Gavin's Wish Comes True!! MAW

They showed me a new color called Glow, that looks basically white, but it glows in the dark. :thumbsup2

When it's dark up here, there's too much snow on the ground to go outside! Now if someone woul dinvent skis for the wheelchair, I'd give him a big fat kiss!

I can't believe it is almost time for your family to head to Orlando!!:banana: I wore crocs most of our trip (last August) and they were great! More comfy than tennis shoes - especially in the heat. Have a wonderful time - can't wait to see pics of your trip!!!

Does James have a PT? If so I would ask them about possibly putting in for a rental for your trip so since your other wont be in. That's what their doing for us. Where did you see the truck's and such for the chair's I'd be interested in looking at them.

YOU ARE TERRIFFIC! I just called the place where James' chair is coming from and they are ordering a rental until his comes! The chair he is in right now is 19"...and James' hips are 11"....yeah, it's THAT big for him! So they are getting him a 12". No bells and whistles, but it's fine, I'm so happy I could make brownies...Yup, I'm gonna go make brownies, a B-I-G thanks for the advice :) :cheer2:

:cool1::woohoo: Amber I am so glad you called and they are getting the rental for him. Hopefully it makes your trip a little easier! :goodvibes

Alright guys, Dh and I are sitting around and trying to work out these plans and lets start off saying Dh does not get involved in planning normally because he stresses out. So Im telling him were going to split HS and Epcot, he wants to know how long it takes to get from one to the other and do we have to go back to the car and drive or is there another way to get there??

Jennifer, I want to say you can take a boat from Epcot to DHS, but I could be wrong..I'm sure someone else will chime in here shortly...

I can't confirm or deny the boat ride but if you look at the map (any map, I use Google) there is continuous water between the two so it's possible. They look very close, so even if you have to move the car, with free parking and Handicap spots it shouldn't eat up too much time.

Yup there's a boat...............not sure how long it takes to get from one park to the other though. That'd be a question for another forum (maybe 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies') :)

Hi! I'm the Nicole who sent the pirate outfits- I'm so glad you liked them; I really apprecaite the opportunity to make them for ya.

I love Gavin's "hot wheels"- the lights are great!

Alright guys, Dh and I are sitting around and trying to work out these plans and lets start off saying Dh does not get involved in planning normally because he stresses out. So Im telling him were going to split HS and Epcot, he wants to know how long it takes to get from one to the other and do we have to go back to the car and drive or is there another way to get there??

We're planning on doing the same thing and according to the guidebook that I have, it can actually be walked. Otherwise, I think you can take either boat or bus, but I'm not sure how long it will take. I imagine we'll try to hoof it because I hate dealing with crowded transportation and it seems like too much of a pain to go back and forth to the car. I can't believe how close you guys are!

Jennifer, I want to say you can take a boat from Epcot to DHS, but I could be wrong..I'm sure someone else will chime in here shortly...

I can't confirm or deny the boat ride but if you look at the map (any map, I use Google) there is continuous water between the two so it's possible. They look very close, so even if you have to move the car, with free parking and Handicap spots it shouldn't eat up too much time.

Yup there's a boat...............not sure how long it takes to get from one park to the other though. That'd be a question for another forum (maybe 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies') :)

Thanks for the info girls :goodvibes it looks like we may either take the boat or maybe just walk it.

Just getting caught up here. I love the lights on his chair. Ty has a high back on his first wheelchair but for the second one I was trying to get away with light as possible:rotfl2: My mistake! I am going to call and see about a new seat back that just came out. http://www.sunrisemedical.com/media...<>ast_id=1408474395285139&bmUID=1266087886362

It looks pretty neat. It leans back slightly.

Very cool! I dont blame you for wanting a lightweight one. That's what I love about this one but Im thinking with Gavin's fatigue issues we may end up with a high back and hopefully one that reclines a little.

Hi! I'm the Nicole who sent the pirate outfits- I'm so glad you liked them; I really apprecaite the opportunity to make them for ya.

I love Gavin's "hot wheels"- the lights are great!

Hi Nicole, we are getting so excited for our trip and just found out MAW is getting the Pirate League for the kids so the outfits are even more perfect now :goodvibes

We're planning on doing the same thing and according to the guidebook that I have, it can actually be walked. Otherwise, I think you can take either boat or bus, but I'm not sure how long it will take. I imagine we'll try to hoof it because I hate dealing with crowded transportation and it seems like too much of a pain to go back and forth to the car. I can't believe how close you guys are!

Thanks Kelly, I was just reading somewhere its only a 30 minute walk so thats probrably what we'll do unless we just feel like taking the boat.

I've been teasing my DD Kia about kissing the characters she's going to meet and she kept saying No way until today she said she was going to kiss Peter Pan (if he's cute) :lmao: so I said I would look for a pic of him. I remember reading a TR with special interaction with Peter Pan but cant find it now. Does anyone know which one Im talking about?? I would love to get a pic of Kia kissing any one af the characters. She trys to act like such a teenager already but the closer the trip gets the more she's talking about interacting with them :goodvibes

I would drive from DHS to Epcot. It is pretty far to walk IMHO. Plus, if you walk then you have to walk back or take transportation back to get your car. If it is late and you are tired, it will be an added hassle. There is a bus and a boat BTW between the two. If you are going from DHS to Epcot and don't want to drive, then I would take the bus.

As for Peter Pan, I remember that TR too but can't place it right this minute. Peter Pan characters do meet and greets - it used to be over by POTC but now I hear it is near Peter Pan's Flight. It used to be Cpt Hook and Smee once an hour for about 15 minutes and Peter and Wendy once an hour for about 15 minutes. Times are usually between 10am and 5:30pm. Aladdin meets too in another spot in case Kia likes him!

I think Alyssa (ThatKid) met Peter and Wendy but I thought it was random, not a specific spot. Can't remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter