Gay character in "Beauty and The Beast"

Due to the gay character in "Beauty and The Beast", will you still take your kids to see the movie?

• Yes

Votes: 59 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I'm on the fence.

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but that is how it came off because you said "I found the clip of Gaston's song and I gotta say it doesn't seem hidden agenda, sending a message to me." I was pointing out that wa snot the clip where it was suppose to happen so how would we know how the gay moment comes off. You seem to be the one that thinks everyone is against you. I was simply saying that clip won't show up much about that subplot.

Side not I don't personally thing it would be a hidden agenda/sending message no matter how it is presented because beig gay doesn't have an agenda.

AND you were made controller and reader of my thought process.....when?

Yep, that's right, you aren't. I clarified what I meant.

Also I did not vote. IM Just trying to be a voice to help the silent voters some people here just want to call out crucify for their PERSONAL beliefs.

I voted no. It doesn't matter what year or century we are in, it will always be inappropriate to expose children to unsuitable and irrelevant sexual behavior. I like to think I have a better than average "gaydar"; but, it's not that good. I have been fooled, or the "gaydar" has been off enough to know you can never really tell if someone is gay unless they declare that they are homosexual. Furthermore, it really makes no difference whatsoever what the sexual habits of fictional character are not to mention the sexual orientation of a real person. I would be equally disturbed if this movie included a gratuitous sex scene with full frontal nudity with Belle or Gaston. The story is a fairy tail; I say let the kids (and myself) enjoy fantasy for 90 minutes to 2 hours without having to answer questions about why LeFou wants to try making babies with Gaston. If I wanted children to be exposed to real life I can let them watch the news. Shame on Disney for pulling this kinda stunt.

So it isn't a sex scene just wondering if it is just a kiss between two men or even a statement of coming out are you also upset that belle and beast kiss?

AND you were made controller and reader of my thought process.....when?

Yep, that's right, you aren't. I clarified what I meant.

Also I did not vote. IM Just trying to be a voice to help the silent voters some people here just want to call out crucify for their PERSONAL beliefs.

Nobody is being crucified. Anyone who voted is free to speak for themselves but they also have to be ready for follow up questions as to why it is a deal breaker for them.

Also I see you are relatively new here so it is always best to be 100% clear in what you are talking about. I'm sure I'm not the only one who read your initial comment as such.

Nobody is being crucified. Anyone who voted is free to speak for themselves but they also have to be ready for follow up questions as to why it is a deal breaker for them.

Also I see you are relatively new here so it is always best to be 100% clear in what you are talking about. I'm sure I'm not the only one who read your initial comment as such.

Here we go....the old "you're new to my sandbox " routine.

I voted no. It doesn't matter what year or century we are in, it will always be inappropriate to expose children to unsuitable and irrelevant sexual behavior. I like to think I have a better than average "gaydar"; but, it's not that good. I have been fooled, or the "gaydar" has been off enough to know you can never really tell if someone is gay unless they declare that they are homosexual. Furthermore, it really makes no difference whatsoever what the sexual habits of fictional character are not to mention the sexual orientation of a real person. I would be equally disturbed if this movie included a gratuitous sex scene with full frontal nudity with Belle or Gaston. The story is a fairy tail; I say let the kids (and myself) enjoy fantasy for 90 minutes to 2 hours without having to answer questions about why LeFou wants to try making babies with Gaston. If I wanted children to be exposed to real life I can let them watch the news. Shame on Disney for pulling this kinda stunt.

Wait wait, so are you saying that Gay People are not allowed to be in fairy tales?! That there are absolutely no gay people allowed in fairy tales because children are going to realize that gay people exist? Since when is there a rule about gay people not being in any type of fairy tale? Gay people exist, and trying to 'hide' people from the fact that they are just like every body else is baffling.

So it isn't a sex scene just wondering if it is just a kiss between two men or even a statement of coming out are you also upset that belle and beast kiss?

A kiss, no. There is nothing wrong with a kiss to express love; but, when you start saying a character is gay or homosexual you are describing sexual behavior. So ya, that is wrong.

Spoiler - When Belle kisses the Beast, she is really kissing the prince

A kiss, no. There is nothing wrong with a kiss to express love; but, when you start saying a character is gay or homosexual you are describing sexual behavior. So ya, that is wrong.

Spoiler - When Belle kisses the Beast, she is really kissing the prince

No saying homosexual means someone is attracted to a member of the same sex. There is nothing wrong with being gay.

Wait wait, so are you saying that Gay People are not allowed to be in fairy tales?! That there are absolutely no gay people allowed in fairy tales because children are going to realize that gay people exist? Since when is there a rule about gay people not being in any type of fairy tale? Gay people exist, and trying to 'hide' people from the fact that they are just like every body else is baffling.

I'm saying the sexual orientation / bedroom habits of a fairy tail character is irrelevant. Why do you thing it's important to explain sexual activities to children?

I'm saying the sexual orientation / bedroom habits of a fairy tail character is irrelevant. Why do you thing it's important to explain sexual activities to children?

What are you talking about? This movie is PG! They aren't going to do much past kissing, my goodness it's not the end of the world. Do you freak out this much over two people of the opposite gender having a kiss or holding hands? I'm assuming then you don't let your kids watch the Brady Bunch or 7th Heaven because you see them laying in bed together.

No saying homosexual means someone is attracted to a member of the same sex. There is nothing wrong with being gay.

And some feel differently. Perhaps not with the being, but the acting upon it. Everyone has their own opinions and their reasons for their opinions. But really, for everyone, do we really have to take this thread there? Thus far the thread has managed to stay relatively tame. If we start the right vs. wrong debate I doubt it will end well.

And some feel differently. Perhaps not with the being, but the acting upon it. Everyone has their own opinions and their reasons for their opinions. But really, for everyone, do we really have to take this thread there? Thus far the thread has managed to stay relatively tame. If we start the right vs. wrong debate I doubt it will end well.

I don't understand how representation is wrong.

Completely agree with you, I read it the same way.

I've tried reporting this thread twice. It's become a witch hunt. Anyone who believes differently is being hounded. I am not talking only about myself. It started as a simple poll and discussion and then turned into exactly something you would see on the movie---grab your pitchforks and your knives and attack those that are different.

Disney just had their first official same sex kissing scene on Star vs. The Forces of Evil a Disney XD cartoon. A small minority is flipping out over it. Let us not forget the backlash they faced on Good Luck Charlie when one of Charlie's friends had two moms. Disney has proven twice now that the small group who actually boycott over these normal situation aren't hurting their business.

I watch Star (good show) and I hadn't seen that episode yet. It was stacking up on my DVR since they are showing it like every day now. Anyway I watched it tonight and it was really blink-and-you-missed-it. I was kinda looking for it since I read about it, and it was really no big deal at all.

I've tried reporting this thread twice. It's become a witch hunt. Anyone who believes differently is being hounded. I am not talking only about myself. It started as a simple poll and discussion and then turned into exactly something you would see on the movie---grab your pitchforks and your knives and attack those that are different.
Being a little dramatic. There's no witch hunt. There's no pitchforks. Just differing opinions.

I'm sorry that questioning people who believe that certain people shouldn't get representation is somehow attacking those who don't believe in equality

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter