From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant mind what I was going to say to the quotes from last thread, oh well never mind,
I hate bingo, when we were little my gran used to take us when she was babysitting us, we had to be quiet for hours, she used to bribe us with all sorts not to tell our parents, cash alwasy worked:rotfl2:

:cool1: Whoo-Whoo! Thread 4! :cool1:

DH and I won $300 the first time we played Bingo, and haven't won since. Now we just do final jackpot.

FYI for everyone needing an updated cabin/ FE count. Jeff is updating the website tonight/ tomorrow at the latest.

P.S. Who else plans to play Bingo?

Bingo is a total experience on DCL - there is dancing and singing and cheering.

You can sit in the room and watch (not as fun, but it is free).

You can buy electronic cards (and I think they might still have regular ones, but they might not).

Come by and cheer us on! :cheer2:

Four threads! Rock on.

My ILs are taking a very boring cruise to South America a few weeks before we are. They can't understand why we would take DCL cruise. The thread they have on a different board has it a whopping three pages.

Bought more SM gifts last weekend at Company D along with some adorable shirts. Now we REALLY have to keep all the cruise things in its own box when we move.

Does anyone have a link to the Castaway Cay Tram announcement they can post or PM me - I'm feeling nostalgic.

:cool2:

P.S. Who else plans to play Bingo?

You can buy electronic cards (and I think they might still have regular ones, but they might not).

We're bingo junkies, so we'll definitely be there!!!!

The bingo team is the best!!!! B11, B B 11!!!!:banana::banana::lmao:

They still do both bingo bots and paper cards. I'll be there with my trusty bingo bot in hand.:laughing:

There's a pass called, I believe, the Premier Pass that is an annual pass for both DL & WDW.

It is called a Premier Pass. It is equivalent of a Premium annual pass at WDW and a Premium annual pass at DL. Street value of the two is close to 1100 bucks. So at seven hundred plus tax on half, I could care less that there is no DVC discount as I already save almost $400 off the street value and about $300 off using DVC discounts. A great value if you ate going to use it if you ask me.

Found you!

You guys were busy chatting today :thumbsup2

Never won anything at Bingo, but will probably give it a go again. Maybe this time we will be lucky (3rd times a charm right! :confused3)

-Kay

I am singing already......B11, BB11.....:rotfl2:
I22--quack, quack

YOUR turn to win Shoshie

We would love to part of the post card group. Our home is in a World Heritage National Park west of Sydney in Australia.

I too was looking at private tours in Manzanillo but have discovered issues with safety including the road being blocked by thieves etc. Although we would love to see the volcano and also the ruins (one tour was a Colonial Tour) we don't want to risk injury or not being able to get back to port in time. What a shame crime is such a huge issue in Mexico at the moment.

We ended up changing our one verandah stateroom to two connecting ocean view rooms. I hope we will not be disappointed but we found the EBTA a bit too cosy with the four of us in one stateroom.

i would like to sign up for fish extender group...but i do not know the link can someone point me in the right direction? and also all the other fun disboard stuff

Good Morning Everyone!! I don't feel like I'm new to this thread because I've been following it since this summer. We booked the cruise on the 1st day it came out and then rebooked it when we were on the EBTA! We have 11A GTY. There will be 4 of us, my sister(Tammy), her daughter (Disneyana),my mom(Betty or Nanny), and me(Janice). My mom lives in South Carolina and the rest of us live in Texas. Santa is giving Disneyana this trip(and a BTB on the dream in September) for Christmas so its very hard on us not to talk about it in front of her. She is 10 years old and I homeschool her so we don't have to worry about taking her out of school. We've already signed up for FE, bracelets, nametags and the PC certificates. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!!!
Welcome! Our 11 YO DD is homeschooled. She is really looking forward to meeting new friends on the ship. There are quite a few tween girls so I'm sure they'll all have a lot fun and meet a lot of new friends! We're in Texas too BTW! I just looked at our website and it shows you're in Katy. We're in Pearland!

My daughter had such a bad experience at the dentist when she was 3 (she had no cavities or anything - the dentist was just mean) that she was hysterical everytime I took her. Luckily she is doing much better and at age 13 - still no cavities so I am thankful for that!
That is what happened with Haley. The dentist was very rough and mean. And it was a pediatric dentist! You would think they would be very caring to kids!

Sorry she didn't get them off this time - sending pixie dust that she gets them off in time for the cruise!
Thanks! She wants them off but she said "Well, if they're not off, at least I won't have my retainer to worry about." Good that she's looking at the bright side and not just moping about it. :goodvibes

And :worship: to you for clipping coupons. I need to be better at it than I am.
I used to be much better at my couponing. Never went grocery shopping w/o them and always saved more than 50%. I got out of them for awhile but recently started getting back into it because I know I can save a ton. I saved $34 today, which was 21% so I'm pretty happy. For one week, that's not bad.

Laura - Thanks for your kind words. Our children and grandchildren were always the world to us. Our dil was never nice and now she is impossible. I have just decided I must live my life the best I can and give my love as dh and I always did. This is what he would want me to do. Life is too short to let her make me miserable and these boys too precious.

Things went well with my visit at the nursing home with my mil. I know now that I will be able to go back. She had no clue that I was there, but I talked to her for nearly half an hour and I will go back at least once a week or more often. She is 92 and has the most beautiful complection with not one wrinkle. I always said she gave them all to us.:lmao:Bless her poor heart.

I cannot believe we are on the 4th thread!:disrocks:
Earlier there was mention of no postmark on cards sent from the Panama Canal. The last time we mailed cards from Castaway Cay not one card we mailed was received. Makes you wonder. (Ha!) We sent them from the post office on the island and purchased postage there.:confused3

Laura - Thanks for your kind words. Our children and grandchildren were always the world to us. Our dil was never nice and now she is impossible. I have just decided I must live my life the best I can and give my love as dh and I always did. This is what he would want me to do. Life is too short to let her make me miserable and these boys too precious.

Hi Harole Ann,

If you'll bear with me on this, there was a most amazing lady on the WBTA. I'll relate her story vaguely. She was originally scheduled to be on the WBTA with her husband. About 6 months back, he passed suddenly so she cancelled. She went on the last 10 day with her DD and her family. They did all Disney related excursions. Close to the end of the cruise, she booked the WBTA solo and didn't tell her DD. They found out on the last days. They were a bit worried about her but in her words - "what could they do about it?"

This lady, we saw was kept very busy by most everyone. Our tablemates met her in Rocking Bar D and asked the rest of the tablemates to keep an eye on her. She did rather well on the cruise, kept busy (David paid a lot of attn to her) and was trying very hard to a good time. We ran into her on the last night and she finally cracked. However, her last words were - I know that he'd want me to have a good time and enjoy myself if I could but I do miss him. I have to make the most of my time and learn to enjoy life again.

Her words struck me immensely as my youngest is having a tough time with my MIL being gone so much. It has been 19 months since he passed and he was the glue that held that family together. I now understand that she has to keep busy but would love for her to comprehend that she has her granddaughter here that would love to spend time with her. In fact, she is coming back from her 2nd home after a 6 mos stay over there. Change is hard, but we must never forget that there are family members that can help remember the good times. Family is most precious and as chaotic as we are, I know that in time of need, we will be there for each other. Hang in there Harole Ann, your extended family will be there for you and as my mom tells me, maybe its just envy of the love that your grandchildren have for their grandparent. ::yes:: that's it.

BTW, I posted a picture of Lynnise on my sight - it should show up on that other site. ;)

86 days and counting.

Things went well with my visit at the nursing home with my mil. I know now that I will be able to go back. She had no clue that I was there, but I talked to her for nearly half an hour and I will go back at least once a week or more often. She is 92 and has the most beautiful complection with not one wrinkle. I always said she gave them all to us.:lmao:Bless her poor heart.

I cannot believe we are on the 4th thread!:disrocks:
Earlier there was mention of no postmark on cards sent from the Panama Canal. The last time we mailed cards from Castaway Cay not one card we mailed was received. Makes you wonder. (Ha!) We sent them from the post office on the island and purchased postage there.:confused3

So glad your visit went well! It's great how often you will visit her.

We mailed a couple of cards from CC in December. Took awhile, but we did get them. Too bad yours never were received. Hopefully next time :goodvibes

We're bingo junkies, so we'll definitely be there!!!!

The bingo team is the best!!!! B11, B B 11!!!!:banana::banana::lmao:

They still do both bingo bots and paper cards. I'll be there with my trusty bingo bot in hand.:laughing:

What is a bingo bot? Is it an electronic card that highlights the numbers called for you? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of finding the numbers yourself? LOL sorry if this is a stupid question but I feel like I'm missing something...:confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter