hot and humid (high 80's, humidity near 100%) and there were 2 overpasses to run over twice each (and I hadn't practiced on hills at all) and I finished in 30:00:04. I was 54 out of 262 for my age group so I guess it was okay but I was hoping to finish with a better time. I haven't really been running much so I guess I need to more often. :goodvibes

Thats a pretty good time, thats 6 miles per hour, thats what my pace was at the weekend. And I was running loads to get to that pace.

TDC Nala, Jeff and I had lunch at Le Cellier on Saturday. Hadn't been in a very long time and it was wonderful. If you go, ask for Patrick as your server

Ok..decision made..October 24th it is! And actually..the picnic area sounds like a great idea so that no one feels they can't join us. We will meet there at 1:30PM on Sunday, October 24th!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

PERFECT! Sorry you can't join us, Alan, but I guess we'll have plenty of time to get together on the ship! Or maybe the night before the cruise at WDW.

My only question is, there will be other people at the picnic area, so how are we going to identify ourselves?? Anyone have any fun ideas?

Linda, is there any chance of putting this info on the first page, and Jeff, maybe on the website? It would be great for new families to know about it.

The dining plan at Disneyland is nothing like the dining plan at WDW. It is voucher based - paper vouchers, not electronically coded credits on your room key, and the vouchers are valued exactly at the price you prepaid and are issued in various increments (you get some $5 vouchers, some $10, some $20, etc.) This results in the DL plan being strictly prepayment, with no opportunity for savings.

Also, you will NOT receive change for using the vouchers, so there's a possibility you will lose money if you don't spend their exact amount. (You can add some money when paying, you just can't get any back).

The vouchers are also not accepted at most, if not all, of the Downtown Disney restaurants, so if you want to eat there at all you may want to rethink the prepaid plan.

A certain amount of those vouchers are also designated for a character meal or meals. The number of character meals you get vouchers for depends on how long you stay. They'll also be designated for breakfast, lunch or dinner (if you buy a 3 day plan you will get vouchers for two character breakfasts, for instance.) If you don't want a character meal, or the particular meal offered, don't do the plan. You also don't get the opportunity for a character meal every day.

I would not recommend the DL plan unless you are specifically only interested in prepayment (and even then it might be a partial prepayment, because depending on your plans, the vouchers you are given may not cover all your meals), and you plan to eat most if not all of your meals inside the Disneyland parks or at the Disneyland resorts.

Regarding Le Cellier, starting March 1 it will be two dining plan credits for DINNER ONLY. Lunch will still be one credit.
What would be your suggestions for dinner reservations for three nights at DL?

Just a shout out to the runners. I have been battling Achilles tendonopathy for 2 years+. Just started running again a couple of months ago and am slow as molasses (and a tad portly) but choosing to ignore their objections. In physio 1x per week and doing OK but SLOW. Will likely put my earplugs in so that I do not hear the tendons cries and run the 5k at CC. DD would also like to run it, so that will be fun for me!

thank you!!!!

All the chat about PIF around here has saved my reservation. MY PIF date was listed as Oct 22. I am a compulsive planner (that's why were all here - no!?!). Budgeting falls under the catagory for me, so I had it all planned out to the Final Payment. All the talk about PIF s SEP 8 had me checking and guess what? My agent had my date wrong. I would likely never have checked if you all hadn't been chatting away about it. I don't even know what would have happened and I don't really want to but I imagine that they would have got me sorted out, but now they don't have to. I will make my payment for the SEP 8th deadline.

Oh, I'm SO glad! I was worried about that, actually, and hoping you would see that! What an odd date to have listed, though. It's not like it relates to something else. Not even the wrong month, different day, or exactly 75 days out or anything like that. Very odd. Anyway, glad it worked out with no hassle for you (other than needing to come up with the money sooner than you had planned, which can be a serious hassle, of course!)

thank you!!!!

Well I am glad you got sorted. I bet your TA would have got an email from DCL telling her you hadn't paid but the warning I got from Dreams was that DCL would cancel the booking straight away. Whether that would actually happen i didn't want to find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter