Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

Yay! I'm glad you finally got the package-it shipped a week ago. :eek:

It makes us so happy to know you all liked the little goodies we sent along. I love the pic of Gavin popping the packing bubbles. Too cute! :goodvibes

:yay: Yay for more Big Give stuff! Gavin looks quite excited looking into that box. :yay: I'm glad you got the GKTW packet, too. I was so happy to get ours yesterday, too. I just wish I could take a picture like the one of Gavin with the brochure. I'll be glad when Aidan is 'in' on all of this. Seems like the postal service was carrying extra pixie dust yesterday! pixiedust:

Thanks, he really was excited! It's funny how that little brochure from GKTW makes us so happy. It just seems so real and so close now :goodvibes Wont be long now before Aidan can be apart of all the excitment! :cool1:

:banana::banana:whoa there are lost of goodies in that box!:woohoo: Love the tink shirt!! Those cups are too cool! I didnt know there was glow in the dark earings either. I like those!

I love the pic of Gavin popping those bubbles!

When we were looking at Ty's wheelchair ordering the DME had brought some strollers for us to try out but ended up not getting them out as he thought the self propell would be better. For Ty we arent really liking that there arent any supports and it doesnt recline in the least little bit. All things I wish I had taken into consideration but at the time his energy had seemed a little better.He has his old one that has some supports on it that we can use if needed.Just wanted to mention that in case it helped:)

Thanks for the info. definetley things to consider. Gavin does seem pretty OK right now but things wont always be that way. It's hard to think of the future sometimes but I guess this is one of those cases Im going to have to.

Yay! I'm glad you finally got the package-it shipped a week ago. :eek:

It makes us so happy to know you all liked the little goodies we sent along. I love the pic of Gavin popping the packing bubbles. Too cute! :goodvibes

Thank you Thank you Leanne!! :hug: They loved everything! We started packing their carry on bags today with all there goodies and they were so excited to put in all their Big Give goodies! I noticed on the package it was sent on the 5th. UPS is taking there time lately but Im glad it got here safely!

We got the final details about Gavin's send off party! :woohoo: It's going to be on the 28th at the Chuck-E-Cheese and we do get to invite a few more people. They pay for a party of 10 which leaves 3 extra people, but they said we could invite more and they can just order their own pizza if they want it. It dosent cost to get in so we figure we'll just order a few extra pizzas and the grandma and grandpa and auntie can come!! :cool1: Were soo excited!

Whew..finally caught up with you too, Jennifer! Isn't the Big Give great?? The packages helped to brighten our days sooo much! Eeks..you're already packing carry-ons..definitely making me feel like a slacker :P I'll get there soon...lol! :banana: :banana: It's getting soooooo close!

Amanda dont feel bad, the only reason I went ahead and did the kids carry on's was because DH kepy bugging me about getting all the Big Give boxes put away. :lmao: I figured I might as well pack it up if I had to move it.

You're so efficient, Jennifer! :lmao: I LOVE that shot of him looking into the box! Magic! That is what childhood is all about and what our little ones miss out on more than they should. What an awesome package!

hi, I've been obsessivly reading your thread and a few before yours. My son james was granted a wish to go to GKTW and WDW. We're suppose to leave March 16th, but we're waiting for the final say ( I guess tickets actually bought). I'm thinking about doing a thread for him...what do you guys mean when you say "PTR" ? Anyway, thanks for letting me spy on ya!
Amber

hi, I've been obsessivly reading your thread and a few before yours. My son james was granted a wish to go to GKTW and WDW. We're suppose to leave March 16th, but we're waiting for the final say ( I guess tickets actually bought). I'm thinking about doing a thread for him...what do you guys mean when you say "PTR" ? Anyway, thanks for letting me spy on ya!
Amber

I hope Jennifer doesn't mind me answering on her thread.
A PTR is a Pre-Trip Report. It helps everyone here get to know your family, and help answer questions you may have about your trip. Congrats on having his wish granted! You will also probably love the Wish Trippers thread on the disABILITIES board. Sorry, I don't have the link handy but it's on the main page of the DISboards.

I did a thread, but I'm not sure it was in the right place...I'm slightly lost here:)

Welcome!! I see Melissa answered your question about a PTR. If you have already started one post on the mail Wish Tripper page and Maroo will put a link up there so we can all find you and follow along. Wow! March 16th not much time left.

Love the new packages! Seems like things are really rolling along! It will be here before you know it! :cool1:

My hubby thinks I lost my mind, but I was up until midnight reading your thread...so I have another question, how long from when you got your reservation at GKTW did you get mail from them? I think james would be over the moon to get GKTW mail :)

My hubby thinks I lost my mind, but I was up until midnight reading your thread...so I have another question, how long from when you got your reservation at GKTW did you get mail from them? I think james would be over the moon to get GKTW mail :)

I was the same way, spending hours reading PTR's ad TR's. It is so much fun!
I honestly dont remember how long ago we got our final pland but it's been a few months. Im pretty sure you dont get any mail from GKTW until a few weeks before your scheduled to arrive. I would love to send your son a postcard from Disney while were there if you'd like. You can PM me your address and son's name and if there are any siblings. A very nice Diser send one for Gavin and he loved it! I can make it sound like it's coming from Mickey or a favorite character.

Hey there Amber! Glad to see you joined us here. I was a little lost too at first(still am half the time):rotfl2:. I am the mom that directed you here in. I forgot to put my username on the pm I had sent you. I can't wait to read your pre trip report!

Amber

Hey there Amber! Glad to see you joined us here. I was a little lost too at first(still am half the time):rotfl2:. I am the mom that directed you here in. I forgot to put my username on the pm I had sent you. I can't wait to read your pre trip report!

HI...I had no idea who it was...and everyone has been so nice :) I'm still trying to figure out how to put a link to the PTR I started in my signature. Wish me luck:rotfl:

Alright guys Ima little panicky right now. I just got a confirmation e-mail from the shuttle service MAW is getting to take us to the airport and it has a pick-up time of 12:40 pm. Our flight was supposed to leave at 9:35am and still we wouldnt be there until 8:30pm. If they changed our flight to a later time that means if our pick-up is 12:40 an hour ride to airport and get there 2 hours before that puts it at 3:40pm before we even leave and it's a 8 hour flight at least! :scared1: That means we wouldnt even be getting to Florida until after midnight. OK Im freaking out. I had to get used to the idea of our 1st entire day gone at getting there at 8:30 and now if we dont get there until midnight were going to be to tired to do anything the second day.

Ok, that felt good to ramble on. Sorry about that. :goodvibes Hopefully it's just a mix-up. I already have an e-mail into our Wish Granter so hopefully they'll get back to me before I go Crazy :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter