Glacier and Yellowstone NPs

Glacier Park Lodge has an online reservation system. They have Family or Deluxe Rooms for $219 a night during the summer. The location of these rooms are designated. Some are 3rd floor main lodge, and some are first or second floor Great Northern Wing which is connected to the main lodge via a breezeway. The online system will tell you what, if anything, is available. The regular room rate is $175 a night, but there are value rooms (the rooms are priced by room size) for $145. I stayed in a value room. They are REALLY tiny.

I am amazed they don't make accommodation for people who have trouble with steps. I guess nobody wants to be told their room is a 4th floor walk-up.
Still, during the summer people are desperate for rooms. The night we were leaving the park, we saw no vacancy signs for at least 100 miles.
Link for online reservations:
http://www.glacierparkinc.com/Lodging/PropertyDetails.asp?id=1&prop=G

I am curious if anyone knows if there are little grocery stores in Yellowstone where you can buy ice, milk, etc. ?We are thinking about bringing a cooler for our cabin and want to make sure we can replenish with ice, etc.

I am curious if anyone knows if there are little grocery stores in Yellowstone where you can buy ice, milk, etc. ?We are thinking about bringing a cooler for our cabin and want to make sure we can replenish with ice, etc.

Yes, I believe that I saw supplies at atleast one shop but probably more. The best bet would be to check out the stores near the camp grounds.

There are several general stores in Yellowstone Park, including at Canyon and Lake and Tower and Grant and Fishing Bridge and Old Faithful.

Larger stores outside the park at West Yellowstone or north of Mammoth.

Good luck for Glacier. It is lovely. Check the road openings online when you are about to leave. I have been in a snowstorm there in early July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter