Full Marathon Results

wfloyd said:
We (crzy4pooh and me) made it to the finish in the allotted time.

Crzy4pooh -- 6:36:34 chip / 6:38:37 clock
me -- 5:32:26 chip / 5:34:28 clock

We actually felt pretty good the next day, other than a little stiffness but that was expected and it wasn't that bad.

I am sure that she will have more stories to tell but I was able to get a picture of a Wisher as she flew past me on the boardwalk. If I can ever get my computer fixed I will see if I can get it posted.

It was so great meeting you as we walked to the corrals! Congrats and a strong finish (You, too, Crazy4Pooh)!!!!!

princessmomma said:
Congratulations Sunny! Great time, I wonder what your time would have been if you weren't on your feet all day Friday and Saturday? I think smokin'!! :worship:

Colleen

Thanks, Colleen, your time is great, too! You made it to 23 before struggling, I made it to 22 when the struggle began!

Ya, I've started to rehash the "what ifs". Not enough sleep, way too much leg draining, poor nutrition, not dressed properly (I was FREEZING most of the race)... I'm sure they all add up to at least a 45 minute drain :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Sunny

Hi all! Congrats to my fellow finishers adn :worship: to teh Goofys!!!

Dh and I did better than expected 5:08. We may even show for 07 too!

As promised, here is the picture of the Wisher who flew past me near the Boardwalk.

0601078DisneyMarathon088resize.gif

wfloyd said:
As promised, here is the picture of the Wisher who flew past me near the Boardwalk.

0601078DisneyMarathon088resize.gif

I love the expression "flew" :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I will admit that is me but flying was not my experience by any means at that time :rotfl:

Thanks for the pic!

Hey Everyone!!!! It was so great meeting you all at TE on Friday!!! DH (wfloyd) already posted our times, but I had to add my own 2 cents. ;)

Sorry it has taken so long to post - our computer crashed the day we got back, and then we all got the stomach flu... it has been a rough week - I want to go back to Disney!!! :goodvibes

I don't have a detailed race report because I honestly don't remember everything! It was all so much to take in - and having the other wishers made it so wonderful!!! We were up bright and early Sunday am and got to the bus around 3am, leaving DS sleeping peacefully in his portable crib with the adjacent door open so Grammy and Pah-Pah could hear him. On the way to the corral, we met Sunny and chatted a little - it was GREAT meeting you!!! :flower: Once in the corral, we had an awesome spot to see the jumbo screen with all the announcers and characters, and the fireworks were great! Once we started going, it all becomes a blur... I remember EPCOT with all the lights on, then taking off my sweatpants around mile 4, then struggling to change my number to my WISH shirt and take off my sweatshirt around mile 6. Then there was fog - lots of fog!!!! Magic Kingdom was absolutely fabulous, though - even better than last year!!!! I ran down Main street to all the cheers, and high-fived a cheering WISHer - I think it was TXBelle - thanks soooo much for the encouragement!!! :teeth: Somewhere after MK I saw another WISH shirt ahead of me, and used her to help my pacing. I had no idea who it was, but I wanted to be able to see that shirt! Many miles later, I actually caught up to her, and found out it was Lily!!!! Thanks so much for chatting and being my inspiration on the course! :flower3: By the way, she passed me again quickly, we chatted a little, then that was the last I saw of her as she flew ahead. Somewhere between AK and MGM, I noticed another girl who was pretty much matching my pace, so we talked the rest of the race - her name is Maria. I don't know if you'll read this post ever, but I so enjoyed finishing the race with you!!! And just when I thought my feet couldn't go any further, there on the boardwalk cheering was chimera - Thanks so much for the encouragement! It meant so much seeing a familiar face at that time!!!! And YEA - I got my Mickey medal!!! :hyper: I also have to say a HUGE thank you to my sweet hubby - there were soooooo many times in training that I wanted to quit, but you wouldn't let me. And hearing your excitement and encouragement all along the course (have to have a cell phone!!!) definitely kept me going!!! I am so proud of you!!! :love2:

Oh, and remember how we left DS sleeping peacefully in the room... we got back to find out he had the flu since around 8:30am. I felt soooo bad for the little guy, but he is doing great now!

My next big goal will be the Minnie 15K, then the Danskin tri the week after. Oh, and a special thank you to Lynne for all the tri info and inspiration - you are awesome!!! I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming races!!! I know you will be great!!! DH will be doing the DL Half, and I will do the 5K (can't afford to bring a babysitter there for both of us to race...) ;) And we still have to decide who is doing what next year at WDW. DH might just go goofy! :scratchin

Anyway, thanks again for all the WISH support - you all are the best!!! I can't wait to see many of you in May and again in September!!!

--Lynnda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter