Full Marathon Results

lizdotcom99

<font color=purple>Tags Have Been Donated<br><font
Hi There! I wanted to let you know that I talked to Lily a little while ago and she finished the full today with plenty of time to spare....so I guess that makes her a little Goofy and she has THREEmedals to prove it!

Way to go Lily! Cna't wait to hear of more good news!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I cheered for Lily on Main Street this morning and gave her a high five. She looked great! Way to go Lily! :worship:

Saw many of our other WISH friends in the Magic Kingdom. Everyone looked great in their WISH shirts. I know that Penny and Shane from Minnesota finished and got their Goofy medal. MelRhoads from Arkansas finished and got the Goofy medal. Carrie and Scott finished and got their Mickey medals. My DH finished and got his Mickey medal. He saw Cam and Howard cheering him on by the Yacht Club (Thanks guys!).

I am so proud of all my WISH friends! We did a great job in 2006! :grouphug:

Way to go Lily!! You rocked the half last year and sounds like you ROCKED this year! Way to go!

TXBelle said:
I cheered for Lily on Main Street this morning and gave her a high five. She looked great! Way to go Lily! :worship:

Saw many of our other WISH friends in the Magic Kingdom. Everyone looked great in their WISH shirts. I know that Penny and Shane from Minnesota finished and got their Goofy medal. MelRhoads from Arkansas finished and got the Goofy medal. Carrie and Scott finished and got their Mickey medals. My DH finished and got his Mickey medal. He saw Cam and Howard cheering him on by the Yacht Club (Thanks guys!).

I am so proud of all my WISH friends! We did a great job in 2006! :grouphug:

Oh yeah-- glad to hear everyone did so well!

I saw Cam and Howard too!! She cheered me on and I said something like "Go Wishers!" and she looked at me like I was nuts. (Lack of my own WISH shirt, I guess)

Great job everyone!!

Solotraveler :earsboy:

WOW!!! that is so amazing -- finishing a full marathon amazes me and i can't even comprehend the Goofy!!! i'm in awe.............seriously

YEAH LILY!!! I'm so proud of you girl! You are my new inspiration!!!

for the reports - I am just here a minute to "check" but I am so totally impressed!!!

WTG - everyone who competed and I am so TOTALLY IMPRESSED by how the WISHers did this weekend!

Karebear - you are right - who would have EVER THOUGHT that just one question would lead to a WHOLE BUNCH OF FOLKS getting in shape and competing and getting MEDALS - even - and man some getting 3 at once!!!!!

I can't wait to see pictures
and again

CONGRATULATIONS Everyone -
you were awesome - pictures - yes- I love to see pictures :flower3:

WAAY TO GO WISHERS!!!! You surely outshine the 2005 group. I had a dream the other night that I was able to do the half again this year. It felt awesome, so I think I know how you feel getting that GOOFY medal!!!!

Bev, you're right in saying "Look what we started". I think the WISH walkers are gonna be around for a long time. I look at my Donald medal every day. It truly was one of my greatest accomplishments.

You guys have my total awesome respect.

Lily -- we want to see pictures, both Marathon and Trail's end please

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Way to go, WISH team 2006 !!!!! I had a dream on Friday night that I was there to cheer everyone on, and on Saturday, I wore my "I DID IT" shirt in honour of all of you !

Heather, so happy you and DH were able to do this again. Did you have the girls this time to cheer you on?

Lily ... what can I say, except ... :worship: :worship: :worship: That's one for each of the 3 medals you're coming home with this time!

WISH I could have been there, not only to compete, but to cheer for those doing the full. ::yes:: Miss you guys lots. :sad1:

And yes, need pics please !!!

Mary-Liz

CONGRATULATIONS

Congratulations all you WISHers that competed in the marathon events this weekend!!!! WOW Lily that is awesome, completeing both the half and the full!!!!!

With all this marathon talk I am 99% sure that I will be signing up for the 1/2 next year. Hope to see all you there!

Cheryl

CONGRATULATIONS to all of the 2006 WISHERS! :banana: :banana: I got home from Disney yesterday so I saw people doing their early morning runs last week. Felt a little sad that I wasn't doing it this year when I saw the EPCOT parking lot being prepared.
Lily - what can I say? You are an amazing woman and a wonderful example for all of us! Can't wait for pictures!

Way to go, WISHers! :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2:

Lily, I didn't know you were going Goofy!!!!! You are amazing!!!! So are all the rest of you who went Goofy!!!!

Actually all of you who competed in this weekend's events, be it the half, the full or Goofy are truly an inspiration to me. I am determined to join you next year.

Now I'm off to look for pictures!

Way to go 2005 WISHERS! You've made me proud coming here and reading all the congrats! Isn't it just COOL??? So fun to see you all!

Now- you 2006 WISHWalkers- we want to hear ALL ABOUT IT! PLEASE!!! I'm sure if we hear your stories some of us will be back there next year with ya- Sounds to me like some of us are itching to relive the memories!

We saw Lily in Epcot going around World Showcase. We cheered her on and she looked just great.

Finally getting a chance to check in here! I ran on Sunday. What a great experience! I will right a detailed report today or tomorrow, but I was very happy with my race. My time was 4:48:31 and I was the 1500th female to cross the finish line.

I was hoping to keep up a 10 minute mile pace, but that was not be so I just slowed down a bit. I felt great until mile 23 when I started to take a few walking breaks. I ran 2:22 for this first half and 2:26 for the last half, I really wanted to be steady throughout the whole race, so I am thrilled with the run. Overall, very happy with whole trip. Met lots of great Wishers!

Colleen

We (crzy4pooh and me) made it to the finish in the allotted time.

Crzy4pooh -- 6:36:34 chip / 6:38:37 clock
me -- 5:32:26 chip / 5:34:28 clock

We actually felt pretty good the next day, other than a little stiffness but that was expected and it wasn't that bad.

I am sure that she will have more stories to tell but I was able to get a picture of a Wisher as she flew past me on the boardwalk. If I can ever get my computer fixed I will see if I can get it posted.

Hi all,

I plan to write a detailed report, too. But in the mean time, here are my stats:

Bib: 4371

Chip Time: 4:33:40
Clock Time: 4:35:33

10 mile: 1:41:47
Half 2:11:49
20 mile: 3:23:17
finish: 4:33:40

overall: 3313/10131 (top 32%)
division: 200/847 (top 23%)

I was totally happy until mile 18, still feeling good at mile 20, starting to hurt at mile 22 and nothing but sheer determination got me from 22 to the finish! Details to come soon!

It was sooooooo great getting to meet many of the WISH team!

Sunny

Congratulations Sunny! Great time, I wonder what your time would have been if you weren't on your feet all day Friday and Saturday? I think smokin'!! :worship:

Colleen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter