getting credit for flights on Delta

disneycrazed139

DIS Veteran
We have paper tickets issued and the price dropped down to 141.00 rt from Newark to Orlando. I called Delta and they said if you have paper tickets, you need to go directly to a Delta ticket office to get a credit issued--the only ones in NJ being in Paramus and at Newark airport--both of which are a good hour to hour and a half away from us. Anyone know of any other way to get a credit issued if you have purchased a paper ticket? (as opposed to an electronic ticket)

Thanks!!

I have had paper tickets and they did it for me on the phone. They just adjusted the price and sent me a travel voucher in the mail. i would call back, or talk to a supervisor if it happens again. It seems to be a lot like disney res...... sometimes some will help you, and others do nothing.

I called Delta again and asked to speak with a supervisor. Again, they say that they cannot offer any kind of credit with a paper ticket. Any advice on how this was obtained? A specific # to call?

It sounds like you were told correctly at least according to their published rules.
<hr>
From Delta's website: Refund FAQ's

If I have purchased a ticket and a new fare is introduced, can I obtain a refund adjustment?

Yes, in most cases you may obtain a fare adjustment at any Delta airport ticket counter, City Ticket
Office location, or over the phone (e>tickets only). When we introduce new fares or reduce a current fare in a travel market, you may change already purchased tickets to the new fare if:

- the change is made prior to departure
- you do not change the flight, date, origin, destination or stopover points
- reservations are confirmed in the appropriate class of service
- all fare restrictions are met
- the lower fare is not a special delta.com only fare

Any applicable penalties are retroactive to the new fare ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter