From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going through the 20+ PMs in my inbox tonight. I promise I'll get things caught up. Really.
Thanks for organizing this. It sounds like there will be a lot of people participating. I cannot PM yet and still have GTY spot, but I will send it in when I know more.

i would like to sign up for fish extender group...but i do not know the link can someone point me in the right direction? and also all the other fun disboard stuff

Find out all about it on the first page of this thread. For the FE, please pm TigFan Jeff with your information for the website and to indicate your participation in the FE.

What is a bingo bot? Is it an electronic card that highlights the numbers called for you? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of finding the numbers yourself? LOL sorry if this is a stupid question but I feel like I'm missing something...:confused3

Never been on a DCL so I dont know their bingo bots, but when I played them in Reno they were fun. A little dog would appear in the lower corner and let you know when you were close what numbers you needed. The reason I liked them is they were always playing games like: picnic table, large kite, small kite etc. And I couldnt figure out the shapes! The ones I listed are easy I cant even remember some of the confusing ones. Bingo bots are great.

What is a bingo bot? Is it an electronic card that highlights the numbers called for you? Doesnt that defeat the purpose of finding the numbers yourself? LOL sorry if this is a stupid question but I feel like I'm missing something...:confused3

It is an electronic card -- it doesn't take the fun away -- just the insanity of having to find the numbers. It searches 36+ cards at the same time. :thumbsup2

http://www.tranquiloaruba.com

Where can we go for a sailboat ride, lunch, and some snorkeling in the most beautiful coastline this side of Venezuela? Tranquilo, a 43-foot charter sailboat in Aruba. Unfortunately, the DCL excursion is kind of short, a large group and requires you wear snorkel belts, so we found this outfit listed on tripadvisor.com. After reading the reviews and trading a few e-mails with the friendly guys who sail the tours,Anthony, here’s my pitch (not theirs): http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...nquilo_Charter_Cruises-San_Nicolas_Aruba.html

With 12 or more people to join Valerie and me (minimum 14), Tranquilo will sail us an hour south from the Wonder to a snorkeling paradise for two hours of water or dockside playtime, with the option of fishing, too.

The bay, Mike’s Reef is close to the De Palm Island and locals consider this one of Aruba’s best reef dives. Here, huge clusters of gorgonians, brain coral, flower coral, and star coral compose most of the environment, though brightly colored sponges have also grabbed some space. It is especially popular with underwater macro photographers, who specialize in close-up and extreme close-up photos. Interesting coral formations are found from shallow water depths, with little or no current and flat surface conditions.

You may also choose to try a different type of snorkeling, drift snorkeling. The Tranquilo will launch a small boat and accompany “drift snorkeling” passengers as the gentle currents carry us through deeper water, allowing us to relax as we watch for exotic fish and corals in “Aruba’s most virgin reef.” Sometimes en route, porpoise show up; flying fish are pretty regular guests. It might take a sharp eye to spot sea turtles, we’re told. Local birds include pelicans, brown ****ies (DISboards wont let me post the name of the bird because it thinks I am saying something naughty - hah), magnificent frigate, sea hawk, terns and laughing seagulls.

Cost: $75 each. We walk about 15 minutes from the Wonder to the marina, where we can board for a 9:30-3:30 trip, including narration, soup-and-sandwich lunch, fresh fruit, open bar, and snorkel gear if you don’t bring your own. Snorkel instructions and snorkel belts available if wanted.

The weather should be warm, and the water clear and in the 80s. Rain doesn’t stop a lagoon adventure – sometimes the water visibility is even better under overcast skies. Regardless, be sure to bring sunscreen and the essentials you’d usually want at the beach. Shade, a cabin, and a head (marine toilet) are available.

The family operating Tranquilo has been in the sail-tour business more than 30years, and operates this tour for others three days a week. Licensed by Netherlands Antilles authorities for 22 passengers plus crew, they can accommodate more than the 14 minimum explorers, if the demand is high. Children are welcome, as are guests with limited mobility (though there’s not much space for stowing wheelchairs aboard, we were advised).

PM you would like to join us for an exciting but tranquil day or if you have any questions. ValBob89

FYI for everyone needing an updated cabin/ FE count. Jeff is updating the website tonight/ tomorrow at the latest.

Thanks for your hard work. We are excited for FE!

We're bingo junkies, so we'll definitely be there!!!!

The bingo team is the best!!!! B11, B B 11!!!!:banana::banana::lmao:

They still do both bingo bots and paper cards. I'll be there with my trusty bingo bot in hand.:laughing:

I am singing already......B11, BB11.....:rotfl2:
I22--quack, quack

YOUR turn to win Shoshie

We love final jackpot bingo :)

http://www.tranquiloaruba.com

Where can we go for a sailboat ride, lunch, and some snorkeling in the most beautiful coastline this side of Venezuela? Tranquilo, a 43-foot charter sailboat in Aruba. Unfortunately, the DCL excursion is kind of short, a large group and requires you wear snorkel belts, so we found this outfit listed on tripadvisor.com. After reading the reviews and trading a few e-mails with the friendly guys who sail the tours,Anthony, here’s my pitch (not theirs): http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...nquilo_Charter_Cruises-San_Nicolas_Aruba.html

PM you would like to join us for an exciting but tranquil day or if you have any questions. ValBob89

Sounds like a nice tour.

Yeah for thread 4. I'll never be able to go back and read the other three but maybe can keep up with this one.

Found you guys.... I'm here. Nothing much to say. It's gonna be a long week at work with system upgrades, but I'll try to keep up here.

Wow! 4th thread and we still have a few months to go.

Like someone said in a former post- family is everything, but sometimes we don't realize it until someone dies. My mom was the heart and sole of our family and now that she is no longer here, we realized that she was the cement that held us all together. I believe she is still watching over us and protecting us.

She was able to enjoy a Disney cruise with us a few years ago and we will always have those memories.

I lost my mom in 1985 and can't help but think she would havve LOVED the disney cruises. my dad would have gone with us if he'd not gotten sick. i didn't plan too much or give the cruise too mch thought when he got sick cause if he was still sick, i wasn't going. since he passed - i can not believe it's been 3 months- i'm still so sad about it. looking forward to the cruise, but not like last cruises when we signed up and all i could do every day was go to cruise website. though maybe i'm not as bad as i think - i'm on this several times a day. cause if not, you guys get so ahead of me. so i know how you all area feeling. and my step mom has no clue who i am, but whenever she saw me, she got mad thinking i was my dad's younger g/f! it would have been funny if she wasnt so agitated. so i leave it to her DDs and my sister to go see her, sadly.

but you guys are so great! i can'twait to meet everyone and see the FE s and all! and the whales...
sherri

You have made a great choice with the Tranquilo. We have done the sunset cruise with them several times. Anthony is a regular contributor to an Aruba forum and serves the best pea soup for lunch on his daytime cruises. The Tranquilo is a beautiful sailboat painted a distinctive red color. He and his crew have participated in and won several races.

We plan to spend the day at the Divi Divi Beach since we own timeshare at the Divi Village. We usually spend 3 weeks on the island during January but thought the Panama Canal cruise was too good to pass up.

Woo Hoo!!! :cool1: My Texas Rangers just won their first ever playoff series and are no longer the only team in MLB that hasn't won a playoff series! Now, they face the New York Yankees which have given the Rangers many problems in the past. But, they split the season series with the Yankees! Looking forward to good series!

Finally changed my signature. It has been months since we took those cruises and since this one is right around the corner I figured it had to updated! :thumbsup2

Woo Hoo!!! :cool1: My Texas Rangers just won their first ever playoff series and are no longer the only team in MLB that hasn't won a playoff series! Now, they face the New York Yankees which have given the Rangers many problems in the past. But, they split the season series with the Yankees! Looking forward to good series!

I am hoping for a Rangers/Phillies World Series.

Manzinillo,sp, anyway, Is it feasible to walk from the ship up to the lighthouse do you think, Im not worried about how far/high, we walked to the top to see the apes in gibralter, just how safe it is?

Anyone any advice?

Also, we have snorkling booked in aruba and cabos I think,
Do you agree the water will be better in Aruba? I think you already said yes but just befre I cancel one.

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

IT's a nippy 36 degrees here in upstate new York this morning, with frost warnings out. I'm away to the pool and gym - still hoping to shed 10 more pounds before the cruise, but it will take a miracle!

Now working on making my holiday cards. I've decided to purchase my FE gifts.

Happy day, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter