Given What You Know Now

Three (BWV, SSR, RIV) out of four, absolutely, yes - love them all.
Our only regret is buying BCV instead of more BWV, but even that has worked out well. We rent out the BCV points for a premium, & know that it will likely be easy to sell if we ever decide (it's just a 60pt contract).

I had SSR but the UY wasn't the best (Dec) for our travel. So I bought VGF with a Feb UY and that is much better for us and we love VGF. I'm closing on a VGF resale contract now to add more points to supplement my direct contract. I also have a couple of BWV contracts with an Aug UY; so we're now covered for the whole year with points. I've sold my SSR contracts to help pay for my VGF contracts.

I love my home resorts and the amounts feel just right! Maybe I would give up a few aulani for a few more VGC.

Last edited:

I’m a yes and a no. We own at akv and okw. We love akv and absolutely would buy again. Okw we like but main reason to buy was sleep around points most years with some years 3BR for big family trips. Since then our family has purchased a 2br condo in area which has killed interest in 3BR. If I had to do it over again we likely would exchange the okw for more points at akv.

Yes. We purchased SSR in 2017 resale and added on there in 2018. We purchased based on the lower cost of ownership. In all those years and about 12 trips we have only stayed at our home resort once. It was fine with us even though we liked some of the others better. There are good and bad aspects at any of the resorts. Our view is, hey we're at Disney World, that always better than work. A plus is we normally stay in DVC resorts for a lower real cost per night than Pop Century which by the way I have stayed once. Never again.

I bought AKL direct. Although I like AKL and consider it my third favorite WDW DVC property, I would rather have the points at Poly or WL.

Would you still choose the same home resort if you could go back and do it all over again?
We purchased SSR, pre-opening, with a fair understanding of timeshare in general and DVC-as-of-that-time. If we "went back" to that same point in time, YES, we'd purchase SSR all over again.

However, if all the resorts we have today were available in 2004? I'd purchase the Grand Cal! (Know that Grand Cal wasn't even hinted at back in 2004. Not a word or whisper.)

I stayed at the Grand Cal Hotel a few times many years ago. In the middle of Covid, I thought that everyone would want to travel again after being at home for so long. We've owned Marriott for 20 years, so I looked into DVC. I saw a good contract and bought resale. I had actually bought about 50 points more that I planned, and do wish I had bought even more, but my wife doesn't like timeshares so I'm happy with what I managed to buy and would have bought the same (if not more).

Tough to answer since our welcome home trip is in 3 weeks. But we bought CCV for the length of contract, access to WL during the holidays and our overall love for that resort. September use year to mirror the school year since we have 2 little girls and being from NH we will never go in the summer (only 3 months of hot weather here).

We took a gamble buying two contracts at BLT (never stayed there before buying), but we love it! Main selling points were walk to MK and extra bathroom in the 1BR and up.

I bought BLT to get First dibs on VGF! Wish we bought more VGF when we first bought! Wouldn’t change a thing besides that 🥰

If I could go back not sure I change anything. If I had to decide now not sure I would buy in currently.

Bought in at Poly..... The lack of larger units brought on our switch to Riv. Happy to have listed the Poly contract so someone else can enjoy that beautiful resort.

I wouldn’t change anything. I have 2 OKW contracts bought direct. I’m looking forward to eventually staying at all the resorts but I’m also 100% happy just being at OKW.

DH regrets purchasing BLT. Neither of us care for the design. The focus was always about walking to MK. However now neither of us really cares for the MK and avoid the park entirely. I think, if we sell at all, it will be the one we let go. Our only regret with our BCV is that we purchased it last so couldn't justify a larger point purchase. Our original contract was Kidani. We didn't stay there for the first three years of our DVC membership, using it to trade into all the other venues. When the economy recovered and people began returning to WDW we found our transferring ability limited so we ended up at Jambo. We were stunned how much we enjoyed being there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter