• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Garlic Hummus........some one finally found my recipe.....it was lost

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
Garlic Hummus....this is so good....please give it a try...
A blender will yield perfect hummus, everytime. Just remember to add the ingredients in the
correct order and use a spatula to ensure that all the
garbanzos get crushed.
1/4 cup tahini
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 to 1/2 cup warm water
1 clove garlic
1 can garbanzos, drained and rinsed
salt and pepper
Put tahini, water, lemon juice and garlic in food processor. . Add a little salt and pepper.
Start BLENDER and let it run, adding a few beans at a time.
Mixture will start to emulsify. Continue until all beans are used. Put hummus in fridge to chill,
overnight ideally. You can use a food processor, but the
hummus won't be quite a creamy. No matter how hard you try.

Have been going through the threads from the early days of this forum . . . & came across this one.

I had asked for the sun-dried tomato hummus recipe from Boma's, but somehow the request got confused. I got something totally different with sun-dried tomatoes.

Maybe I'll fool around with this recipe to see if I can get it to come close.

We're new to hummus - with what do you serve yours?

wheat ones......this is such a good tasting recipe.....I love garlic....sometimes when my vegetarian son in law would make this my garlic for the month has been taken care of ......he loves garlic and I mean a lot of garlic....he did tame it down a little.....everyone that has had this hummus has asked for the recipe....it is my son in laws making....

Mmmm Pumba..I love Hummus!!! I love it spread on pita bread...how yummy! Thanks so much for posting this...

I swear if I ever win lots of money, I am hiring you to come cook for me!!! :D

Have you guys ever tried a cilantro pesto (a bit of garlic, about 2 bunches of cilantro, mostly leaves...stems cut off, and olive oil whirred in a food processor) with hummus and flat bread? I make up a seasoned steak, slice it reeeeeeeeeallly thin, make the flat bread, or buy it...then add hummus (Pumbas sounds wonderful!!) a slice or two of the steak, and the cilantro pesto...I tell you it's heavenly...you can add tomatoe at the last of the blending of the pesto for an even better taste, just don't pulverize it too much, or it looks horrible (still tastes good though). My 5 yo loves this...asks for it all the time. :):):)
Robin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter