Fun Questions to Ask the Characters

MelanieH

Earning My Ears
We are trying to plan out some fun questions for my DD5 to ask the characters to make the character interactions more fun. For example one time she asked Mickey if he was ever going to marry Minnie. His response was pretty funny. Does anyone have any fun suggestions?

Ask Donald how his anger management classes are coming along.

Ask the Chipmunks which of them is crazier.

I asked Mickey what was his favorite type of cheese...but you have to have a list of types ready because obviously he can't verbally answer... he can only gesture. I suggested things like swiss, american, limberger (to which he pointed to his nose that it was too stinky!), and such... I won't tell you his favorite you'll have to figure it out! :)

My favorite reaction this time was asking Chip and Dale who had the best Chipmunk Cheeks!! They both were like ME!!!!!! Pointing to themselves! It was so funny!
Previously, we have gotten them going by saying things like "hey, look! It's Alvin & Simon! Where's Theodore?" They go Nuts! It's not hard to get the Chipmunks going!

When we saw the princesses, Belle totally threw me when she said "oh I see you brought your Cogsworth with you. I was like HUH?? WHAT?? She was looking at my watch! Then I caught on... boy did I feel stupid, LOL! I asked her if she had read any good stories lately and she told me about one but when she tossed the question back at me and I couldn't answer it, I didn't feel so smart! LOL I asked Cinderella about how the mice were. I didn't really say much to Aurora because I don't really care very much for the Sleeping Beauty movie so I don't really remember alot of the story details...she was sweet though. I think the character attendant for Belle was none to pleased with us because Belle talked to us for quite awhile, probably longer than she should have. Cindy was the last princess and she was standing alone waiting for us because Belle was engaged with us for so long... the one character attendant kept looking at 'HER cogsworth' :rotfl2:

Tink and the other fairy engaged us because it was late and there was just no one else around. She was telling us about her place... because I told her I was totally unfamiliar with the world of fairies. As much as I love Tink I haven't watched the movies. :sad2: I love it when it's not a case of stop, pose, snap a pic, next...character interaction is one of the things I love most at WDW!!! :thumbsup2

It is so much more fun when you can interact and have some questions ready. The characters seem to enjoy it too. Thank you for more ideas! I have a list of questions ready for our trip in 18 days.

It is so much more fun when you can interact and have some questions ready. The characters seem to enjoy it too. Thank you for more ideas! I have a list of questions ready for our trip in 18 days.

can i get some of your ideas?

At 1900 Park Fare we asked Prince Charming what his first name was. Another table overheard us, and got into it. We decided his name was Roy and it went down each table in the resturant like the game telephone that his name was Roy!

If you see rapunzle make sure you wait in the line to see her... it was totally worth the wait! she loves to talk about her hair and how to comb it. If you mention not feeling well she reminds you she has lost her "healing powers". She was such a delite and spent TONS of time talking to me even as a single traveler. If Flynn Ryder is with her which he was with me... ask him what sorts of things he keeps in his satchel. He will be happy to share the contents with you and even pull them out so you can take a look!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

WOWWWWWWW!!!!!

Great tip!!! I am printing this thread and will put it in my pockets! Thanks!

-my mother told Alice we had a rabbit in our backyard too (which was true). this led to a series of questions about what else we had in our yard:lmao: she also asked me if new jersey was cleaner than the old jersey! loved that one.
-if you jump with Tigger he will keep "bouncing" with you.
-if eeyore is there and you hug the other characters first he will start to get all pouty and blue. so adorable.
-mary poppins was a bit tough, i think she likes the kiddies better. maybe ask her how you measure up?
-i told the stepsisters and the mother i like to shop in my free time and go to balls with my friends. this led them to a tantrum that no one ever invited them anywhere.
-snow white and i had a really precious moment when she asked me if i had a prince yet (i was in my mid 20s at the time but looked a lil younger). she made me hold hands and make a wish for my true love to find me and rescue me from my glass coffin. most likely will not have the same conversation with a child lol but it is one of my favorite disney memories. she completely held up the line and did not care a bit.
- a note on Belle. i gave my bag to my mother to take a photo with her and she stated oh i have a beast to hold my things too! iwas not amused:mad: perhaps funny if its your husband. overall she seemed very standoffish for some reason.

stitchlovestink said:
I asked Mickey what was his favorite type of cheese...but you have to have a list of types ready because obviously he can't verbally answer... he can only gesture. I suggested things like swiss, american, limberger (to which he pointed to his nose that it was too stinky!), and such... I won't tell you his favorite you'll have to figure it out! :)

My favorite reaction this time was asking Chip and Dale who had the best Chipmunk Cheeks!! They both were like ME!!!!!! Pointing to themselves! It was so funny!
Previously, we have gotten them going by saying things like "hey, look! It's Alvin & Simon! Where's Theodore?" They go Nuts! It's not hard to get the Chipmunks going!

When we saw the princesses, Belle totally threw me when she said "oh I see you brought your Cogsworth with you. I was like HUH?? WHAT?? She was looking at my watch! Then I caught on... boy did I feel stupid, LOL! I asked her if she had read any good stories lately and she told me about one but when she tossed the question back at me and I couldn't answer it, I didn't feel so smart! LOL I asked Cinderella about how the mice were. I didn't really say much to Aurora because I don't really care very much for the Sleeping Beauty movie so I don't really remember alot of the story details...she was sweet though. I think the character attendant for Belle was none to pleased with us because Belle talked to us for quite awhile, probably longer than she should have. Cindy was the last princess and she was standing alone waiting for us because Belle was engaged with us for so long... the one character attendant kept looking at 'HER cogsworth' :rotfl2:

Tink and the other fairy engaged us because it was late and there was just no one else around. She was telling us about her place... because I told her I was totally unfamiliar with the world of fairies. As much as I love Tink I haven't watched the movies. :sad2: I love it when it's not a case of stop, pose, snap a pic, next...character interaction is one of the things I love most at WDW!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the ideas. I think I will have my 8 year old think of questions on the plane.

Ask Tiana what's she cooking today! My oldest DD asked this and Tiana went into details about her Gumbo, what she puts into it and what other things she likes to cook. She also told her that she was a bit late making it to meeting her because she had to check on her Gumbo.

I never even thought of interacting with the characters like this, I have no idea why, but we will definitely do this on our next trip. i think the boys would really enjoy it.

Not the same, but related, on one of our first trips to Disneyland my oldest, who was only 3 at the time, really wanted to see Donald and we kept just missing him. Finally we managed to get in line in Toontown, and just when we were getting close to the end of the line a very rude family cut in front of us. Travis was so patient waiting his turn, but by the time it was our turn, Donald had to take a break. Travis started crying while we were walking away, and I told him that we would wait right there for Donald to come back when Donald came back and gave him a hug! It was so sweet and Travis was so happy to get to see Donald.
I know it is really hot under those costumes and the time limits are set for a reason, so that was really above and beyond for him to come back for my little guy.

Last time my daughter asked Cinderella how Gus is and she was so adorable! She told DD a story all about Gus making strawberry pancakes that morning and making a huge mess. She was so sweet!

Characters love being asked questions. It makes the job even more fun and creates a wonderful experience for children.

It's not always fun when guests try to get a CM to "break character". Although the training is thorough, it's quite difficult keeping up a persona, but for the most part, it's a blast.

Ask away - you'll always be surprised where the conversation may take you :thumbsup2

We had a fun experience at1900 park fare with the stepmother. My lil brother was going through a punk phase and his hair was dyed purple. She proceeded to ask very snooty and pointed questions about WHY he woul want purple hair. If his sisters were playing tricks on him or if he had a run in with the fairy godmother! We were rolling!! Then she took a picture standing behind him, looking down at him in disdain! Still my favorite picture!!

Another favorite was when my dd was 5 yrs and dressed up as her favorite Ariel for CRT. Ariel was asking her about under the sea fun and started making fish faces- trying to get Zoe to do it as well. Belle and Snow came over and I got the best picture of all of them making Fish faces at my dd. She was laughing so hard!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter