GKTW Event: Coasting For Kids - June 7, 2015 - $18,767 TOTAL!

I'd like to participate here in Kansas City, but I actually already have a season pass to Worlds of Fun. Since I don't need a ticket, should I sign up as a virtual rider even though I intend to be there?

I'd like to participate here in Kansas City, but I actually already have a season pass to Worlds of Fun. Since I don't need a ticket, should I sign up as a virtual rider even though I intend to be there?

if you're going to be in the Park that day, you'll have to register. Registration not only gets you into the Park, but you get a shirt, food and a wristband to get you priority access to the coaster(s).

Not sure the schedule at Worlds of Fun, but here at Knott's the even starts before regular Park hours, so a season pass wouldn't work here.

Hope that helps. You could always email GKTW if you want to double check.

Welcome to #30!!

We're getting close to beating last year's total of 34 DISers!

c4k2013.jpg Where are all my Dorney Park dis'ers??? If you are in the NJ, NY, PA area come join us at Dorney!!! Also, if you have kids and think they may be too young to participate...they are not. My dance team ages 6-8 participate by raising money and riding the rides they are able to. They had a blast last year and can't wait to do it again this year!

Remember, no East vs West this year. Every Park is it's own team!

It's still REAL early, but here are the totals so far:

$765 Knott's Berry Farm
$320 Valleyfair
$300 Canada's Wonderland
$75 Cedar Point
$75 Kings Island
$20 Dorney Park
$0 Carowinds
$0 Worlds of Fun

For a total of $1,555!

There are still no DISers at California's Great America, Kings Dominion or Michigan's Adventure.

One quick question. If I sign up with my 6yo DD we would pay 2 $25 registration fees and each collect a minimum of $75. Is this correct? Is it possible for just me to sign up, pay for her normal admission to the park and us ride together or do we both need to register? Thanks for helping out a curious newbie.

One quick question. If I sign up with my 6yo DD we would pay 2 $25 registration fees and each collect a minimum of $75. Is this correct? Is it possible for just me to sign up, pay for her normal admission to the park and us ride together or do we both need to register? Thanks for helping out a curious newbie.

If you both sign up, you would both need to pay the $25 registration and both raise at least $75.....and that's probably the way to go.
Registration gets you:
Early access - at some of the Park, the event begins before Park open
Priority access - no line for people participating in the event at select coasters
Lunch
T-Shirt

Team Totals update:
$845 Knott's Berry Farm
$375 Valleyfair
$300 Canada's Wonderland
$75 Cedar Point
$75 Kings Island
$20 Dorney Park
$0 Carowinds
$0 Worlds of Fun

It's time to get those totals up!!

Everyone is doing awesome!!

$1,000 Valleyfair
$980 Knott's Berry Farm
$475 Dorney Park
$325 Canada's Wonderland
$75 Cedar Point
$75 Kings Island
$35 Carowinds
$35 Worlds of Fun
$0 Michigan's Adventure

Last edited:
What roller coasters will be ridden at Great America? Also, will Michael be doing a meet there if there are DISers?

What roller coasters will be ridden at Great America? Also, will Michael be doing a meet there if there are DISers?

The itinerary for this year hasn't been released, but last year it looks like participants got a ride or two on Gold Striker before the park opened, then spent the day on Flight Deck and Demon.

I'm sure Michael can be convinced.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter