Gatlinburg cabin OVERLOAD- Help please

of those 3, Timber Tops is the only one I've
I think we have narrowed it down to three rentals. Does anyone have experience with Timber Tops, Cabins of the Smoky Mountains (Gatlinburg Falls) or Flip Key (Smoky Mountains)? I have been stressing for two weeks over this. It's so hard to find the right number of beds, view and amenities. I should have been working on this months ago. Thank you for all of the help everyone!

of those 3, the only one I've even heard of is Timber Tops. We are headed there next week and are renting from American Patriot. We've had good experiences with them.

Our family( extended family) aunts, uncles, cousins, everyone goes every other year, we get together and rent large cabins together and near each other. We have done pigeon forge and Gatlinburg, I personally really prefer the Gatlinburg areas, but some of the cabins can be up pretty high in the mountains, last year we practically needed 4 wheel drives to get to our cabin-something to think about when making a reservation, Chalet Village is nice, but I'd say that most of the cabin rental places are pretty legit. We use different ones usually.maid and towel service does not exist in cabin rentals, it's really nice to visit the local grocery store and just get everything you need. Watch out for the Bears and have a great relaxing vacation!

I have stayed with Gatlinburg Falls SEVERAL times and have never had issues beyond minor things you would expect and they are all quickly resolved. Nice cabins and close enough that you can easily get to town and also back down to Pigeon Forge.

I have stayed in Black Bear Falls as well (through Jackson ? Rentals). They were nice as well and very large cabins a little farther out.

We used Wyndham rentals and were very happy. We wanted all that you posted, plus a hot tub on the deck.
I would go back to the same place but unfortunately I don't see it listed anymore :sad1:

I would recommend renting a cabin in Wears Valley instead. Much more the scenic, secluded quintessential Smoky Mountain experience yet still very conveniently located.

My mom and I are having a girls trip, and I rented a condo in Gatlinburg, Its not on the strip, a few blocks off it. I went through VBRO. Booked through VBRO and got the travel insurance, but its a private owner with 5 stars, no property manager. We will be going the first week in November, hoping to catch the last of the leaves, I know some times that the leaves are later on, that's what we are hoping for.

The reason I went with a condo in Gatlinburg, I really did not want to have to worry about driving up the mountain in the evening, some of the driveways are crazy. As well I needed a place with out any stairs for my mom. Its on the 6th floor,( 2 bedrooms( 2 kings), 2 bathrooms, living room, full kitchen, fire place and large balcony and also has a elevator in the building), views, and even a creek running at the back of the property. Normally we go the cabin route in up in the mountains. I want to make sure my mom is comfortable, and safe, and for us being close in town will work out better.

We rented a cabin from American Patriot that had gorgeous views, a hot tub and pool access. And came complete with bears! One tried to get in our car and another came right up to us in the hot tub one night. We screamed and splashed and he ran away. It had been my wish to see bears but not that close!

As an FYI this thread was started about 8 years ago so some info may be way out of date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter