General Codes watch?

I said to myself what the heck let me call Disney...Well the cm I talked to gave me a discounted room for our stay in May although I'm booked through a TA now I have to see if she can get me the same deal. I guess I had something associated with my name. YAY!!! I am going to save $300!!! I'm so happy with this.

I'm happy for those of you who were able to get such a good deal, but I'm a bit irritated at Disney for being inconsistent.

I agree mill4023! I don't begrudge anyone the good deals they have gotten - AP rates, FL Res rates, or pin rates. After all, I've enjoyed several great discounts (AP and GP) on our stays throughout the years & I was thankful for each one. I just don't think we should get a different story from every CM that we talk to. Either the code is good for anyone or it isn't. It shouldn't be this complicated.

I used to enjoy "the chase" and the wait for codes, but now I'm just getting irritated with the inconsistency.

My advice is keep calling- I had ressies at POR and had checked - twice - since booking to see if any discounts were available. Last night I got the crazy hair to call again and the CM checked my info and my e-mail was wrong instead of momof3princesses, they had it listed as momof3princess, and he said I could get the room for $79. I about had a heart attack! I am so glad - Don't give up!!! :flower:

dizneefamily5 said:
My advice is keep calling- I had ressies at POR and had checked - twice - since booking to see if any discounts were available. Last night I got the crazy hair to call again and the CM checked my info and my e-mail was wrong instead of momof3princesses, they had it listed as momof3princess, and he said I could get the room for $79. I about had a heart attack! I am so glad - Don't give up!!! :flower:

What are your dates??

What general code is being tried? I can't seem to find it in the threads.

Anyone?

Tia.

I keep hearing about codes....what are they??? We are going Oct 2005 and I am looking for any deals out there.

Can anyone help me with this??

I spoke with a CM last week and was told they were not sure if there would be any codes because of the MYW options ??? did not sound right to me :confused3

I called and talked to a very sweet CM today. I asked if I had any pins associated with my name...No. Okay, can I use this discount code everyone is talking about? She knew which one I was referring to, and said, no, it is only for those with a pin. I said that I had heard some people were getting it without the pin. She said (this is what scares me!!) that upon check-in, these room rates will change back to rack rate and people will have to pay full price, if they don't have a pin associated with their names.

I don't know if this is true or not - it seems everyone gets different information from CM's - but it's not worth the risk to me. I've decided to just be happy with my AAA discount and leave it at that!

I can't imagine that happening, since we already have confirmation and the CM didn't tell us about needing a pin at checkin. I am not going to stress over it, I'm happy with the deal I have and don't see it changing.

Lesley

I gave up and booked my package through AAA. I got a discount there and I got a low airfare.

I could not wait forever!! :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :mickeybar

I can't wait to go :jumping1:

SDFgirl said:
I called and talked to a very sweet CM today. I asked if I had any pins associated with my name...No. Okay, can I use this discount code everyone is talking about? She knew which one I was referring to, and said, no, it is only for those with a pin. I said that I had heard some people were getting it without the pin. She said (this is what scares me!!) that upon check-in, these room rates will change back to rack rate and people will have to pay full price, if they don't have a pin associated with their names.

I don't know if this is true or not - it seems everyone gets different information from CM's - but it's not worth the risk to me. I've decided to just be happy with my AAA discount and leave it at that!

I chose to believe that this just isn't true. I think that answer is just an easy way to end the line of questioning and to discourage people from continually trying to use pin codes without pins.

Anyway, if they do try to charge me rack rate when I get there, I'll argue with them. If I can't win the argument, I'll get a cheaper room. If I can't get a cheaper room, I'll pay rack rate. I suppose its a bit of a gamble.

I chose to believe that this just isn't true.
I agree. I can't believe the computer programers would be so bad as to not be able to hook these rates up with the people who should be getting them. I assume that those of us who got the rate, somehow have this attached to our names. I find it hard to believe that the computers (who have a list of every person who has ever gone to Disney with me and know more about me than my spouse LOL) wouldn't just spit out those not allowed to use it. I used this same code several months ago, and had no problem at check in. Once you get a confirmation number, the people checking you in will go by that. When I have used an AP or postcard, that has been reflected on my mail confirmation. When I last used this code, it was not. I wish Disney would just settle on a price and let everyone get the same price. Perhaps if they did that, they would fill the rooms.

BostonRob said:
I chose to believe that this just isn't true. I think that answer is just an easy way to end the line of questioning and to discourage people from continually trying to use pin codes without pins.

Anyway, if they do try to charge me rack rate when I get there, I'll argue with them. If I can't win the argument, I'll get a cheaper room. If I can't get a cheaper room, I'll pay rack rate. I suppose its a bit of a gamble.

Who knows - maybe they'll charge, maybe they won't. Maybe it just depends on who is checking you in!! :teeth:

All I know is, I called twice, and was told the same thing both times. That's enough for me. Besides, I'm pretty happy with the AAA rate. I think $126/night is what you'd pay in any nice hotel in a nice area! :flower:

To all those who got the codes - I hope it works out for you. Everyone have a terrific vacation! :wizard:

SDFgirl said:
Besides, I'm pretty happy with the AAA rate. I think $126/night is what you'd pay in any nice hotel in a nice area!
LOL.
The most I've ever paid for a hotel room was $70/night for the Hyatt Regency in La Jolla, CA. Thank you priceline. I guess that's why it's so painful for me to pay $140/night with tax for POR.

mill4023 said:
LOL.
The most I've ever paid for a hotel room was $70/night for the Hyatt Regency in La Jolla, CA. Thank you priceline. I guess that's why it's so painful for me to pay $140/night with tax for POR.

mill4023:

So glad I could make you laugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter