GF VS Poly VS WL

We're debating between these same resorts. We stayed at Beach Club last trip and loved everything about it, but we wanted to do something different next time. We definitely want Deluxe. I was shocked to see that Poly (my first choice) is $721/night compared to the rest of the Deluxe options, which are mostly in the $400-500 range. I'm still really far out (November 2018), but I am trying to get an early jump on things. I'm nervous because while I do want a different experience, I'll be sad if it doesn't live up to how amazing Beach Club was for our family. I considered maybe a split stay between Poly and BC, but my husband doesn't really like the idea of moving, even though Disney makes it easy.
I'd choose Beach Club over Poly, personally. The Poly's common areas are more crowded & hectic because it's on the monorail & everyone wants to dine at Ohana. And they don't scan Magic Bands for access to the Poly volcano pool there like they do at Stormalong Bay. There seems to be a fair number of crashers at its volcano pool (again, easy for people to do as it's on the monorail), as I've never experienced a more crowded WDW resort pool than the Poly volcano pool when we stayed there two years ago. We did a split stay with Yacht Club, and Stormalong Bay was not crowded.

That said, my son really wants to try Poly again, so we'll be returning this August. And I do enjoy the convenience of being on the monorail line. But I added a resort day at Beach Club to the trip, too.

Last edited:
I'd choose Beach Club over Poly, personally. The Poly's common areas are more crowded & hectic because it's on the monorail. And they don't scan Magic Bands for access to the Poly volcano pool there like they do at Stormalong Bay. There seems to be a fair number of crashers at its volcano pool (again, easy for people to do as it's on the monorail), as I've never experienced a more crowded WDW resort pool than the Poly volcano pool two years ago.

That said, my son really wants to try Poly again, so we'll be returning this August. And I do enjoy the cinvenience of being on the monorail line. But I added a resort day at Beach Club on, too.

I stayed at the Poly less than two weeks ago and had to scan my MB at the volcano pool every time--sometimes the Oasis pool was open if a guest didn't close the gate fully, but if the door was closed, I had to scan for entry.

I stayed at the Poly less than two weeks ago and had to scan my MB at the volcano pool every time--sometimes the Oasis pool was open if a guest didn't close the gate fully, but if the door was closed, I had to scan for entry.
Really? Yay! They must have changed the policy. I'm so glad to hear that!

Klacey1, just curious, how were the crowds at the pool a couple of weeks ago when you were there? Did the scanning seem to help?

Poly CL or maybe GF main building CL. I'm not a fan of the meal plan because my family just doesn't eat that way (I often just want an appetizer and a dessert, DS11 might want a kids meal, etc) so we prefer to be able to just get what we want without worrying about credits. Breakfast in the CL lounge is a huge plus for us, we love having snacks and drinks available, and at the Poly that lounge view is so fun. I've never stayed GF in the main building though, so if I had a "money is no object" trip, I think I would go for that! Love the music from the lobby in the evenings, it's so pretty and the pool areas are great.

Thanks for your opinions everyone! We have booked the Poly for our pre-cruise stay. YAY! We decided on the meal plan since we will want to do character dinners as much as we can since we have little ones with us.

Now the countdown begins. 350+ days to go... lol

Klacey1, just curious, how were the crowds at the pool a couple of weeks ago when you were there? Did the scanning seem to help?

I think so! We went down around 11 am on a Friday and there were plenty of chairs available, both with shade and without. The pool itself wasn't at all crowded and there was zero line for the slide.

I think so! We went down around 11 am on a Friday and there were plenty of chairs available, both with shade and without. The pool itself wasn't at all crowded and there was zero line for the slide.
That's good to know, thanks! I'm torn between WL and Poly too. Like Poly location and room size better, but worried it could feel too crowded. WL seems like the more tranquil resort and my husband is going to need some tranquility after chasing me and 3 yo DD through the parks next May :)

Thanks for your opinions everyone! We have booked the Poly for our pre-cruise stay. YAY! We decided on the meal plan since we will want to do character dinners as much as we can since we have little ones with us.

Now the countdown begins. 350+ days to go... lol

Have a great trip! :wizard:

We have stayed twice at WL. I choose it because it had bunk beds - no more arguments about having to sleep in the same bed - they are now DD's 16 and 13. We upgraded to club level - way worth it. Ease of grabbing a quick bite in the morning and drinks/snacks in the evening. Also extra help from WDW staff in planning extra-curiccular activities. I guess we just loved the boat ride to MK and the bus rides were fine to the other parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter