General Codes watch?

DisneyDotty said:
I'm one of those newbies who did get excited by the MYW package--I bought a 9 day PH pass with Dining. And I paid rack rate for CR. I still feel I got a reasonable deal on the whole WDW trip--I'm hoping it evens out in the end. I'm one of those people who get tired of the challenge of "How much can I save" and eventually surrender to the whole code mania. I'm going to enjoy the trip no matter what! :flower:

Hope my post above yours wasn't taken as me trying to insult anyone. Just being silly.

I guess not everyone is code/discount happy and gets their package and are happy. You are going to Disney, what's not to be happy about. :)

Although, by reading the posts here, you'd think that everyone is as nuts as some of us. :)

I had posted this on a thread before but for us...the MYW tickets are a nice way to add the options you want....but not really saving. We are actually paying more this year as opposed to last year. Last year (2004) we bought the park hoppers with options. The 5 day. Anyhow this year we got the 7 day...really only planned on another 5 day but the cost was only $8 more and thought even if we only walked into the parks on our arrival and departure day it would be worth the extra $8. JMO...they are all they are "cracked" up to be. In other words...not enough savings to not offer codes just because of the ticket prices.

O.K. so don't loose hope with this *** code. I just called and had a CM who actually said it would work for my June 4-10th stay but then said he couldn't do it because it was room only and I have a package, BUMMEr, I had my hopes up until the end, just thought it was worth a try. He was going to give me 74 for my value ressie for POP per night with that code though and 104 for a moderate, it's worth a phone call.

Lesley

WHy feel foolish? That was , and still is, great information!

Don't drink the kool-aid.
steevo

KATIESMOMMY said:
I have a quick question about this- I AM the one that posted that after I saw it on the budget board-after I realized it wasn't a good code I edited the post totally out--it was all within 5 minutes--how is someone quoting today something I deleted last night?? I already feel foolish enough..................

I think you posted this in two places, both the budget board and the code board. I was online when you posted last night and I saw that you changed your new post on the code board, but I didn't notice if you changed the other post. If so, perhaps somebody quoted you before you changed it and now that quote is being quoted?

Im sorry KatiesMommy! I just got excited. I thought the code was out.
I get an email for every new post, thats how I got it even when you deleted it.

After seeing how many people used the code that was posted...I wrote it down just to see if I could us it....I thought I would give it a try. I called and did get a very nice CM and as soon as I mention XXX code...she told me that I had to have a PIN to receive it. She said it was due to expire (4/16/05). She said that upon arrival that your would need the PIN because the code is unique to individual families. She went on further to check both mine and my DH profile and said there was nothing at this time. She wouldn't give me an answer about general codes saying that she was unsure of when or if they would be released.

I thought I would give it a try. If some of you did get the discount...congrats and I hope it works out.

Just in case anyone is wondering. . .I called today and no codes for general public released, keep your hopes up.

Lesley

I called last night and tried to use the code we were talking about in here. I was told those rooms are all gone. My DH called this morning and they let him use it!!! Saved us $500.00! He talked to Belinda.

Another thread had the same code. A few people from there said they had to call 3 times till they finally got a YES!

I would be worried I'd get there and be charged rack rate when I couldn't produce the PIN. I just wouldn't want that stress before and during my vacation! But I hope it works for you all who have been able to use it. (I'm a worrier anyway!!!)

LauraAnn630 said:
I called last night and tried to use the code we were talking about in here. I was told those rooms are all gone. My DH called this morning and they let him use it!!! Saved us $500.00! He talked to Belinda.

Another thread had the same code. A few people from there said they had to call 3 times till they finally got a YES!

I am just curious, did they tell you to bring the postcard or pin# when checking in? When I reserve with a AAA discount they tell me I must show the AAA card.

I was told it had to be paid by April 27. We are not going to June 11.
Ill call and make sure we are all paid up before we go.
I could be charged more when I get there. Belinda changed 2 room ressies for us and moved our balances on both.......never mentioned a pin at all.

Id be really surprised if I get there and cannot produce a pin and they make us pay an extra $500.00 after they tell us we are paid in full. Id just say I left it at home. If I needed a pin I think they would of asked on the phone after 30 minutes of talking and waiting.

Last year we got a postcard with a pin number. It didnt have a letter code.

This year I used a letter code....guess Ill see when I get there in June!

As a matter of fact my DH told her we got the code online. There was no mention of postcards or pins at all.

As far as the PIN goes, here is my experience:
For our trip in Dec., I called and had a very nice CM. I told him I had read that some e-mail codes had come out and could he check beside my name b/c I had recently changed email addresses. I told him the three letters of the code- which were posted here and then deleted. It was not attached to my name but he applied it to my reservation. I told him I didn't have the PIN and he said he understood that- he said sometimes if you call and check a CM will give it to you anyway. He told me over and over not to worry about it- cms give out discounts on occasion and it would be fine. I kept on about it and he tried to find a PIN number but it was taking a while so he assured me again. I was really worried about the PIN thing, so I called back and checked my rate- it was the discounted rate again. Once I got the confirmation letter I felt some better- it said something about the discount but didn't list a PIN nor did it say I needed a PIN at check-in (if I remember right). Anyway, no questions asked at check-in and the fact that it was a discounted room wasn't mentioned. Now, I'm not saying use a code 'unjustly'- but it never hurts to call and ask about available discounts- you never know, you might just get lucky like I did! princess:

csmommy said:
I am just curious, did they tell you to bring the postcard or pin# when checking in? When I reserve with a AAA discount they tell me I must show the AAA card.

I received a special rate by calling and asking if any codes we're available for our stay - I received the rate of $79 a night for a mod - the CM did not mention pin codes , letter codes or anything - I had originally had a AAA rate and my confirmation letter said to bring my AAA card to show at checkin - The confirmation letter that I received after changing my ressie to the $79 rate does not mention anything about requiring a code at checkin- If the confirmation does not tell you that you need it at check in - you will be fine.

I just got lucky with it too and saved 271 off of our ressie today at POP, I AM THRILLED!!!!
Lesley

OMG how did you do this? What code did you mention? ah!!!! I need to get some help too haha

Just tried it & no go. The CM said I had to have a pin.....oh well, worth a try. He did offer to look and see if I had a pin associated with my name, but I didn't. He reaffirmed that the e-mail/postcard pins are totally random.....he thought they were selected by computer.

He tried to sell me on the fact that if I purchased the dining plan I would probably save more with that than I would with a room discount, but I'm pretty skeptical of that math. We'll be traveling with our 14 month old and probably won't do many sit down meals. The dining plan does seem like it could be a good deal if you plan to do sit-downs daily, but it bothers me that there are so many restaurants excluded.

Oh well. I just need to suck it up and pay the rack rate. But now I'm even considering the Doubletree......it's less than a moderate at rack & we'd have a suite which would be nice for naps with our DD. That is a huge leap because we have never stayed off-property before, but it's crossing my mind.

I've called twice. Both CM's said I had to have a mailer with a pin number on it to use that code. Argghhh! I'm happy for those of you who were able to get such a good deal, but I'm a bit irritated at Disney for being inconsistent. With 5 people, our cheapest option is POR and there is a big difference between $126/night (AAA rate) and $79/night.
For the record, I talked with Ayesha and Garrett.

Also, I asked Garrett if there was any way to tell if I had been sent any offers. He took my name and address to check and said that the system did not show anything attached to my name. He said to keep checking the WDW website and the travel section of the sunday paper, but said he had no idea when or if general discount codes would be released. He said it is up to the marketing department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter