Gideon's Bakehouse (used to be cynical, not anymore...lol!)

prncssjas

Running, Disney, Aladdin...
During our last trip down (February 2023 for Princess weekend), I decided to finally try Gideon's Bakehouse at Disney Springs. Like some folks, I was really cynical about waiting in a long line for some large cookies. 🤣 🍪 Would it be worth it?

Well, I was SUPER excited to be really wrong about it and glad I went. But I will say, yes, I purchased cookies and they were quite tasty but it was the cake that really cemented my opinion that this is a must do place for me! I did make the mistake of arriving right at 10am (if I would have known, I would have showed up earlier) so I did wait in line for 40 mins or so? It was a nice day so not a big deal. I enjoyed the experience of being inside and I had no idea what to order (so I bought a little bit of everything).

What I really loved and found amazing was a cake slice of the Pipistrello!! OMG amazing! It was a dark chocolate cake with cinnamon buttercream (I think it's the coffee cake cookie but in cake?). It was truly heaven and the slice was huge...I ate it over 3 days. Can't wait to go back and see what else is good. I don't know if I will buy cookies again but I will try another slice of cake. 🎂💜

If you go there, what cake do you love? What do I need to try next time?

I’ll be honest, the cookies have never looked appealing to me...too big, and the choc chip one has way too many chips, and I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Chocolate chips. The cakes do sound yummy, though - I might have to check it out, though waiting on line for hours is not for me. Too bad there‘s no way of knowing what cakes they have that day without waiting on line

Oh and yum, that cake sounds amazing ...I love LOVE cinnamon !

Last edited:
My fav part was the decor. I love the whole atmosphere they have, and the checkout was a particularly fun part.

The cookies were good but I’d go back just to look around some more.

To me the any of the cookies that have chips in them are way over rated. It's basically like dumbing a bag of chips in your mouth.

The coffee cake cookie and the oreo cookie are outstanding definitely worth a small wait.

I also like most of there cold brews.

I LOVE the Banana Chocolate Chip cookie. It doesn't have that disgusting "fake banana" taste that a lot of banana flavored foods do. The Pumpkin Chai cold brew also rules. I've never had any of the cakes. They're way too big and none of them look appetizing to me.

I try to go whenever the wait is 1 1/2 hours or less. Last weekend Gideons had a 5 1/2 hour which is absolutely not worth it lol

Surprisingly to me, the coffee cake cookie was my favorite, with the cookies and cream coming in second. I've had the chocolate cake, the Lemon Poppyseed cake, and the Red Velvet cake. The lemon poppyseed was my favorite followed by the chocolate. I did not like the red velvet. It tasted like I was eating a fork full of flour.

I’ll be honest, the cookies have never looked appealing to me...too big, and the choc chip one has way too many chips, and I ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Chocolate chips. The cakes do sound yummy, though - I might have to check it out, though waiting on line for hours is not for me. Too bad there‘s no way of knowing what cakes they have that day without waiting on line

You can ask one of the employees that are outside the shop about the cakes being offered or ask for the cool card which shows what cakes are available each day. If the line is too long, they will add you to a virtual queue so you don't have to wait there.

You can ask one of the employees that are outside the shop about the cakes being offered or ask for the cool card which shows what cakes are available each day. If the line is too long, they will add you to a virtual queue so you don't have to wait there.
Oh great, thanks! Perfect!

They post the cake slice schedule for the month on instagram, I think. You can also find the cake schedule on the extra magic minutes web site. They post a Gideon's article on the first of every month that also lists the cookie and cold brew of the month.

I am partial to the Rainbow Crunch cake, which is available on Fridays most of the year. I had wanted to try the Golden Oreo cake for forever, and was a little disappointed when I finally did. The Andes Mint was a little too minty for me. I will be down in late April and am hoping there will be something good on whichever day I can make it down there. I will be checking the website tomorrow!!

Their Instagram is the best way to see what cakes are offered each day. The schedule changes each month.

The Everything Chocolate cake was absolutely divine.

They post the cake slice schedule for the month on instagram, I think. You can also find the cake schedule on the extra magic minutes web site. They post a Gideon's article on the first of every month that also lists the cookie and cold brew of the month.

I am partial to the Rainbow Crunch cake, which is available on Fridays most of the year. I had wanted to try the Golden Oreo cake for forever, and was a little disappointed when I finally did. The Andes Mint was a little too minty for me. I will be down in late April and am hoping there will be something good on whichever day I can make it down there. I will be checking the website tomorrow!!

Thank you! The cakes are probably too over the top for me as I prefer relatively simple cakes, but I’d be far more inclined to try them then the cookies, which just look way too much...

I’ve never been on the EMM site...I love it !

Every time I go there is a line and I keep telling myself next time lol. I really do want to try them though :) Are their cakes moist?

How does this work? I've walked by a few times, but that line..... how/when could I join a virtual queue?

This is interesting! I am very much in the camp of thinking the cookies look too ridiculous to possibly be good. lol Who wants to bite through a layer of 100 chocolate chips to get to the good part of a cookie??? But my husband is set on trying Gideon’s during our next trip. Maybe I’ll give it a try. The cakes do look amazing, I’ll give them that.

This is interesting! I am very much in the camp of thinking the cookies look too ridiculous to possibly be good. lol Who wants to bite through a layer of 100 chocolate chips to get to the good part of a cookie??? But my husband is set on trying Gideon’s during our next trip. Maybe I’ll give it a try. The cakes do look amazing, I’ll give them that.
They're not really cookies. I don't know what they are, but they're definitely a more-is-more thing. I find them gummy and overdone, definitely a FOMO experience.

Paying $6 to wait hours to buy one of these things in a room that's painted black isn't my idea of a good time. :laughing:

How does this work? I've walked by a few times, but that line..... how/when could I join a virtual queue?
Just ask an employee standing by the entrance. They take your info and text you when it’s time to come back. Then it will be like a 10 minute wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter