Garden Grill

TFTwoTube

We need our magic place
Guys,

We have just come back from our first ever WDW trip and I cannot recommend breakfast at the Garden Grill (Epcot) enough. It is a character breakfast and simply amazing! It was so magical having Mickey, Pluto, Chip & Dale join us for breakfast in a spinning restaurant. Have you been before? What did you think?

We feel the same. We were there in September & it was wonderful.

We've never done breakfast there, but I have it booked for our upcoming trip in January. It's our favorite character meal for dinner, by far. The food is good, the spinning restaurant is cool, and it's so much more relaxed than the buffets. Glad you had a good experience with breakfast. I'm looking forward to trying it and hoping to get on Soarin' before the rope drop crowd. We have an 8:10 ressie!

I tried so hard to get a breakfast there for our trip, but could not get one!

I've eaten there twice now and both times we left raving about the character experience.

My last trip in August, we booked a last minute lunch the night before for 7 people. We walked up and were easily seated in a booth in the lower section with the tables fitted together to accommodate our whole group. Like before, it was an AMAZING character experience! I believe the food was also good - I remember commenting that I enjoyed it. That said, I no longer remember what I ate haha! And my SIL barely ate more than a few nibbles. My 3.5 yr old niece loves Mickey and had such amazing interactions that all of us were completely focused on that.

I think DH got the vegetarian meatloaf and he said it was OK (he's not a meatloaf fan though). I looked up the menu and am reminded we had turkey and stuffing and sausages, etc etc. I think I remember enjoying the sausage a lot.

If you're looking for a character meal, I've now tried most of them and this is the one that is head and shoulders above the rest.

That makes me happy as I have an ADR there for breakfast next month. :banana::banana::banana:

Yes definitely worth it and one of the best character interactions. Can't wait to do it again next July.

We tried it for the first time two years ago and have our third visit planned for December. We love the changing view, the character interactions and the food. It's nice not to have to juggle buffet visits with a character's imminent arrival. Do I have time? Should I wait? I'm surprised I didn't have indigestion when we visited the others :sick:

We have done dinner several times but never breakfast. I think it is the best character interaction in all of WDW. It was the very first experience my son had with characters when he was 8 months old (he's now almost 16 years old). We were the first party there for dinner and when the CM saw we had a baby she went and told the characters there was a "new guest who will be having his first character experience." They each approached him very slowly and let him have a TON of time touching their "faces" and feeling their costumes. He ended up ALWAYS loving the characters (he still gets in line to meet the today) and I am convinced it is because of how awesome all the characters were with at his first Garden Grill trip.

We also did dinner there for my mother's birthday several years ago. It is the only character meal we have been to for a birthday where I felt like the characters really fussed over the birthday person. She had an amazing time and still talks about it years later.

It has been years since we had dinner there, but it is still by far our favorite! The character interaction was amazing, our server was awesome and the food was super yummy!

We have a breakfast scheduled there for Feb. Can you see the ride from both levels? I really want to make sure we can see into the boat ride. I've wanted to eat at that restaurant since I was a kid!

I have a breakfast and dinner ressie booked for here but have never been and am debating on whether I should keep one of the GG meals or my ressie for the Bon Voyage breakfast. Any suggestions? Just two adults, so even though I love the characters, food is probably the most important factor.

We went with a large party for breakfast and won't be back. Getting out of the long booths to take pics with the characters was awkward and really ruined the mood (especially with wait staff rushing back and forth with loaded trays of food). The characters were very low key and seemed lost as to how to deal with us when we didn't want autographs...never had that experience at a character meal before. Food wasn't very good (greasy sausage, dry dry dry scrambled eggs).

Our meal at GG was so disappointing that I hestitated about spending money on breakfast at 'Ohana this year...even though we had a great breakfast there four years ago. Ended up going and was so pleased, we found it head and shoulders better than GG (same with Crystal Palace lunch and even with the princesses at CRT).

I was really looking forward to our ADR at GG because of the glowing reviews here on Dis. We must have gone on an off day. But it was so lackluster for us that it's off our list of future ADRs.

I'm glad others have had better experiences! Maybe we'll return in a few years.

Very glad to hear this! We have done dinner before, and loved it. We are trying the breakfast for our November trip!

We have done dinner several times but never breakfast. I think it is the best character interaction in all of WDW. It was the very first experience my son had with characters when he was 8 months old (he's now almost 16 years old). We were the first party there for dinner and when the CM saw we had a baby she went and told the characters there was a "new guest who will be having his first character experience." They each approached him very slowly and let him have a TON of time touching their "faces" and feeling their costumes. He ended up ALWAYS loving the characters (he still gets in line to meet the today) and I am convinced it is because of how awesome all the characters were with at his first Garden Grill trip.

We also did dinner there for my mother's birthday several years ago. It is the only character meal we have been to for a birthday where I felt like the characters really fussed over the birthday person. She had an amazing time and still talks about it years later.
Agree - we have never done dinner there br decided to try it and it was the best!

We loved it too! The character interaction was great (my daughter got her "first kiss" from Farmer Mickey) and the food was also very good. We liked that the characters kept coming around but they seemed to sense when we had had enough and a simple wave or a high five and they continued on their way.

This place really didn't look like much from the outside and I was hesitant to make the ADR, but it ended up being one of favorite character meals ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter