Garden Grill or Akershus? Breakfast or lunch?

Which would you prefer with kids 2 and 5?

• Garden grill breakfast (not PPO)

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Garden grill lunch

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Akershus breakfast (not PPO)

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Akershus lunch

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Isabelle12345

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
We are currently thinking of doing Epcot on a resort switch day. It would be our 3rd day in the parks, and after two early mornings we are thinking of « sleeping in » (as much as kids 2 and 5 can!) and do a late breakfast, or do a few attractions before lunch.
We are not willing to do much that day (frozen with FP, meet Anna and Elsa, Seas with Nemo with FP, Living with the land with FP and Three Cabalerros), hoping to get out of the park around 2-3 PM.

Our kids are 2 (DD) and 5 (DS); they are into Mickey and the Fab 5 but they also like princesses. they don’t care too much about Chip and Dale. they are French speaking (my son speaks a little English) so I don’t know how face characters will go...
So I think it’s a tie for characters; what do you think about the food?
and would you suggest late breakfast (10:00) or lunch (12:00)?

We love Garden Grill Breakfast. It’s the least chaotic and most personal character experience we’ve done. We typically have a character breakfast each day of the trip with our DGS because he tends to eat the breakfast foods better, GG is s great experience and so laid back and accommodating. It’s served family style and those chipmunks will steal your heart! The characters stop by several times.

Of the two, and considering your children's ages, I woudl choose GG breakfast. It s so much fun! The food is good, and the character interaction is absolutely the best. I like AKershus breakfast, but GG is my favorite.

GG breakfast is newly on my list for this trip. I've never done it, but Love Living with the Land, and, well, it wouldn't be disney without a character meal, even if I am on my own!
We did Akershus breakfast, and I found it really disappointing. The food was not great, and the character interaction was just not quite there iyswim.

Garden Grill breakfast is awesome! The food is amazing and fresh. Its such a relaxed atmosphere. And we saw the characters a couple of times before we were done. It was great! The characters were adorable btw. I love chip n' dale.

We have GG Breakfast planned on this trip next month and I have read nothing but good reviews on it, its 1 of the ones I'm looking forward to the most.
We did Lunch at Akershus and we were quite disappointed by it. the food wast our style and the wait was forever!

GG breakfast is amazing. Akershus breakfast was just ok. I've never tried the lunch at either especially garden grill because to me it's not worth paying more but missing out on the sticky buns. Their fresh fruit was a nice mix too, which you don't always get.

Having done both character experiences, I would go with Garden Grill for your kids. I picked lunch but breakfast would work too at the end of the breakfast time, since you want to be able to sleep in. As long as the characters or at both lunch and breakfast, I would just pick the time that works best for you.

Garden Grill is one of my favorite breakfasts but 2 girls? I have had to so Akershus several times because of 2 girls. Sitting beside me is a picture of 2 girls beside Belle at Akershus.

We're not fans of Akershus breakfast and while I know TS meals take longer, I feel like Akershus lunch and dinner just take forever. If it were PPO, I'd say go for breakfast, but those early morning lower crowd hours are just too valuable in my mind to be sitting at a TS meal, so I'd go for Garden Grill lunch. As others have noted, it's also a more relaxing experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter