FW Cabins vs. Offsite suites with kitchenette

melindaandrob

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>I
OK I'm crunching numbers and coming to the conclusion that FW cabins with an AP rate = offsite with kitchenette and car rental. Am I crazy? Is it the same cost to stay onsite? I thought for sure I would have to be heading to Kissimee to plan a budget trip to WDW to take advantage of our AP's before they expire.

I'm a confirmed Ft. Wilderness junky ... I'd do anything I could to make the Ft. Wilderness accomodation work vs. staying off-site.

I don't know what the AP rate is for FW, but on the mousesavers website, there are some pretty subtantial discounts available for FW. I saved $670 on our total bill by using the code I found there. Might be worth checking out!! Mousesavers.com

Originally posted by TRAPPED-PARENT
I'm a confirmed Ft. Wilderness junky ... I'd do anything I could to make the Ft. Wilderness accomodation work vs. staying off-site.

I 2nd that statement. I'm a FW junkie also.

The cabins have a full kitchen, not just a kitchenette. A cabin will have a full size fridge, full size oven, microwave oven, dishwasher, outdoor patio, & outdoor grill. Plus, you get a bedroom in the cabins. If you are bringing children that's a real plus.

If the prices are similiar & you can swing it, go for the cabin. You will not regret it - you'll love it. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter